Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 2

Old 12-26-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I forgot to join! Day 5 - waiting for AAA to jump my car - left it sitting in driveway for some time...dead battery. Not going anywhere, just need to get it going!
Old 12-26-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post

Have you thought about what went wrong and how going forward you can be more successful? Can we do something else to help? Please stick around and let us know how you're doing.
Thank you SoSober. I am pretty ashamed to write about it. I had almost two weeks and I feel like I was so anxious about Christmas at my Aunts (where I knew everyone was drinking) I just didn't stand a chance. I was going to completely skip and pretend to be sick, but then everyone kept texting me to come over, blah blah.

By 8pm I was blacked out and my cousins were trying to drive me home. I stormed off angry and drove myself home putting other lives in danger. I feel so guilty today for what could've happened.

I see I made a few mistakes now, not going to AA for over a week, not working out so I felt healthy mentally, not talking to people and feeling isolated (self-pity parties).

I just feel like such a freak in my family. They make comments when I just want to drink water, but then when I do drink alcohol and inevitably go overboard they treat me like a child. Like can't they just see that I am not a normal drinker?
Old 12-26-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day one again. I was on the August class but fell off the wagon. Usual story of believing I can now moderate. Yeah, that doesn't work.

Was also a drunken arse yesterday, fell out with a family member at one point although we made up fairly quickly. Went home and sat up to 4am polishing off another two bottles of wine. Scary that I didn't even feel particularly drunk. Today I have had the absolute horrors, horrible anxiety that I get after I've drank a lot. Panicking about my health while trying to keep it together for the kids.

I need to do this. End it before it finishes me off, which it will do eventually I have no doubt for although I'm not a daily drinker I binge badly several times a week. Sick of blacking out and not remembering what I've said or done the night before but trying to pretend that I do know. Being disgusted with myself as I leave out the recycling every week.

So here I am again, nice to see a few names that I recognise and hope everyone is keeping well and hada better than me Christmas.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I am really late getting on here posting the day after XMAS. Big gathering at our home last night that went well. No alcohol but we have never had that at our holiday gatherings anyway. A few granddaughters were here late awaiting there parents and we watched movies until after midnight! Grandpa is wore out!

Day 23 and have never felt better! Welcome to the new folks and the ones starting over. There is strength and support to be found on this forum if you seek it out!
Back to work tomorrow then another 4 day weekend. It's a terrible existence I tell you!!!! (Kidding)
Old 12-26-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

New here, Day 12 no alcohol for me. I'm am so relieved Christmas is over. New Year's doesn't hold the same temptation for me at all, so it feels like back to regular day to day.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hello, everyone. Late posting here because the weather today was warm for Dec. and I got busy. Day 23 for me, too! Love it!!
Old 12-26-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Welcome ray jay...glad you are here.

Welcome back capricallia....I remember you from August as well. I too, am back but held it together for Christmas..glad to see you here xo

Keep posting sulfuric splash....we are all in this together.

I'm on day 10 and feeling pretty good

Stay sober xoxo
Old 12-26-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Day 3, despite being around drinking family members. Finding Perrier helps. Lots and lots of Perrier.

Today I feel smart. I like that feeling. Went snowboarding, out to eat with family, helped someone move...and I still have energy. This is the life I want to be living.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Welcome to all the newcomers

Just a quick check in for me on day 22, as i'm about to go to sleep. I've just got back from the football match, disappointing result for my team! Quite a few hungover looking people in the stands tonight, glad I wasn't one of them. I bumped into a friend who asked if I wanted to go for a pint, but I dodged it. No desire for one
Old 12-26-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Splash and welcome capricallia

Originally Posted by SulfuricSplash View Post
I just didn't stand a chance.
Yeah you did

All those things you mentioned you didn't do...and having a real plan - it really does work.

Do you have a plan for NYE?

D
Old 12-26-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Day 26. I'm liking this!!!
Old 12-27-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Glad to see you still around lovehoops and well done on achieving a sober Christmas, that's no mean feat.

Day two, just awake after a horrendous night's sleep and sweating half my body weight. Haven't had the night sweats like that in a while. Disgusting.

Shower, coffee, washing and house cleaning on the agenda today. Feeling a bit more positive now my anxiety has settled and I know I don't have to do a day one ever again. The choice is mine.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Checking into class! 4:10 am and time to get moving. Back to work today for a short week in between Holidays. Let's take it one day at a time, have a plan and a commitment. It all adds up.

Day 24 here and so glad I found SR! It really helps!
Old 12-27-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congrats Robinson and quitter..almost to a month!!!

Capricallia.....the worst is over. It can only go up from here. Keeping busy will help..and keep posting. Hugs to you xox

I'm off to NYC with my daughter this evening. She got me tix to Broadway for Christmas. It's a trip for us but should be a nice time.

Stay sober and strong everyone...happy tuesday
Old 12-27-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Day 2 here...
Old 12-27-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Class! 24 days sober for me! I feel great and thankful for SR!
Old 12-27-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Bonjour everybody!

Day 26 in progress!

Happy to see many December class friends are still hanging on!
Bravo Quitter, Rayjay, Chloerose, Lovehoops, BringingBackB, Capricallia, Mangoman and Robinson!
Sulfuric, stay with us, you just lost one day not the war.

I went to my 2nd AA meeting and I've found a sponsor (do you say mentor in english?) to help me.
We went to eat together after the meeting and it was extremly interesting. I now have someone to call before drinking again.
He has 26 years of sobriety and he knows a lot about addictions.

I'll go to my third meeting today.
I'm doing meetings to fill the gap before I go back to work on January 3rd.
It will be harder to do meetings from there but I'll see when I'll get there...one day at a time!

I wish everybody a good 24 hours,
Koala hugs to all of you
Old 12-27-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Just wanted to check in! Was just very busy over the long weekend. Day 9 for me today! I'm feeling like maybe things are just too easy for me right now, but keep saying I know the difficult time(s) will come.

I read a few good books over the weekend, enjoyed my children and friends, went to a fully loaded Christmas party on Friday night (dangerous in early sobriety, but had a plan and a friend in place in case I felt tempted or off center...I didn't feel either) and had a cranberry juice and sprite in hand for the few hours we were there. Overall, a good weekend. Still fighting this upper respiratory crud, finished antibiotics on Friday, but am still extremely fatigued...curious if any one else has felt this fatigue in early sobriety? It seems to have gone on too long at this point to chalk it up to only the crud.

Let's not drink today! Go to sleep sober another night! Great job, Class!!
Old 12-27-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Day 13, finally feeling a tad better after having a cold yet again over Christmas. I'm planning on a meeting later today, yoga and some writing.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
OX

Hello everyone. Late to class but hoping to find a seat...
A few days left of 2016 and want in on this good group of folks. Let's get thru together
Hopesprings I have experienced extreme fatigue while quitting too. Hope you kick your resp issues.
Been a lazy drunk mess for a bit. Think I need to drag this pile to the gym. Smile large today