Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 2

Old 12-29-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

It's 12 so technically day 4 lol yay
Old 12-29-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi! I am now at home and its mid-afternoon. Usually I would start drinking and carry on till bedtime. Grr, need to fight it. Just a more hours. That's why I am glad I joined the 24 hr thread. It's just 24 hours, or for me 7 hours till I go to bed and Day 2 ends. Dig deep..... Going to have a hot chocolate.

5 mins later: Had my Hot Choc. Now to put on some loud music and do some housework to distract myself and because it needs doing.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Do you have Milo?
Old 12-29-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

No, I bought hot chocolate mixes a few weeks ago when I was trying to sober up then. Am having one now. Thanks PhoenixJ!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Okay, I don't want to monopolize the group but swore I would be honest and more open this time. The worst thing that happened this year is my job let me go the end of January. It was a huge trigger, not to brag, but I was very good at my job. I'm an account manager and had never lost a client in the 2 plus years I had been there, several of my clients actually left the agency to follow me. February was a huge drinking month and on a weekend my daughter was out of town I went on a huge binge. Sunday night I fell and cracked my head open on the corner of an armoire. Once I could finally get up I thought it would be smart to take a shower? After the shower I just laid down in bed. Thankfully, my daughter came home an hour or so later, she said there was so much blood in the living room she thought one of the dogs killed a cat. She came into my room and I couldn't even speak. I feel so badly she had to experience that...she called an ambulance and I ended up with a whole lot of stitches to my head. Then we pulled in the driveway from the hospital I had a very short, like two second seizure, so she called the paramedics again. Think that would have been enough but no. I had a job interview that week and did it with stitches sticking out of my hair. Honestly I don't even remember the first interview, not because I was drunk but I was just out of it. Must have done okay because I got the job.

Oh, I did get some satisfaction over losing my job. My boss was a pompous ass and he said he found someone too good to pass up. He was paying her $20,000 more per year. Well, she lasted 8 weeks and walked out without saying a word. She texted him and said she couldn't handle it. I put in a lot of hours and am fairly efficient, it was a huge volume of work. A little sweet revenge
Old 12-29-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're ok and back working at your recovery LuLu, Congrats on the job too!

D
Old 12-29-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
OX

Wow lulu. Glad you're still with us! Thanks for sharing
Old 12-29-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Bigshoe, very thankful it happened right before my daughter got home. Had it been Friday or Saturday who knows? Thanks or the congrats on the job, also thankful I wasn't out of work long.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Old 12-30-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Oh and it's day 27 sonce the last slip...been trying to keep track, but will always consoder 12/30 as the day I truly decided to stop drinking.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:33 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I am back at day 1. I will find the September class thread and let my classmates know.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank Martin but I'm glad you're back, welcome to the thread

D
Old 12-30-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 12-30-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post

Ugh, that stinks only 11:32 here. I have been reading for the last hour hoping it would make me sleepy but no luck. The nights are so long. Worrying won't help, once you have yourself straight go to the doctor and be honest. I guarantee you will live longer not drinking.
Thanks lulu... we all in the same boats, of the same floatilla on the same river going in the same direction. .. lets not capsize!!!or the waterfall that is inevitably on the rivers course will.plunge us over the edge... maybe to oblivion! Be strong
Old 12-30-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Just reading posts and letting everyone know I am still with ya!♡CR
Old 12-30-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Welcome LuLu, ph7 and Martin.

That's very scary Lulu, so lucky your daughter called round. Big congrats on the job.

Day 5 check in, if I make it through today this will be the longest stretch of days in three months as I was 'moderating' Oh how we fool ourselves.

Apologies in advance for bringing thread down but I was sitting with my coffee thinking this morning it was exactly two years ago I visited my aunt in the liver ward who was admitted because of her drinking. I remember being shocked at how she looked; yellow and so thin, stomach bloated, barely able to talk or move, in pain. She died of liver failure a few days later, she was only 12 years older than me.

I know for a fact if she were here now she'd be telling me to keep going and not waste this opportunity. Not to put my own kids through what hers did. I have to remember this reality and the consequences of it that not only effect me but everyone around me. The whole family was so sad and some angry almost that she didn't ask for help. That's what I'm also thinking over today, maybe I need support and to be accountable to some close members of my family rather than doing it all myself?

Anyway sorry for long and depressing post.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Morning all,

Nice to see this thread busy again, struggling to keep up now! Welcome Lulu, ph7 and Martin .

Day 26 (I had to work that one out) here. I'm working from home again, so it's another chilled one. Got some good music on in the background and plenty of coffee, in case i'm actually required to do anything whilst im 'working'!

As mentioned on the weekender thread, I woke up in a real funk this morning, but i'm starting to feel better now. Just one of the usual ups and downs of life. Learning that I don't always have to act on feeling down, and suppress it by having a drink has helped a lot.

CuteNGay - How are you doing buddy?
Old 12-30-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Martin- keep going to the Sept guys- you are part of a bigger family now. We all help- that is the point, is it not?
Old 12-30-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Bonjour les amis!

Day 29 in progress for me.
I feel the pink cloud I was on since day 1 is slowly fading and it's very hard to deal with.
I have to learn to be sober in the way I live, not only with alcohol.
Sometimes, I don't know how to deal with that new energy I found when I've stop drinking.
I'm like that rabbit with 12 batteries instead of the dying 1½ I had left.

But I know : "First thing first" !
I won't drink today, I'll focus on that for now.

Capricallia, bravo for that fifth day!
It was not a depressing post, it gave me strenght to continue.

BBB, I notice we're so close in time.
I remember you were one of the first poster I read when I arrived on December 13th. You had 10 days and you're still doing good!
Keep going on!

Have a good day - big koala hug to all of you!
Old 12-30-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Koala- technically, should that not be a big Moose hug? Koalas don't hug much. They are heavy, pee on you and are more concerned with eating and sleeping.