Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 03-31-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Viper - great work on the finance front!

Can - glad you made it through a not so great day. I think getting through those are where the sober muscles are made

Just an ok day for me...nausea finally wore off, so was able to eat...now on to the getting some sleep challenge. Hope everyone is hanging in there, and enjoy the sober weekend!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Dau- not sure what it was, but can tell the excitement in your post abot the happy event in your family. That is awesome!!! And congrats on 55 days!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
Dau- not sure what it was, but can tell the excitement in your post abot the happy event in your family. That is awesome!!! And congrats on 55 days!
Thanks badger. Stand strong, and you will be at day 55 before you know it!
Old 04-01-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Day 58! I haven't checked in for a while, but happy and proud to say that I'm still sober. Everything in my life continues to improve...my relationships with my s/o, with my daughter, with my family and friends. I'm so much more productive at work, which I'm sure my colleagues appreciate and I've been exercising and dieting, resulting in a 10 lb weight loss. Don't get me wrong, cravings come, but as soon as I remember waking up in the morning after a day/night of drinking, it disappears. I'm glad to see so many people doing well and for those struggling, keep at it!
I do have a couple of events within the next few months that I am a bit nervous about-a wedding and a concert of my absolute favorite band (my brother gave us tickets for our 40th birthdays). I'll definitely have to form a concrete plan before both.
Have a great sober weekend everyone!!
Old 04-01-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

awesome RTDT
Old 04-01-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

The ups and downs of life continue but thankfully sobriety continues to be king. Busy day planned working on the house. Looking forward to it. Have a good weekend everyone. I read a lot of positive stuff this morning Keep it up class!!
Old 04-01-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

Hope you are all having a good and Sober weekend.

Disonant,
I have been thinking about this:
About the day counting thing.... I count days because I read somewhere that the 30 day, 60 day, 90 day sober milestones are pretty significant. Not just mentally getting over hurdles, but brain chemistry and physical dependance issues. I'm not a professional, or doctor so don't quote me on this. There is a reason most inpatient treatment programs are 90 days. Medical, science type reasons, that I'm not well schooled on, so I'm counting to 90, then after that I'm not going to worry about it.
I am definitely going to keep counting until day 90. Maybe after that I will start just counting the months. Right now, it is a reward every morning to add a day to the count, and the more the days add up, the more I think "look how far you have come, you can't blow this over a craving." But I understand that if I have the identity now that "I am not a drinker", there should not be any need to count.
Thanks Dee for letting us know that we can be successful either way.

Haven't had too many cravings, and when I do I substitute with a dessert. I think we all just like to have something to look forward to----so chocolate cake (low carb version) works too.
I have only lost 10 lbs since quitting. I am medium weight, but would like to lose a few more lbs. Hope to start a new gym routine today.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Day 39

It's a very bad day for me. Let my dog out this morning and sat down with some coffee. About 20 minutes go by and I'm wondering why the dog hadn't barked or scratched on the door. Looked outside and the leash was broke. Started looking around, and I swear to God I heard my dog yelp out in the distance. I've been driving around my neighborhood for the past 4 hours and nothing. Went to the pound and he wasn't there either. He's probably got about 10 feet of leash hanging off his collar, judging from where it broke from. I'm very distraught.
I'll try the pound again before they close. I'm telling you, when I was there earlier, it was the saddest place I've ever been to.
If I end up drinking, today is going to be the day. Every little noise I hear, I run outside looking around and nothing.
On a wierd side note, I've received a bible in the mail today with my name engraved on it....
Old 04-01-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Dis- drinking won't help to find him, so just take that off the table. Does he have dog tags? When my old dog ran away a couple of times without his collar, he always ended up at the police station. Have you tried there?
Old 04-01-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I hope you find your dog, Disonant! I know you must be sick with worry. Let us know when you find him! Please don't drink, though. You need your wits about you more than ever right now. Big hugs to you!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Dis......you can't drive around looking for your dog if you've been drinking.
You will find him. All the best...

Congratulations on 58 Ready.....that's great.

I count days....keep a daily journal, if I want to drink I write it down first. Have decided I'll count to 90 then go to weeks.

Thanks for the support yesterday. Saturday is the hardest day of the week in many ways. When I was married it was 'our' day'......and beer oclock rolled around late afternoon, the evenings were about cooking.....all very domestic The Saturdays are very different now and the contrast is still hard sometimes.
The day starts busy then gradually gets quieter.....afternoon rolls around and its the moment that the AV starts up. Tho the voice seems more distant this time.

How's your weekend going Axe?

Later....
Old 04-01-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Dis,

Sorry to hear about your dog and certainly hope he shows back up!

Being a former dog owner I understand your distress. But as a smart person once said (Dee, I believe) there is never a good reason to start drinking.

It is a beautiful day in the sunny South. I attended a fly-fishing clinic this morning and had a 17 mile bike ride with the wife this afternoon. It is now "Happy Hour", time for some raspberry flavored seltzer water!

I am really pleased how it seems I am missing drinking less and less as the days go by, but being a realist, am sure I will still be tested many more times!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
Old 04-01-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't drink disonant - it won;t help you find your dog and it *will* make you feel worse about the whole thing.

I hope you find him soon

D
Old 04-01-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Dis,
You and your dog will be in my thoughts and prayers that you find him soon. I have 2 dogs and know how you feel.

Maybe this will help:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-drinking.html
It's about a member here who lost her dog but the story had a happy ending You might get some good ideas from the thread (putting up signs, etc.)
Old 04-01-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Dis- drinking will not help your dog. Or you. Support to you. Please do not drink.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Dis, I can imagine your distress. I'll put him in my prayers when I go to sleep. Drinking ain't going to help anything. But we are always here for you.

I'm cheating big time. I bought 6 cookies at Whole Foods (Pecan Susan's, Chocolate Macaroons, Strawberry Sandwich Cookies).
MIt was very tough to get through the 3pm to 5pm window of cravings that day. I made it home though.

Ok. I'm pigging out and watching HBO on a Saturday night. Goodnight everyone!!

V
Old 04-01-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Viper- pecan susans!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Meow

Dis, I so hope you find your pup. Our beagle went off after a deer a couple of years ago. He came home four days later, no collar and smelling like a pig (literally). Those were four awful days wondering where he was.

Badger, axe - doing ok?

We went to a murder mystery dinner at the American Legion tonight. It was a riot. I brought my own drink - raspberry-lime Ice Mountain sparkling water.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
HFA

just checking in. Things are things. Work is work , and life is not to bad.
Glad those of us struggling are still coming back, and those of us doing well are keeping well.

stay strong and sober on.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Purple - doing well. Typical day 3 for me. Ate everything in my house.