Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Part one is here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 09-17-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Hey Im first!! yeah me.

Welcome Lovehatewine and all others!

Juno love decorating for the seasons, and its never to early to make yourself a happy place.

General congrats!! 73 miles and 17 sober days!! Each one is something that stands proud on its own but together,,, wow!:

Glad your here offthemast, every journey starts with one step.

Good football going on Blue Dog! Love this time of year!!

I have been in reading mode also lately. I just finished Hilary Clintons book, I found it rather lacking. Next in line is Peter Cozzens, The Earth is Weeping. it is a different take on the Indian wars for the American west.

Husband is on his way home from another weekend outing. It is so wonderful to not be going crazy making sure that all my wine is hid, empties, thrown out, receipts destroyed.,,,, and by the the time he actually walks through the door, I will probably be asleep, not passed out . Such a nice change for me.

Take care Septemberites!

Badge
Old 09-17-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on day 13. Nearly two weeks. The longest I've gone without a drink in I-have-no-idea but around the 15 year mark?

General, that is amazing, congratulations!

Like others, I'm reading more (now that I'm likely to remember what I've read the previous night) and starting to take care of my house more. I used to care so much about how the house looked (It even got a big feature in a hugely circulating magazine here in Aus a couple of years ago) and in the last few years I have just given up on it. My partner has always been messy, and earlier I would pick up after him, accepting that if I wanted a tidy house, I'd have to do it myself. When drunk, I'd think 'Why f***ing bother?' Tbh, I thought that about most things when drunk.

There is a lot to catch up, but every small step is good. I come home to a made bed, or a tidied bookshelf and it spurs me to do a little more.

I hope you're all well and I hope the ash clears for those affected.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have two weeks😊 It's been a bit up and down but I'm still fighting.

Good luck to everyone on the thread!

Ps. Monster effort on that ultra, General!
Old 09-17-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi all, just a quick check in. I'm feeling a little better than I did earlier today. I guess the moral of the story is that sad feelings pass and moods change. Sunday nights were traditionally a night where I would relapse. I just hated the emptiness I felt on Sunday nights and the dread of the weekend being over. I've gotten better at dealing with these feelings and have thankfully learned to not drink over them. My relapses lately have been more mid-week, mostly when I'm unable to really do a lot of self-care. Time to change that this week and add some mid-week self-care!

Badge, I'm with you. Decorating for holidays is fun. Any little thing we can do to add a little joy is good!

I will be on Day 7 tomorrow and always feel like I'm getting somewhere when I get to day 7 & 8, for some strange reason. Congrats to everyone doing so well!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Check in on new thread! Weekend is almost over. I'm still feeling under the weather but using only Advil and a decongestant and doing ok. Went to an all night diner (Waffle House for those of you familiar with southern US it is a mainstay!) and chatted with a couple guys after a meeting earlier. Was cool I got to ask some questions about their early sobriety (one is 16 months sober the other 3 years) and talk about what I'm going through in my first month. Got some good advice! Hope all had an great weekend and heres to happy and sober week ahead!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your congratulations - makes me want to do another one!
Day 18 just starting here - I feel deeply relaxed after my run, so no desire to drink at the moment but I know this will change.

Strength to all for today.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi all ,
Thanks Dee for your hard work in maintaining the second part of September .
Thanks to above posters for taking the time to tell us a little bit of how it is . When I read others feelings I realise I am not alone and that's lovely to know .
Yesterday was the only day from 1st Aug I never logged in here , was very busy day then I was watching some old Taggart episodes and fell asleep .

Badgerden , it was hard work hiding the empties and as sure as God there was always one or two I missed .

Since my increase in levothyroxine (thyroid medication)8 days ago I think I,m levelling out as I feel bit calmer and sleeping better . Tension headaches 90 percent gone also , wow thank God for that one .

Reading Dee's link about PAWS was very helpful ,sometimes its the understanding of things that makes us feel better .

I came here on 1st Aug not because I was at the end of the worst binge ever but because of several smaller drinking sessions over some months accumulated in my system and I felt done for . I need to remind myself ( as is in the PAWS article ) that even a small amount of alcohol is enough to set me back to where I was or worse, it never is the case where I become a normal drinker , not ever . I now accept that and at peace with it .

Love and best wishes to all
Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

HI everyone,

I too, had a busy weekend with family. Lots to do, my son home from college and my daughter home from her apartment in NYC. I even made a turkey dinner yesterday!

I had terrible cravings yesterday but with my family home it was impossible to act on them, which was great news for me!!!

I haven't had time to catch up on all of the posts, but I appreciate all of you and hope to catch up this afternoon...

Starting day 6 and feeling just okay..busy day at work...

Have a great sober Monday all!!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

New to the class of september

Hello all, I am on my third morning just wanted to introduce myself into the group. SR has been great and I hope with continued posts and others support I can do this, this time. Happy Monday!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Wick

D
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Starting day 10.
It was much easier weekend i think because my husband is on board with me. We stayed busy in the yard and got over 15k steps yesterday. Sleep came easy. =) I wanted to go out to lunch because i didn't want to cook after being in the yard all day, but my husband reminded me that it may be a trigger. You know, hey i worked all day, i deserve a beer now. I agreed and we stayed in and kept it simple. Smoked salmon and sparking water. yum.
Congratulations to all of us for making better healthy decisions.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, day 17 checking in. This weekend was rough for me! Yesterday was the first day I had a craving, but it passed quickly. I agree, all of these new emotions are really interesting and tough to deal with. I realized that I'd been repressing a lot of feelings that are just now very apparent now that I'm actually conscious. For example, I have a good friend (I've actually considered her my best friend) and it's becoming more apparent to me that the relationship is pretty one-sided... I'm always the one to call/text her, ask if she feels like hanging out, when we talk on the phone I ask her how she's doing but she rarely asks how I'm doing, I'm always driving to her exc. How did I not see this before, and what do I do about it now? It sucks, and actually my heart hurt really bad over it all weekend. I feel like if I'm true to my self and say anything to her (or ask her to come over to MY house sometimes) that our friendship will most likely end. Yikes, doesn't sound like a real friendship anyway. It's just super depressing because throughout my drinking I felt confident that I have amazing "friends".

Anyway, I said the serenity prayer and realized that I don't have control over her or anyone else. All I have control over is me. What does that mean? I have the control to get myself to more meetings and reach out, to be available and open to new friendships, I have the control to get a sponsor at my women's meeting tonight and begin working the steps. I can work on myself so that I can be the best version of me possible.

Sorry for the journal entry of a post haha. It would nice to hear any other stories of people going through something similar- realizing that things may not have been as they seemed while we were drinking, having new feelings come up that are more difficult to deal with in sobriety exc.

It's Monday and today will be a better day, and I am NOT going to drink over anything. <3
Old 09-18-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BGS

Hello everyone, I'd like to join in. I assume one can join mid-month but if the intent is full month, please correct me. I want to take control of my life again. I have so much to be thankful for and grateful for that I must take action now. I give up my efforts at moderating.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

BGS welcome! You are free to join at anytime. Good to have you with us.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hello. I am checking into this Group. I have been on SR for awhile now and started my journey in February 2016. I have had a relapse and let my family and friends down in addition to myself. I am devastated. I don't want to drink and commit to you that I will not drink today. I intend to come here daily and reaffirm that commitment.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Wick , Badger , BGS , a warm sincere welcome to you . Look forward to reading your posts .
Old 09-18-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just checking in at day 10 and catching up on all the weekend posts. I've been at this stage many times, and this is usually when I start feeling better and convince myself I can start drinking again. So, I'm taking advice gathered on this forum and trying to put it in place this last time (hopefully!). I think the difference this time is that I'm not sitting around passively for that AV to come around. I'm aggressively focusing on a full change in lifestyle, including better diet, exercise, activities, etc. This includes all the suggested plans to deal with the triggers that will undoubtedly arise (stress, loneliness, depression, etc.).
Old 09-18-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi guys I'm new.

Hi guys I'd like to join this group. Did well last year got to nearly 100 days then it all went bad and has got worse.

day 1.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 19. I think we have 2 badgers, pretty cool.

Nothing much to report. my body is gradually getting used to me not saturating myself with booze anymore. I still have my moments, but getting better.

Peace