Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 09-24-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Night everyone! Thirty five days here! Yay! Worked today and am tired, but wanted to check in and say hi.
Renvate, your post was very sweet. Glad you are being wise about it, but it's always hard to break up. Hugs to you!
Old 09-24-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I was just playing around with this but couldn't see how to delete it, sorry.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Joining you

Hi folks
Day one and I'm going to bed freakishly early to get it behind me.
I woke up this morning feeling very clear in my soul that this has to stop.
We had family over but no alcohol around because a family member is training for a big race and it was decided that nobody would drink in solidarity. I spent the afternoon picking pomegranates and mowing the lawn.
Nope, I haven't shared my plan with anyone yet including my wife. She's heard it all before and actions speak louder.
I try to remind myself how solid and whole I felt the last time I made a serious stab at sobriety and at empty and fraudulent I feel when drinking.
I'm looking forward to reading your stories and to this group.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Yea, Juno, I don’t use Facebook. Mostly talking about Twitter. I had to get off FB a few years ago. It drove me crazy!
I can relate on both counts! My Twitter addiction is a problem. I have to delete it from my phone from time to time so I stop checking it.

Just FYI, the Lego Ninjago movie was a bust for us. We left about 15 minutes into it because it seemed very bad. What a bummer since we loved Lego Batman... c'est la vie.

I'm just happy to be feeling better and to be starting the new week without a hangover.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Felt like crap pretty much all weekend. Was tempted to go for a drink or a beer but I thought about how disgusting it actually tastes. No beer or wine or alcohol actually tastes good. We program our minds to think that because of the feeling it gives us, but it tastes gross in itself, no denying it. There's actually some medication that numbs the effect of alcohol when you consume it (you just drink that sour crap but never get a buzz) and that alone actually makes you stop drinking.
So I thought maybe a mixed drink. Just to ease my tension, discomfort, anger and feel better but then I thought about tomorrow getting to 3 weeks of sobriety, finances (those bar drinks are expensive and just 1 will turn into 10), the guilt, shame, slipping with a strong possibilty of another full fledged collapse ahead for the next few days/weeks/months...i decided on a banana & strawberry milkshake instead at McDonald's. Was good and only a dollar!
Am glad to not have drank, the craving is gone but I still feel down. Thankfully, it's almost 10 pm and time to call it a day.
Hopefully, tomorrow I feel better. I must help myself and consume better food or beverages too like that smoothie. It was sweet but it's still the healthiest thing I've had in weeks.
Welcome to all and congrats on taking this step and this decision to quit!
Old 09-24-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Day 9 here and doing okay.

Renvate, I too ended a long term relationship today. It wasn't easy and I am right with you on how it was probably handled better because we were sober. My abuse of alcohol was an indirect contributor to the break up because of things I said during a blackout. That said, there were obviously other issues that were the main contributor, but having serious discussions in the past while in a blackout sure didn't help things.

I felt sad all day, but didn't drink over it. The craving did arise for about 15 minutes and I just got busy and read a few posts on the forum and tried to play the tape over and over in my head about how,that last drunk was the catalyst for the breakup. Seeing the sadness in my ex boyfriends face nearly broke my heart.

Oh well. I am just happy I didn't drink tonight and won't be waking up tomorrow with a wicked hangover.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and look forward to a great week.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Well I need to do a restart, I came home from work to a house full of company , celebrating a job transfer of a close friend. I was expecting one or two couples, but not the intensity of the celebration. Truth be told I became overwhelmed and had a glass. I stopped it at that but the harm was done. I am now so mad at myself, husband doesn't understand why I am in such a foul mood,, not happy with myself at all. I feel I should have been stronger, it was to easy to give in to the urge. Not in a good place with myself right now.

Badge
Old 09-24-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem fitsom

You can edit posts up to 15 mins after you first post Sober369 - but there's no way for members to completely delete a post

Welcome back Badgerden

D
Old 09-25-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Badgerden , sorry you had a glass but your back here right away and didn't continue . I never have people outwith immediate family celebrating anything in my house as the chances of me drinking with a house full of drinking people is high . I would be white knuckling the entire event .

Caprice i'm the opposite I loved the taste of a beer ,not spirits or wine only beer . On TV adverts and some programs when I see a fresh pint of beer its stirs my taste buds for a few seconds .

Up at 7am dull damp morning outside , put the kitchen light on and the bulb popped and tripped the safety switch , went upstairs got a new bulb and the little steps , changed the bathroom bulb , back down switched the kitchen light on ,not working . I changed the wrong bulb , got the bulb which I took from the bathroom put it in the kitchen , now there is light .

I have no control over the dull weather , no control over the blown light bulb but I control whether I will drink today and I will not .

To anyone having a rough time I hope it gets better .
To anyone back on day one i,m glad you came back .
To anyone with feelings of fear and anxiety I hope you find peace.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Just checking in here. Another day at work and not much time to do anything else, honestly. Still working on quitting smoking. Doing pretty well - had one yesterday but that's about it.
Not a lot of drinking cravings, so that's nice, but I am eating SO much sugar. That needs to stop. I only drank 3 times over a month long period, so it's not like I'm going through withdrawls or anything. Only mentally, I suppose.

Hope everyone is good!
Welcome to all the newcomers - come back often! We all need each other in these days.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:16 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

21 days for me now. Enjoying a day off work today😀
Old 09-25-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Good morning super-sober September members. Day 25 starting here - a cool, misty day - just walked the dog for an hour through the woods and on the golf course. Good to be clear-headed enough to really enjoy the the peace of the land blanketed in mist.

Great reading about all the battles going on - it's like a war in here! We are the attacked and the reinforcements...
Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Monday morning here.....it's sure nice to wake up with no hangover.....

Has anyone seen the Sober Bus thread? We go on daily adventures and act like goofballs if you'd like to hop on board and join us!

Here is a link for it.....
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...us-pt-8-a.html (Please stay on the Sober Bus -- pt.8)
Old 09-25-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Badge, please don't be so hard on yourself. You were very kind to me when I relapsed last week! You had a glass and you stopped, and can restart today. I had a whole bottle on Thursday night. I was a mess! You have had a minor slip. Don't be hard on yourself and just jump right back.

I'm sorry for those going through a break up (Renvate, LoveHateWhine). The last time that happened to me I went into a tailspin and started drinking heavily (back in 2007). That was the start of this whole mess. Since then I have dated but never back in a relationship. I have not dated since 2011 and I'm happily single. Everyone is different, but breakups are tough. Warm thoughts to both of you.

Everyone else, doing great and have a great start to this new week. So nice to be making myself some coffee and not be hungover getting my kids ready for school and me for work. I can't tell you how nice the feeling is!
Old 09-25-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Purplrks3647 you forgot to mention how great the jokes are on that thread!
Old 09-25-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

PurpIrks, the Sober Bus looks like fun! I'll jump on it the next time it comes by.

I see there's a lot of jokes being shared there, so I feel like sharing my favourite joke with you Septemberians (try reading it with a pirate voice in your head) :

What's a pirate's favourite letter?
ARRRR ?
Naaah, it be the C !

Old 09-25-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I think even if I weren't an alcoholic I would come on this forum for the jokes.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Buck up Badgerden. This is a process. You made a mistake and learned from it. Lets go forward and be sober today! Day 16
Old 09-25-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Just lost a post. I almost always copy before I hit reply. My green tea must not be kicking in yet!

This is such a great class! I've really been enjoing reading all of your posts.

Day 4 here today.
Got the kids on the bus with pretty little fuss for a Monday. I have accepted the mission of finding cleats by 3pm for one of them though! If I had been drinking last night I may have said too bad so sad.
Looking forward to a pretty layed back day here. I have cleaning and laundry to do. But I'm planning on working out, meditating, journaling and doing a bit of crafty stuff too. As well as sticking close to SR.

Hope you all have a wonderful sober Monday!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fitsom View Post
I try to remind myself how solid and whole I felt the last time I made a serious stab at sobriety and at empty and fraudulent I feel when drinking.
Hi Fitsom, welcome😀 I have to remember this too. Thanks!