Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, joining up for October 2016! 2nd full day today. Still feel ropey. But getting better. Hope you're all doing well.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Hope some folks accomplished some good sleep last night. I slept but woke up many times. Couple dreams about drinking....gross.

Day 3 here. Hoping to get in my 16 miles on the recumbent bike at the gym before my noon AA meeting. Always makes me feel better.

Regarding AA, I went 18 days in the past but never got a sponsor. I'm going to get a sponsor this time but am nervous about it - don't know why. Kind of weird to me to put my trust in a stranger. I have to take the leap of faith this time.

Have a 5 and 2 year old son. Toughest time yesterday was trying to organize them for bath and bed and the constant lack of listening. Wife had to take over so I could lay down, close my eyes and calm down. I dislike my lack of patience but right now I am really trying to concentrate on one thing and that is not drinking.

No drinking for me today...one day at a time.

Good luck today to everyone - we can do it.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Easyrider

D
Old 10-11-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChucktownMC View Post
Good morning all. Hope some folks accomplished some good sleep last night. I slept but woke up many times. Couple dreams about drinking....gross.

Day 3 here. Hoping to get in my 16 miles on the recumbent bike at the gym before my noon AA meeting. Always makes me feel better.

Regarding AA, I went 18 days in the past but never got a sponsor. I'm going to get a sponsor this time but am nervous about it - don't know why. Kind of weird to me to put my trust in a stranger. I have to take the leap of faith this time.

Have a 5 and 2 year old son. Toughest time yesterday was trying to organize them for bath and bed and the constant lack of listening. Wife had to take over so I could lay down, close my eyes and calm down. I dislike my lack of patience but right now I am really trying to concentrate on one thing and that is not drinking.

No drinking for me today...one day at a time.

Good luck today to everyone - we can do it.
I'm day 4, I also have two kids 7 and 1 and oh boy do they love to try my patience and they are so darn loud!! Hang in, take all the help when you can get it. You've got this!
Old 10-11-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I'm here. Day one for me
Old 10-11-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Hi Everyone, joining up for October 2016! 2nd full day today. Still feel ropey. But getting better. Hope you're all doing well.
Welcome classmate.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by LoveDD View Post
I'm here. Day one for me
Welcome classmate
Old 10-11-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Tough tough day for me. I am in court on Thursday and was preparing today for it. I am not the defendant, surprisingly. It is an ex colleague taking his employers to court, I was his line manager, but some of the claims he makes made for difficult reading.
Anyway, normally I would feel hurt and drink tonight until I passed out. Now I have arranged to meet a friend for coffee and a chat. Day 9.
Must stay strong, me and you all.
G
Old 10-11-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thanks for relating ChickenLady - it helps.

Back from exercise - sweating felt good. Cleaning up then off to AA.

Hang in there Gifford. Good plan getting coffee instead.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Good morning y'all.
I slept good last night. I am off the next few days which is normally when I think of drinking. I haven't really had cravings except for fleeting thoughts here and there.

I know I won't drink today because my bf is off too. Mainly worried about tomorrow.

Welcome chuck,love, and rider. Nice for you to join us.

I am going to Yoga this morning, then I'm going to see girl on the train (excited!!), then I have to deal with a stupid fix it ticket for my brake lights. I have a staff meeting at my work.. I have to pick up my son from school and then together we will go work out. Then homework and dinner.

Omg I'm getting tired just thinking of it.

Back to sleep for a little bit.........

Everyone enjoy your day!
Old 10-11-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I think if you keep your days as busy as this Jade, you'll have little chance to think about it.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Doing ok - but seem to be so tired. I'm assuming this will eventually go away - makes no sense - how am I tired no when I'm not messing up my body with booze?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi TOC, on day 9 here and I also felt tired yesterday. Today was better though. I think there will be ups and downs, even when sober.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Hi TOC, on day 9 here and I also felt tired yesterday. Today was better though. I think there will be ups and downs, even when sober.
TOC, Capt Haddock, I feel very tired, in fact have done since I stopped drinking; but equally I feel more alert and seem to have the capacity to think better.

Captain, we are on the same number of days.

Stay strong all.
G
Old 10-11-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hi Classmates! Sober today, no cravings (they never come until later), wishing us all a happy, sober day!
Old 10-11-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I agree with you Gifford, just am finding the weariness means I can easily feel overwhelmed.
Need to take a step back now and again and remind myself to just take my time.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I agree, being extremely exhausted seema to come with the territory. I was fine till about 2, then all the stress and exhaustion just took me over really hard. My office is empty and I have less than an hour till quit time and I just feel like I can't do anymore. I was super productive till now though, so calling it a win. May head home early anyways. The boy has scouts tonight, so we'll have a bit of home time for dinner and homework and to decompress beforehand. I'm assistant to den mom, so I get to help corral six 7 year olds. I should sleep really well tonight though.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Got back from my meeting. Trying to get some work done. That 4 o'clock headache is settling in that I always have on day 3. Can't wait for a couple more days for it to go away. Drinking a tons of water and so thankful my appetite is back. Came back at noon yesterday. Think I dropped 8-10 lbs between the last 3 day binge that ended on Saturday and vomiting all day on Sunday with out being able to eat a thing. Never going back there.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChucktownMC View Post
Got back from my meeting. Trying to get some work done. That 4 o'clock headache is settling in that I always have on day 3. Can't wait for a couple more days for it to go away. Drinking a tons of water and so thankful my appetite is back. Came back at noon yesterday. Think I dropped 8-10 lbs between the last 3 day binge that ended on Saturday and vomiting all day on Sunday with out being able to eat a thing. Never going back there.
You sound like me. Couldn't even keep water down today. I'm a binger too.

So now I'm officially joining the class of October 2016. I need all of you guys.

I think I need to condition myself to immediately take some action when I have a craving -- I could treat myself to takeout or pizza, buy myself a book or magazine. Like three to five specific things so when I get the urge to drink, it needs to be like pressing a button. And that needs to fit into the framework of a larger plan.

Oh, and Chucktown, I envy your living in Charleston! Lived in Summerville for about three years growing up. I have a lot of fond memories of that time.

Thanks, everyone. I want to GRADUATE this time.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

MeSoSober - Beautiful area. Just need to learn how to live here sober. Been here 4+ years and drinking way too much. I use a lot of Gatorade G2 when I'm healing myself. I find the flavor helps though I do water it down. I use the G2 Purple Powder. Quart Mason Jar full of ice water and a spoon of G2. Day 1 is tough but you have to keep putting water in when it is coming out. Good luck friend.