Blogs

Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Purple - I did see that. And yes, a very good reminder. I hope he is able to get some help.

I am giving melatonin a try tonight. Can't deal with another night of no sleep. Other than that. A pretty good day.

I hope everyone had a great sober day. Kudos to everyone for staying with it. It can be done!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badger257 For This Useful Post:
canguy (04-05-2017), Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), Dee74 (04-04-2017), PhoenixJ (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Screw up.
What's going on Viper?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badger257 For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), Dee74 (04-04-2017), PhoenixJ (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad for your record Dis - still hope you get good news on the dog.

D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-04-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Dis....good to read of your record. Congratulations. Not good about your dog. What is his(?) name?

I'm back from tha smoke. It was great....and sober. There was a moment, a couple of them...hot, tired..stress part over. But didn't and got home fine. A small test.

Later (yawning)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to canguy For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-05-2017), PurpleCat (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Sober Day # 60!!!!!!!!

Wow I can't believe it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daucuscarota For This Useful Post:
canguy (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-05-2017), rascalwhiteoak (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Meow

Congrats, Dau!!

Badger, the bad sleep in the early weeks is so frustrating. My problem now is that I sleep great, but I don't fall asleep until past midnight. I'm yawning this morning! Up earlier than usual because I want to go skating before work.

Viper - is everything ok?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleCat For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Day 50

Hi all I have been in recovery before but this time I went to rehab for proper help as I was addicted to prescription pills and alcohol. I am 50 days sober today and struggling with my weight cause I had bulimia in the past and put on 7 kg in rehab. Now I quit smoking, drinking and pills I can't help but eat and it's really getting to me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Youngaddictionwarrior For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-05-2017), PurpleCat (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days Kahlia01 and welcome
Daucuscarota congrats on 60 days!!!!
Canguy good to here you had a successful trip
Viper what's going on???
PC I read that thread after you mentioned it. Heartbreaking and full of learning. I don't venture far from our class mostly because of time constraints so I really appreciate the reference.
I have always slept very hard but have hell falling asleep and I am normally totally screwed if I wake up in the middle of the night. I have been taking benadryl for allergy and sleep help for a while now. Yesterday I had a large iced tea around 130 and I think it helped me stay awake later than I want. After morning coffee I just have to stay away from caffeine. On a positive note I have noticed that my days with enough energy to be active are starting to outweigh the days where I got nothing. I was frustrated for a while that the energy rise wasn't happening fast enough but the improvement is starting to be noticeable that drives me to keep it going. Last night was borderline but I avoided the recliner and got a couple of things out of the way before I relaxed a bit. Anyways Happy Hump day everyone whether you are starting it or finishing it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nexttime For This Useful Post:
canguy (04-05-2017), Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Viper, I hope you are ok!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RetiredGuy For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

Day 60 here and a strange kind of day...

Decided to get my bloods done a few weeks back for peace of mind and all came back clear today. I should be whooping about it but honestly, it caused more confusion and frustration then anything because I feel pretty awful daily.

I was secretly hoping the bloods would have something explaining it, even at a blood sugar level but getting the all clear means I have no clarity in why I feel so exhausted, shakey and dizzy all the time.

Apologies if I'm coming across as self centred as I've hardly had a chance to come on here and support you all but after I'd say a relatively ok few months after week 1 from hell I just feel flat and confused.

Not expecting any answers but if anyone is in the same boat I'd love to hear their story and what worked for them.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

GB.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgeBailey For This Useful Post:
canguy (04-05-2017), Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), PhoenixJ (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GeorgeBailey View Post
Hi Everyone

Day 60 here and a strange kind of day...

Decided to get my bloods done a few weeks back for peace of mind and all came back clear today. I should be whooping about it but honestly, it caused more confusion and frustration then anything because I feel pretty awful daily.

I was secretly hoping the bloods would have something explaining it, even at a blood sugar level but getting the all clear means I have no clarity in why I feel so exhausted, shakey and dizzy all the time.

Apologies if I'm coming across as self centred as I've hardly had a chance to come on here and support you all but after I'd say a relatively ok few months after week 1 from hell I just feel flat and confused.

Not expecting any answers but if anyone is in the same boat I'd love to hear their story and what worked for them.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

GB.
George,
Have you done anything beyond stopping alcohol? I ask simply as a discussion starter nothing more nothing less. I have slowly been improving what I eat and being more active with walks and chores around the house etc and am noticing a slow improvement in energy levels. Up until recently I would have days of tremendous energy followed by days of bleh. The energy is starting to balance out for me and is becoming much less of a roller coaster. I also have noticed a huge difference in how food effects me. The days I stick to my eating plan I feel much better. Days I cheat and eat the crap I used to eat regularly (double cheeseburger huge fries monster burritos etc etc) I feel like s***. When I was drinking I think most of the crappy feelings were written off as hangover or drinking related. What I am starting to realize is the bad eating habits are more involved in my lack of energy and overall feeling like crap than I ever realized. Eating food and beverage that is good for you makes you feel better than eating food that is bad for you does. WHO KNEW
Anyway that is my experience thus far fifty some odd days into this life change
The Following User Says Thank You to nexttime For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I agree with Nextime. I am noticing that I am more conscious of healthy eating now that I am not drinking and I am finally starting to slowly (very slowly) lose weight. I am now drinking sparkling water instead of boatloads of Diet Coke and that seems to be helping as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi George,
Looks like you & have the same quit date. I feel pretty good most of the time. I take a multivitamin every day. Drinking over time causes us to be deficient in some vitamins.
I also sleep like a rock and I am sure that helps. Are you sleeping? If not, there are lots of natural things you can take for that.
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I'm ok but I'm not happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viperidae For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Viper - I slipped too. Let's get back on the wagon together, right now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axeman5971 For This Useful Post:
Daucuscarota (04-05-2017), Viperidae (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Day 43

Doing okay.... still sober. Work is getting really slow, and there is talk of it lasting a couple months. Which I think it's great, but it will be hard for some of the other people working here. Everyone's kind of glum.

I agree with nexttime about that, really spot on. I've also begun to notice that when I cheat on eating healthy, I feel pretty lousy the next day. Compared to when I eat healthy. Which, I also have been more concerned with my diet. I'm not trying to lose weight, I just want to feel better. It makes a difference in energy level, mood, and ability to sleep well for me.

Hope everyone's hanging on there. Talk to you tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Disonant For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=canguy;6397490]Dis....good to read of your record. Congratulations. Not good about your dog. What is his(?) name?

His name is Willie Jones, he's a lab/pit bull mix, tons of positive energy, he's a chewer, and loves mud puddles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disonant For This Useful Post:
canguy (04-05-2017), Daucuscarota (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Happy HumpDay Classmates-

Kalhia - Congrats on the 50 days and welcome to the class! Look forward to getting to know you.
Can - Sounds like you had a good trip, and were able to push through. That is definitely positive re-enforcement that it can be done. Kudos.
Viper and Axe - Slips are prone to happen to us all. Just learn from it, move on, and be kind to yourselves. Stay with us. "it takes a village to raise someone"... and this is a great village!
George- That's great that your blood work came back so well. I am not sure about the other stuff, but I think I have mentioned before that I too suffer from Vertigo (well, actually mal de debarqment syndrome, stupid name). Any way, it is a constant feeling of being on a rocking boat. Some days are better than others, but it is always present. Some virus in my ear about 15 years ago caused it. I sympathize with you and hope they can get it figured out for you.
Retired - Sparkling water seems to be a theme around SR, I think I might have to give it a go.
Dis - Still trying to stay positive about Willie Jones. What a great name! Hang in there and I'm inspired that you have been able to stay sober throughout. thank you.
Dau - on 60 days.

The melatonin was helpful a bit. It helped me fall asleep, but didn't stay there long. I wake up and am STARVING! and then can't get back to sleep. This is kind of my M.O. after a binge, so I know I just need to ride it out. I'll take tired over hungover and tired any day.

If I missed anyone, kudos on milestones. Hope everyone has a great sober day!
The Following User Says Thank You to badger257 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies, what a lovely bunch

All the things you are saying make complete sense. I actually ate really healthily whilst I was drinking and always exercised every day (apart from the big hangovers). Strange as it sounds my diet was actually better as I was always balancing the booze calories.

Since I stopped I've been junk food and sugar craving and I do feel hyper sensitive with food. Exhaustion is probably caused by my stress and anxiety coming to the surface even more now it's not masked with alcohol.

Diet changes it is and if nothing changes another visit to the docs.

another little step in the journey I guess .....

GB
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeBailey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

For sleep, I get this drink called "Neuro Sleep" from Amazon. I'd encourage anyone to try it.
The Following User Says Thank You to axeman5971 For This Useful Post: