Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 2

Old 12-30-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Day 4 in the books, just wish this insomnia would pass. I'm so tired but cannot sleep, it's frustrating but there is no one to blame but myself.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi! Just saying hello! Just under 9 hours till a new year, new start. Enjoy the last day of 2016 wherever you are! Am drinking loads of water. Feeling healthier already!
Old 12-31-2016, 12:47 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Just waking up to my day 6 and NYE. Eek so proud of us all, we are doing so well!!!

Meeting a friend today for coffee while we let the kids run amok in an indoor playground. Later my partner is coming over to ring in the NY, quiet one for us. No doubt she'll have a few drinks but I'm feeling ok about not drinking. Did it two years ago and know there's no greater feeling than waking up refreshed and clear-headed on Jan 1.

New beginnings, let's start as we mean to continue. Probably won't get a chance to get online today so I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a happy new year, may it be our best yet!
Old 12-31-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Bonjour les amis!

Day 30 in progress, almost a month now!
(sobriety date : december 2nd)

I don’t remember if I told you but I’ve also stopped smoking cigarettes 3 days later : day 27 in progress!
(quit smoking date : december 5th)

It’s very hard sometimes when I get BOTH cravings at the same time, I come out of them down and empty when it happens...
I apply the same recipe : wait a few minutes and zap! the cravings are gone. It works all the time!

It seems everybody is busy these days.
Normal on the New Years Eve!
It's nice to read all your posts.

The December Class was a very good group for me, it helped me a lot.

Bravo to everybody getting ready to start 2017 without a hangover!
We can make it happen!
Old 12-31-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

It’s very hard sometimes when I get BOTH cravings at the same time, I come out of them down and empty when it happens...
I apply the same recipe : wait a few minutes and zap! the cravings are gone. It works all the time!

Not acting on a craving is in my opinion the only thing to do ! Not picking up, one moment at a time, one hour at a time, then one day at a time is the only way possible for me, even after a long period of continuous abstinence.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"
Old 12-31-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

1 hour, 37 minutes till '17.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Phoenix is about to ring in the New Year already! Some of us are just getting up early with the entire day ahead!
We can get through this day and night like all of the other ones! Remember what we all used to say as 'professional drinkers'? This is 'AMATEUR NIGHT' anyway!

Stay safe and stay off the roads if you can! Happy New Years EVE to everyone! We have a great start to the NEW year ahead!!!!!

NO HANGOVER TOMORROW! I'm all for that........
Old 12-31-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

1 hour and 15 to go till '17. Eating Kransky and ANZAC biscuits.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
1 hour and 15 to go till '17. Eating Kransky and ANZAC biscuits.
Do you put Vegemite on those? :-)
Old 12-31-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Jeez Meso- do youse blokes no nufin? You put the vegiE on cold toast- with butta. Kransky is with deadhorse (tomatoe sorsce). ANZAC biscuits (not cookies- biscuits, please) are for afters, but.
An old, nasty trick used to be to smear vegie on the toilet seat (it is very thick- thicker than toothpaste) and a very deep black.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Jeez Meso- do youse blokes no nufin? You put the vegiE on cold toast- with butta. Kransky is with deadhorse (tomatoe sorsce). ANZAC biscuits (not cookies- biscuits, please) are for afters, but.
An old, nasty trick used to be to smear vegie on the toilet seat (it is very thick- thicker than toothpaste) and a very deep black.
I've seen pictures. It looks absolutely revolting. Like something that belongs IN the toilet.

See? Now I'm going into 2017 a little smarter thanks to you!! I no sumfin!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hello Decemberites,

Day 27 well underway now. As others have said, i'm just treating it as a normal day rather than NYE. Its amateurs night anyway. My plan for tonight is to get some nice food in and cook something delicious. I'm off to the supermarket soon to stock up on some nice fizzy drinks (or sodas for our american friends . I'm spending tonight alone so might as well treat myself! I'll then stick a few films on and 'Bob's your uncle'... it will be 2017. I'm up and out early tomorrow morning so i'll also get a little bit of pleasure seeing some 'tender' folks from over indulgence!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Day 10....no exciting plans for tonight but I haven't been out for NYE in over 30 years! A little sad about not seeing grandchildren over the holidays but sooooo glad I didn't have to deal with the parents. Major stress avoided. Will have a quiet night with husband - no way can I stay up til 12p. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hey, Phoenix...
What 'cha think of us Americans eating Peanut Butter on toast?

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

MeSo- just looked at Virginian food through my good friend Dr Wika. - to see if I could see something gross to point out. Looks pretty much like we do- Blue Swimmers- cooked in hot vinegar, chilli sauce. BBQ's- good stuff- MEAT and nuts and stuff. The only one was traditional squirrel stew- but apparently they are endangered now- so ALL of you, because ALL of you like squirrel stew, replace it with chicken. Gotta run, have to go and check on things at the Kangaroo farm.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy New Years gang

some of you may not know...at the end of this month (31st) this thread continues...but it moves to the Daily Support forum to make way for a new Class of January thread here, for everyone starting their recovery journey in January.

Nothing else changes and I'll put a redirect link so people can find us

D
Old 12-31-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks, Dee.
I did not know that...glad we have you for guidance
Old 12-31-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I just bought a jar of Peanut PASTE (not butter- please)= crunchy, salted. The same for vegie- has to be with butter and COLD (nearly burnt) toast. 24 minutes.
Went to a recovery trivia night. I won a bottle of the ol' Brut mens fragrance- well I suppose that will bring out the animal in me....
Old 12-31-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

PASTE is white glue that comes with a brush! (You 'animal'! lol)
Old 12-31-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Welcome to anyone new or coming back.
Glad to see all of the activity!!!

I wish everyone a safe and sober new year...lets make 2017 a terrific sober year.
We can do this!!! Xoxo