Class of December 2016 Part 2

Old 12-31-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
I'm in!

Well.if I ever win the lottery... you can all come and live in the sober castle with me... lots of tea and cake instead! !!
Old 12-31-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to your new home on the Daily Support forum guys

Congratulations on your graduation!

D
Old 12-31-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee.

Had thoughts of going to buy a bottle as soon as my daughter leaves for work, in about an hour. I suppressed the thoughts for now but may be back when she leaves. I am tired, cranky and irritable. Also angry at myself for picking up the first drink after two years of sobriety. Sorry to be a downer on a holiday.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Wishing a Happy 2017 for our SR family! Home and ready to fall asleep....and wake up hangover-free!
Old 12-31-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Stay here with us, Lulu!
Old 12-31-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like i said elsewhere - you don't have to drink LuLu - feed the good wolf

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 12-31-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys, so far I am fighting it. Daughter leaves in about 45 minutes, will stay close.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:41 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Morning gang,

Happy New Year to all! I just about saw the new year in, i had one eye straining itself to keep open. As soon as it hit 12 i was off to sleep!

It feels great to wake up in a new year completely clear headed. Not wondering about what i got up to last night, who i texted and ultimately feeling like a cows ass this morning. I may have spent it alone, but it was one of the most enjoyable New years ive had in a while.

Today is day 28 and im off to visit my family. Some of whom will be very tender from last nights 'festivities' .
Old 01-01-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Happy New Year!

Good Morning! Was in bed early but woke up right before midnight. Got up & hopped on SR & watched the ball drop. (wondered where do all those people go to the bathroom?) Then back to bed & just woke up feeling great! Day 11. Not much planned for today...I'll watch the movies I rented for last night but was too tired to watch. Can't believe it's 2017, I'm feeling a bit OLD.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
And have leprechauns in the garden!!! I lived in Dingle for a while. ... what a lot of pubs!!!
'To be shoor' pubs are one thing we are not short on no matter what town it is. Kerry and Cork are are absolutely gorgeous, I'm more north and the other side.

Lulu distraction - clean house, go for a walk, make yourself something nice to eat for tonight, speak to a friend? Run through HALT? You've done two years, be proud you've learnt from it and have the tools there.

Day 7 and a sober NY accomplished. Slightly harder than expected since the other half was drinking wine and every time I went out for a smoke I could hear parties going on and people emptying bottles into their recycling. Kept plugging on and I'm so glad I didn't give into temptation now.

Now that's me off the smokes since I stupidly took it up again after nerly a year off once I started drinking.

Bring on a sober 2017 worth living for.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Thanks Capricallia, at this point it is the insomnia that will kill me. Still wide awake at 5 A.M.. Laid in bed for two hours and then just got up. Clean house, you're funny. Go for a walk, it's freezing out. I will read if need be. Hoping soon I will finally just crash.

Congrats on making it through the temptations. Here's to a sober 2017.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Ahh it's a beautiful day here lulu. Insomnia's freaking awful, I suffer from it when my anxiety is bad or I'm depressed. Sounds a bit daft but do you have any meditation music? I find it helps ocassionally and even if I don't drift off it helps me relax so I feel like I've got a bit of rest. I hope you manage to catch some zzz today.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

5:30am and feeling GREAT!!!!

We made it!!!!! Congrats to all that saw this through!

Hang in there LULU, I find that a soft drink or coffee or anything in my hand to sip on helps a LOT. Play the tape forward and you know that if you drink you will regret it! And if you are waiting for your daughter to leave the house that sounds like you would be hiding it, you will always be 'found out' eventually and you would surely be guilt-ridden afterwards! Be STRONG!

Here is to a prosperous New Year Ahead!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by capricallia View Post
Ahh it's a beautiful day here lulu. Insomnia's freaking awful, I suffer from it when my anxiety is bad or I'm depressed. Sounds a bit daft but do you have any meditation music? I find it helps ocassionally and even if I don't drift off it helps me relax so I feel like I've got a bit of rest. I hope you manage to catch some zzz today.
Right now I will give anything a try. Thanks for the tip. Heading out to breakfast with the daughter in an hour when she gets off shift. Maybe with a full stomach and being awake for over 24 hours I can crash. Have a great day!
Old 01-01-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
5:30am and feeling GREAT!!!!

We made it!!!!! Congrats to all that saw this through!

Hang in there LULU, I find that a soft drink or coffee or anything in my hand to sip on helps a LOT. Play the tape forward and you know that if you drink you will regret it! And if you are waiting for your daughter to leave the house that sounds like you would be hiding it, you will always be 'found out' eventually and you would surely be guilt-ridden afterwards! Be STRONG!

Here is to a prosperous New Year Ahead!!!!!!
Good advice, I always have water or a Diet Coke in my hand. Hiding it has been the MO for quite awhile. It actually turned out well, I spent an hour and a half on the phone with my daughter talking about her useless, mean boyfriend. It was like old times, I was giving advice and she was listening. Over the last year and half she would often pause and ask "have you been drinking?" Of course I lied and said know but we both knew she knew. She could always tell, she's not stupid. Funny, no one else could tell but she always knew. Felt good not to have to lie.

My garage door opener died last night but happy I was able to open and close manually so car is in the driveway. Also takes the pressure off of getting it fixed on a holiday. Money is tight with Christmas and all.

Off to shower and get ready for breakfast. Have a wonderful day and thanks again.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Bonjour les amis!

Day 31 in progress and the joy of waking up clean on this New Year morning.
Not wondering about what I’ve posted on Facebook last night or what I said to friends over the phone while drunk.
I couldn’t remember anything I did the night before since months.
Couldn’t remember who I talked to and couldn’t even remember what I had for supper…
I had to have a look on the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink to have clue of what I ate.

I’m so ashamed of this but I say to myself : it’s all behind from now on, I can’t change what I did.
But one thing I can change is to work on being sober for today, only for today.
I’m on the 32nd “today” in row and it’s wonderful.
I want more of this joy!

Thanks to all the friends I’ve met in this Class Of December , it helped me a lot.
Have a happy New Year!

Big koala hug to all of you – we CAN make it happen again today!
Old 01-01-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Nice to read you Lulu, you rule!
It must be really hard if you have to deal with insomnia and trying to stay clean.
Your garage door opener died but YOU survived one more 24 hour!
Courage my friend!
Have a good day with your daugther, happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Lulu... have us tried night time rescue remedy. .. the spray has brandy in it but the melts are alcohol.free I think... it helps u drift off and stay asleep... even helped my mum and she had tried everything literally..... it works for me as I seem to be going the same way as my mum, but after a few weeks without booze I sleep better anyway!

Woke up sober, yey, but shivering and aching and coughing and urgh... was gutted! Hoped to feel great and happy. .. but wanted to cry with feeling bad... oh well.... at best I was sober!!! ( was going to say at least but it's at best!!!)

Sofa day in pjs.

On another note my husband just packed up all the beer wine and shot glasses. .. maybe he's serious too this time!
Old 01-01-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Lulu13, I think you did so well just by coming here to say you had an urge to drink. Lord, in my past I'd get an urge and wouldn't reach to anyone because I didn't WANT to be talked out it. So I basically didn't even try to stop myself.

You did good.

I have in front of me 8 New Year's resolutions from last year that I typed out and printed. I followed through on exactly NONE of them. Well, maybe I did manage to average reading one book a month. I'm not sure. But I didn't take an art class, didn't take a yoga class, didn't lose 30 pounds, didn't travel out of state, didn't journal every day or take any kind of class to improve my professional marketability, and observed only a few Meatless Mondays before that went down the crapper too. And of course the main reason I didn't follow through on them is, I'm sure, drinking. It may not always be the only reason, but it's always the biggest reason, isn't it?

I haven't written out any resolutions yet for this year. I want to do all the same things, plus maybe I should actually add "FOLLOW YOUR RECOVERY PLAN" this year, ya think?

Yesterday I spent four hours at our local soup kitchen helping to serve meals to those less fortunate (financially, anyway) than myself. Met some nice new people and gave back to my community. I'll be going back.

So today will be 20 sober days for me.

Lulu, hope you can get some well-deserved rest. Enfin, hope you feel better, but at least you aren't sick AND hung over. You're doing great even if it doesn't feel like it. Glad it sounds like your husband's on board with getting sober as well. That's great.

Koala, you're right -- all that booze-induced garbage is now in the rearview. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Hugs and thanks to all the rest of you as well. Here's to sobriety and better times and to better "us"-es in 2017!