Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 4

Old 04-03-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
Rainy Monday here in the Midwest. I have reached the I can't sleep phase again. I think I might have gotten an hour at most last night. Oh, well, rather be tired than hungover I guess.
Just stopping in to see how everyone was doing. Keep the great work everybody.
Sober - we have a botanical garden here as well, and I love it. They have a butterfly exhibit every year, and have thousands of them flying around inside the arboretum. It's impressive to see.
nextime-flooring makes even people that are in shape miserable. One of my least favorite renovation tasks. That and sanding drywall. Not sure which is worse.

Have a great sober day classmates!
Old 04-03-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I just need to do the exercise. I have been exposed as a procrastinators, it's just been more of that.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Day 41

Dog is still missing. Been going to the pound everyday, no luck. Been on the phone with the city animal control, and the county animal control. No luck there.
Went to a meeting last night, people are starting to recognize me and remember my name.... that can't be good. Haha. Talked to a few people about it.
Now I need to have faith, turn it over to a higher power. Things will work out the way it is supposed to. If things don't work out the way I want them to, it's best to remember and be grateful for the time I was able to share with my dog. And to pray that he's in a good place, being taken care of.
But I haven't given up on him yet, I'm going to continue to check the pound. And keep my eyes out for him when I'm out and about.
Well, back to work... talk to you guys later.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Axe - I am headed back to the gym tonight. If I can, you can!
Dis - So sorry the pup hasn't come back yet, but keep positive! Hopefully someone has him, and he is safe.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Morning

Quick check in to see if the Dis dog has returned.......
He'll be back.

Off to get on a plane, quick business trip for the new enterprise.
No drinking in hotel rooms this time tho. ....

Later.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Have a good trip Canguy
Old 04-03-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Disonant, I lost my cat a couple of months ago. It has been heart wrenching. He was a tom cat, very much an outdoorsman, though we did try to keep him in as much as we could. But, he would go missing for a day or two regularly, so I didn't even think of him as really missing for several days. I still miss him. I hope so much you get your dog back. I'm so glad you're not drinking, and are keeping yourself in a good mind space. I am praying for his speedy return!
Axe, don't worry so much about exercising. It is good for you and will help, but the most important thing is a plan to keep sober. Me, I would go with the meditation. But, the drinking was hard on my body and I'm not ready for much in the way of exercise now. Maybe you are.
I am still worrying over my upcoming visit, but not as much. My dad can be so difficult. And, there will be beer. Gotta figure this out ahead of time. I got through the hotel work thing, I can get through this. But, it will take some doing.
I felt like such a heel when I finally called him to tell him I'm coming. He was so glad and grateful. One of the things that bothers me about him is that he is so self-centered. ME< ME< ME!!! But, I realized when I talked to him that I can be the same way! Oh, heck!! I was thinking about how difficult it will be for me, how I need to have my time for myself.
So, I'm glad I'm going and I'm not dreading it as much, but I still need a rock solid plan! Maybe I'll take him to a meeting with me. I'll say, come along to see what I'm up to now, it will be fun. He might go for it.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Axe, they say the best kind of exercise is the kind you'll actually do. I've tried a handful of things over the years, but what I keep coming back to is walking. It's simple, there's a sidewalk in front of my house, and the hound enjoys it.

Took advantage of the weather yesterday to dig and plant in the yard, and enjoyed having the energy to do it. I think that at 40 I should still be able to haul dirt and mulch around the yard without having to stop every few minutes to rest, which was becoming the case before I quit drinking.

Some people want to live to see their kids graduate, I wanna haul mulch.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, dis
Old 04-03-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Meow

(((Dis)))

Rascal- too funny!

Another day in the books. I bought an Instant Pot, which arrived today. It was packed like Russian nesting dolls. The huge Amazon box contained another box which contained another box which finally had the pot in it. After a few glitches, we made hard boiled eggs. It took about ten minutes - six for the thing to warm up and four to cook. Will try one tomorrow and see how it worked.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Sober Day # 58

Again this eve I had cravings. I wonder why I am having them now?
I didn't drink, but I thought about it.
Then remembered the horrible anxiety, and I don't ever want to go back there.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Dis, this situation may be the best example of the importance of belief in the 'higher power'. I just called it The Universe. Watching a soul mate of mine decline in health and working my tail off for her and worrying constantly, both to my own detriment, needed to be turned over to The Universe. That said, I pray to the universe you find the little guy. As nonreligious as I am, there is a lot to be said to handing fate over to fate, giving things over to the higher power. We're just men and women, things are beyond our control.

Next time- Nature is a serious source of relaxation and being present is key to the experience. The last 2 years I've spent the month of December in a beach condo. Alone, on the beach, at night, with the waves crashing over my feet, and sand flowing between my toes, crazy sky above... Its something you just can't feel with the booze. I'd see people day drinking on a beach trail and feel like I wanted to hurl.

Axe - That's exactly right. The best exercise is the exercise you do. I find I'm far more likely to go to my sister's, grab the Labrador and head into her woods to an official marked hiking trail and just power hike. As opposed to going to the gym, which I love IF I get there. I belong to an amazing gym (best showers ever), but it's Downtown in the city and I gotta get there and park my car blah blah.

Ok on with my day. Yesterday was good. I'm getting positive, and feeling better. My OCD is way down.

V
Old 04-04-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.
Dau - Glad you made it through those cravings
Purple - The "Instant Pot" doesn't sound very "instant".

Made my way back to the gym last night. It's amazing how just a month or two off really affects you. I am sure I will be sore tonight, but that kind of pain is a good kind.
No real cravings to speak of, but a quick fleeting moment in my team meeting this morning. My manager said to us that he would be out of the office this afternoon, and for a fleeting second, my brain said, "perfect! You can go to the bar for an extended lunch."(which usually meant, not coming back) What the hell kind of thought process is that? lol. Never surprises me how our brains work though, or we all wouldn't be here.

Hope everyone has a great sober day!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Viper - as a non religious person, I can dig the whole Universe notion. I might borrow that.

Sober - good luck with everything, sounds like you have a plan.

Rascal - if mulch motivates you, that's awesome! I am pro-mulch for you.

Me? I do walk my dogs daily and love the fresh air. It is soooo refreshing when I am not hungover, but it even gives me hope when I am that I can change. I want to start running. That's what I am going to do. Don't need a gym membership for that!
Old 04-04-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
Axe - I am headed back to the gym tonight. If I can, you can!
Dis - So sorry the pup hasn't come back yet, but keep positive! Hopefully someone has him, and he is safe.
That's kind of where my thinking is now, of course I'm still concerned and want my dog back, but if a couple kids found him, and convinced their parents to keep him, I'm ok with that too....
Old 04-04-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Day 42

New sobriety record! Everyday is a new sobriety record for me now. Never would have believed it.

Dog is still missing, honestly I don't have a positive outlook about getting him back.

Starting feeling really bad yesterday, and woke up today in alot of physical pain. Been talking to people about what's going on with me and that's something I would have never done while drinking. It has helped tremendously for me mentally. Still in a depressive state. But I'm ok.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Dis, congrats on your new record!
Old 04-04-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Congrats on your record Did! Keep it rolling
Old 04-04-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Meow

Congrats on the number Dis! So bummed about your dog.

Did anyone see the thread in the regular newcomers section from the wife of a man with jaundice symptoms? So very sad but also a huge gut check.

I had a good day today. I'm glad so many of you are hanging in there, powering through, or otherwise making things work.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Screw up.