Class of December 2016 Part 2

Old 01-05-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

What is your craft project Enfin?
Old 01-05-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hi everybody,

Day 35 in progress.
Still using "days", the term month seems too serious for me.

I'm like you BBB, I need to be very careful around milestones.
I'm a bit depressed these days with no big milestone to celebrate.

I'm back to work and it's very hard when the work day is over.
That was the signal for the "happy hour" (of destroying myself)
I have to find new gratifications.
Having a can of Pepsi is one of them so far

I have to seriously change my routine I know but it's easier said than done, I'm a zombie when I come back home at night.
At least, I didn't have a drink so far!

Happy to read you my friends.
We can make it.

Big koala hug to all of you
Old 01-05-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Koala777 View Post
Hi everybody,

Day 35 in progress.
Still using "days", the term month seems too serious for me.

I'm like you BBB, I need to be very careful around milestones.
I'm a bit depressed these days with no big milestone to celebrate.

Big koala hug to all of you
Can you celebrate a 5 week milestone? Great job!!!
Old 01-05-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Every moment can be celebrated!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Koalla777 - I hear you about being back at work. The holidays were almost a dry run I now realize. It's a lot easier to not drink when there is no stress. It will be good to get a couple weeks of work behind us...new habits take time.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Koala - I know the feeling of being back at work. Its totally doable though. Like you, I'm also enjoying my fizzy drinks. I have a fridge full of various sodas. I find its a huge help to grab one of those out the fridge when I get home from work P.s congrats on 5 weeks!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
What is your craft project Enfin?
Hehe. .well.i bought a big metal heart and a 100 light wire fairy lights and am going to make my daughter an illuminated heat shaped bead head light with places for photos/notes and momentos! Silly really. .. and not particularly crafty... but i think shes going to love it!!!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Agree about work. .. still digesting how not made me feel... complicated and about a million emotions... bit confused! !! But sober!!!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

I'm forgetting what day i'm on (32 i think...), I might just start counting months now!

I've treated myself today. In my plan to get 'fit' again, i've purchased myself a shiny new mountain bike. I used to love it back when I wasn't drinking but sold my bike ages ago. Now seems like a perfect time to get back involved. I've missed the adrenalin from it too. Golf just isn't the same! Its almost paid for itself solely from the money i've saved from buying beer and drunk food!
Old 01-05-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post
I'm forgetting what day i'm on (32 i think...), I might just start counting months now!

I've treated myself today. In my plan to get 'fit' again, i've purchased myself a shiny new mountain bike. I used to love it back when I wasn't drinking but sold my bike ages ago. Now seems like a perfect time to get back involved. I've missed the adrenalin from it too. Golf just isn't the same! Its almost paid for itself solely from the money i've saved from buying beer and drunk food!
Now you are speaking my language! I love mountain biking more than anything. You will be pleasantly surprised at how good the newer stuff is. It is a great way to get in shape and for me it is the only time I am ever really able to just clear my mind completely. All you have to think about is the trail in front of you. Let me know how your first rides go.

Day 14 here been tough so far today. I am really hung up on my last relapse as things were going so well for me. I keep beating myself up for taking that first drink. I got medical bills coming in adding to the stress. I have no desire to drink I'm just feeling down over the relapse. Going to meet with my sponsor again today and started working the steps in AA. The best part of my day is working the program and getting out of the house. I know it will pass I just wish I could turn back the clock and stop myself. Gonna keep pushing forward again today. Who knew one bag of IV fluid was $750 dollars
Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Work; I've been at my place for 10 years through some really hard times, and we are like a small band of battle weary soldiers fighting on through adversity and leaning on each other, helping each other through the work **** and the home **** which leaks into the workplace coz sometimes u just can't keep it out. ... BUT we bond through drinking... they all talk about when, how much, how bad they felt after etc... we shared a love of beer, of pubs, of outrageous behaviour...... they never seem to have a dark side or a problem, I am the only one who has ever tried to quit.... they know about the one time I did and were mystified.

So my turbulent thoughts are will I loose that bond with them.... it felt like a link to closeness with them, I'm just being honest as that's how it feels...it feels like I'm leaving them! I can't work elsewhere or move rooms , they aren't leaving anytime soon... so this readjustment makes me feel uncomfortable and unsure... I will miss that with them, even though we only went out a few times a year, we colluded and laughed so much!

Work is so much of my time, effort and energy... they keep me alive there and I have got to figure out how to be sober and still keep them close?!?!?.

My best friend at work is just setting up a micro brewery on the side and growing her own organic hops... beer everywhere!!!! She's so excited. ... urgh. ...

I must think this one out and keep at it so I don't just give in. This time I don't want to give in......sorry for the long post but needed to talk.it through with u guys! Not keeping it in this time, got to say it so its real and I gain strength not loose it!

Cheers x
Old 01-05-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Hello enfinthechange,

This is a difficult situation you have to deal with. Oh boy!
I wonder what the other december classmates will say (?)

I think you have to think at yourself first
If you were a diabetic hanging with people loving to eat chocolate cakes and sugar pies, what would you do?
They would still be your friends but there's no way you could eat these desserts since they would make you very sick.
...I know my exemple is not very good
Damm..I'm french and it's a pain trying to write subtile things in english

I hope you'll stay strong and focus on your own well being.
You can make it, courage!

Big koala hug
Old 01-05-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your english is great Koala

D
Old 01-05-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to let you know I'm still here..on day 20?
Still having urges to drink but keeping busy.

Welcome to everyone who stopped drinking in December

Efin, I get what you are feeling with the work crowd. I had a similar situation when I initially got sober 12 years ago. We went out often and drank. I think I just stopped going and focused on time with my family. I knew I couldn't continue the way it was. We remained friends still. I hope you can figure it out. It's a hard balance.

Sober evening to everyone xo
Old 01-05-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Haven't been on this thread much lately, sorry! Still hanging in there, finishing up Day 33 I think. Tonight is my Friday night but in bed at 9:48pm. Overtime day on Saturday, then back to my normal 4 day work week on Monday. Have lots of projects keeping me busy and drinking way too much Root Beer but it works for me!

Hang in there everyone! Some days are better than others but it's very nice to awake every morning knowing you made it another day!
Old 01-06-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Koala777 View Post
Hello enfinthechange,

This is a difficult situation you have to deal with. Oh boy!
I wonder what the other december classmates will say (?)

I think you have to think at yourself first
If you were a diabetic hanging with people loving to eat chocolate cakes and sugar pies, what would you do?
They would still be your friends but there's no way you could eat these desserts since they would make you very sick.
...I know my exemple is not very good
Damm..I'm french and it's a pain trying to write subtile things in english

I hope you'll stay strong and focus on your own well being.
You can make it, courage!

Big koala hug
Your English is amazing! !! I get exactly what u mean about the diabetic angle....it's a great way of.looking at it. ..thanks!!!
Old 01-06-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

So a Koala with a French accent living in Canada. That would confuse anyone. I think your words sound fine, K- although I do know Koala's have poor survival skills in arctic weather.

Enfin- who cares what people call art or craft or whatever? You are doing something creative for your daughter. I think that is great.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Et maintenant j'essaie d'escrire un post en francaise pour Mon ami Koala! Ma francaise et tres mal quand je vous ecrise, Je parle francaise un petit peux mieux! J'espere que tu passe un bon journee aujourd'hui. ... bisous x
Old 01-06-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can I ask we post in English on the boards please?
It's one of the rules - makes my job easier too

(I know you were just being friendly enfin)

D
Old 01-06-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Day 36 in progress or should I say 1 month and a week!
Anyway, so far so good!

Funny to read your post Enfin, it's really well written, almost no misspellings! You've learned to speak french at school or having a french friend?
I knew we couldn't use any other languages than english, when I read the rules (yep, I read them!)
It seems to be very hot in Australia Phoenix, hope you keep an icy (non alcoholic) drink not too far
You're off today Quitter?
..and working on Saturday, it's a bit a bummer no?
Still not drinking, nice!!!

Happy to read you Lovehoops!
You're still sober, that's cool!!!
Five purple stars for you! ☆☆☆☆☆

Hello to BBB if you pass by!

Last day at work for me! I made it and stayed sober this week!
The cravings are a lot easier as the week goes by, I try to do a different routine every day when I come back.
I had snow to shovel on Wednesday and I stopped to buy somme KFC on my way back home yesterday.
I love KFC...I know it's bad but it's way better than the usual destruction I was doing to my body via vodka a month ago.

Have a good day everybody - big koala hug