Old 09-23-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Caprice6

Originally Posted by Kachal View Post
Caprice, that sounds awful. What did you say when he brought so much stuff? I just can't imagine how someone could do that. You said it's temporary until you leave, how long is that?
If your home isn't your haven, well that's tough. Stay strong, this is definitely not a situation for drinking. I'm thinking of you.
Thanks Kachal. My friend was speechless. It's beyond me as well.

He said that he will organize it all and it will look nice. I don't care, it's crammed with old, ugly furniture, no less. I liked my simple, light, minimal furnishings and most of all space in this overpriced shoe-box downtown apartment.
He's young though, so I am not worried about any advanced alcoholism. I am worried though now about having his friends and guests over and parties (he seems like the type). I cannot let myself be walked on like this. I won't stand for that at all.
I need to save up for start up costs once I leave. Also need to pay for my dogs' vaccinations, flights etc. I should start working abroad start of January, so until end December.
I loved living on my own and am having a very difficult time with this. Walking through my living room has become a maze.
Sober - I told him, but it was too late. Little to no time finding someone else too. He saw my place and saw it as an opportunity to move in all his junk and take advantage. It's shameless. I like to think people are like me for some reason and conduct themselves in a cultured manner. I've been greatly disappointed as of late.
Good going on your change, sticking to your guns and plans over the weekend!
Live and learn - from now on, I only accept certified checks or payments upfront for one. About this latest matter, it's too late to do anything about it but tough it out and hope to never be in this situation again where in my late 30's I need a roommate. sadly, it's common in the city with the rent being as high as it is.