Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 04-01-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Day 40 (after midnight)

Just an update, dog is still missing. I know I heard him yelp out, like he was hit or something and that sound is sticking with me inside my head. I'm really torn up about the whole thing, like I failed him and let him get hurt.

Well, I haven't drank. I spent most of the day lying in bed worrying, when I wasn't driving around. Went to an AA meeting, and that helped very much. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still sober.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Dis- I'm sorry your dog is still not home, but don't give up hope. Very glad you are still sober. Hope you are able to get some rest, and that your pup gets home soon. Hang in there!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Disonant,
thinking of you & sending you strength.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Badger, yeah Pecan Susans are unfrigginbelievable. I'm paying the price for my malfeasance with the cookies today though. I'm on a really strict diet because so many foods make me sick. I'm working with a Dr on it. It was definately a better choice than Plan A... Booze.

Right now I'm about to devour turkey sausage, pork sausage, and a container of oatmeal from the Whole Foods breakfast bar with a bandanna.. Ohhhhh yeah.

Tie weather looks like it will be unbelivable today. I need to do laundry badly today and shave my head and shower thouroughly. I'm hoping I can go to my sister's place. She has the massive laundry machines and amazing shower stalls.

Ok. Let ya know how it goes.

V

BTW DIS, I'm still thinking if the puppy.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Don't give up on the pup Dis. I have had run away pups gone days before I was able to locate them. It is a gut wrenching experience and I feel your pain very much. Glad you didn't drink. Hope today is a better day.
Smoked a couple racks of ribs yesterday while I was working on the house and triggered the good old AV. Pretty muffled and short lived. I was prepared for it and that helped. It does get easier with time. The hard part now is not letting my guard down just because it muffled it never gives up. Time to get moving and get something done. Good day everybody
Old 04-02-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I really hope dis finds that pup!!!
Old 04-02-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

How was the weekend Axe?
Old 04-02-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still wishing the best Dis - noone who cares as much as you obv do could be considered a failure as a pet owner

Hope everyone else is doing ok
Old 04-02-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Weekend had its ups and downs. I did 2 very good things and two not so good things. I am going to have a very sober week, and will start exercising finally. My wife's car should be back after 2 1/2 weeks in the shop and work is a little less crazy. Hoping that all of this will help make it easy.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Support to all
Old 04-02-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hanging in here...this is about the time I start thinking drinking again would be a good idea. No more.

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 04-02-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Dis, I'm sending strength too and I'm so sorry the pup isn't home yet.

This is the best day since I joined this group. My energy was very good. I washed all of my clothes and bedding, groomed myself, took a seriously long hot shower, took a hardcore hike for an hour, washed my car by hand, and cleaned up the room I'm crashing in. I... am... beat. But it's a good thing.

The Vitamin D must have gone up to normal levels. Plus I haven't had a drink. And it was 65 and sunny all day. That helps a lot for me.

I came upon a wetland with geese and ducks in the woods. I could hear frogs from a distance away and thought,' really, all these frogs right now???' Well, I approached a large shallow body of water and the frogs were deafening. There must have been a thousand of them. I just sat there and listened to it. Unbelievable. Sober and present for that amazing moment in the woods. Just great. ZERO desire to drink today. What a difference in what I can get done and experience.

The season finally of Walking Dead is tonight and even though I'm weary of the show, it's an hour and half escape before bed. Snacks are at the ready.

-V
Old 04-02-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Viper - that sounds like a bad ass day!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Viper, sounds so awesome! I won't drink tonight as a tribute to your awesome day! Sober nighty night all!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Meow

That's awesome, Viper. The frogs are singing around here. They always make me happy - spring and rebirth and all that.

I had a good day. Finally got rid of that stupid bottle of wine in my fridge. Sent it home to its owner, untouched by me.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Sober Day # 57

Had a few cravings this eve for the first time in awhile.
I was angry about something
and I thought how I would like to just sink into oblivion with alcohol, and escape.
I even started having thoughts of how I could just have a few glasses------couldn't seem to remember how bad it had gotten.

Told myself that it was just my AV talking, but I wasn't completely convinced.
This is a tricky phenomenon-----you go along feeling strong, and all of a sudden the AV sneaks in so slyly, and it's not even recognizable as the AV.

I stood strong, didn't drink. But I think I need to spend some more time on the RR site for a refresher course. I also really want to get to the Day 60 milestone, so that helped.

Disonant, I'm still praying that you find your dog soon .
Old 04-03-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Dis, I am keeping you and your dog in my prayers. I'm so glad you aren't drinking over it!
I had a nice weekend, the weather has been so beautiful. I took a group of elderly folks from the community where I work to the Botanical Gardens for a concert. It was so fun!
I'm getting ready to go and see my dad. Leaving early Thursday and not home until Sunday. He drinks beer and is a grouchy, miserable person and often mean. I'm concerned about it. I'm going to need a good plan. I need to stop dreading it though, or my whole week will be shot.
I hope you all have a great day, I plan to!
Old 04-03-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Any dog updates?

I woke up with no hangover this morning and I promise I will do it again tomorrow.

I have a plan to stay away from where I would buy it, now I need healthy alternatives. Should I walk/jog for 30 minutes or meditate? I want to try that.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Ax,

You have been posting about starting exercise for several weeks, what's keeping you from actually doing it? It certainly helps me.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Viper your nature experience sounds like a great day. It reminds me to stay the course and find some of those things for myself. Thanks for sharing.
PC congrats on returning the wine. I have some friends leftovers in my fridge as well and know exactly what you went through. I am willing to wait as you did as long as I feel no temptation. If it turns into a magnet that crap is gone!!
Daucuscarota excellent job staying strong, sticking to your plan and revisiting the basics. It's a good reminder for us.
Sober I hope your trip goes well. It sounds like you have a plan in place and who knows maybe you will find a positive result for yourself with drinking off the table so to speak. Wishing you well
Axe I say try them both and chose which one works best for you. Personally I have been walking as often as I have time for. I will sneak in very brief meditation for pockets of stress relief in a day but I have never tried meditation in a truly deliberate manner. If you decide to give it a whirl let me know how you feel.
I had a very productive weekend around the house. Got some floors and trim done along with some spring storage cleaning. One more small room for flooring and that project is done. I am way to fat and old for all this flooring work (at least that's how I feel this morning!!)
Have a great week everyone especially Dis! Lots for prayers and support coming your way