Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Its tough when others drink around us, especially our loved ones mandosca.
I assume he knows how you feel;?

for a lot of us, others drinking is just something else we have to get used to?

D
Thanks Dee. Yes he knows. I have to say, he worked all day ripping down walls and getting ready to install a new fireplace (normally he drinks beer while doing these kinds of projects) and he didn't even mention buying beer once. I guess he realized I was a little upset. I guess I should give him a break, he has cut back a lot. Still hard to get use to though, maybe its just me being jealous! :-)
Old 10-09-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
It is difficult mandosca! Maybe you should talk to your hubby and think of new things to do that don't involve drinking.

Luckily my bf is a normal drinker. He drinks like one beer and he's done. He used to drink a lot more when I drank but now that I've quit he doesn't really think about it. He keeps beer around the house which is fine by me because I never liked beer
My hubby is a pretty normal drinker for the most part but him and my dad are like best buds and always drink when together lol. I'm with you, I never cared much for beer either! I don't mind him having a few but he just sounded so stupid being buzzed lol. Again, I'm sure I was much worst. :-)
Old 10-09-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loulou1981 View Post
Hi, it's day 1 for me, I gave up around this time last yr...lasted 6 months then started drinking again in April, AV crept in telling me I could control my drinking...no chance....It's slowly slipping back to how it was...drinking to the point of passing out....not a good look...hubbie is fuming!!!! I've got to stick with it this time!!
Welcome Loulou!
Old 10-09-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hewson, I also got a DUI a few years ago. Cost me 10,000 dollars!!

It was a nightmare. But it didn't help me get sober. I drove drunk a million times after that unfortunately but never got pulled over again. Thankfully I never have to worry about that again
Old 10-09-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newlight7 View Post
It's officially been over a week. I kind of started the day off on the wrong foot. I asked my husband if he's proud. He laughed and said "Well, you really on drank on the weekends, so it's not really like it's been a week, maybe more like 2 days for you." He is really pressing my buttons today. But I'm proud of me, that's what counts. Today I'm committed to moving forward. I'm not going to obsess over last weekend anymore. I'm going to concentrate on today and let the rest go. Happy Sunday everyone!
That sounds like my husband, I swear he doesn't think before he speaks! All that matters is that you're proud of yourself and I bet that it's safe to say that everyone hear understands what an accomplishment that is and are very proud of you too! :-)
Old 10-09-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hipschick View Post
Thank you ?de0a
Welcome Hipschick!
Old 10-09-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Mandosca, will you be following a program like AA or something similar?

I'm just wondering what your plan is because I don't have one lol
Old 10-09-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
I don't really have any alcoholic friends. In fact, I kinda don't have very many friends at all.

I went into this hibernation mode where I just avoided everyone and drank instead. It wasn't social drinking at all. Im kinda nervous to reach out to my friends because it's been ages since I've actually hung out with anyone except my bf and my son and my parents.

In my defense though, I do work in the restaurant industry so when I'm off I like to avoid people. Haha
I'm the same way, I spend time with my kids, my husband, my parents and my sister. I have a couple close friends but I became somewhat of an introvert when I started drinking more and now I realize that the times we did hang out we almost always drank and I obviously don't want to put myself I'm that kind of a situation . My best friend since 8th grade is a bartender and hangs out a lot at bars and restaurants so that's not an option. I'm going to have to figure out something we can do together because I do think us girls need a little one on one time with each other. :-)
Old 10-09-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome hipschick and loulou

Catherine by the end of my drinking I had surrounded myself with heavy drinkers and alcoholics.

A lot of those fell away after I got sober, and a couple of them had to be told to go away cos they still wanted me to drink...

I reconnected with old friends where the common bond was more than just drinking,. and I made new friends along the way in time.

Anyone who is really your friend will support you in your decision not to drink anymore, I think
D
Old 10-09-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by Jimuk View Post
Great thanks Vince, the boys won their rugby match then home for a lovely roast that my wife and I cooked together. I over heard her and my son saying how nice it was for Dad to be sober and fun.
I'm relieved I didn't drink today my friend. Hope you're well!
Had a family day myself yesterday and must say it was a bit tense at times but was better than being wasted. Mrs vman was quite clear I dont have many chances left at getting this right so this is the big one.
Lets take what comes and battle on !
Old 10-09-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by loulou1981 View Post
Hi, it's day 1 for me, I gave up around this time last yr...lasted 6 months then started drinking again in April, AV crept in telling me I could control my drinking...no chance....It's slowly slipping back to how it was...drinking to the point of passing out....not a good look...hubbie is fuming!!!! I've got to stick with it this time!!
Your back and thats what counts.
I lasted 3 1/2 months last time but not giving up either
Lets do this !
Old 10-09-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi to all the new classmates hipschick, catherine, catch... and anyone i left out.
I have to start working a bit on this computer or their going to take it off me
Have a good day
Old 10-09-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Back to work today for me too today - meetings - oh joy!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good morning all, well I'm off to work today. I'm helping a friend whose got a lot of work on, it's only temporary but will help whilst I'm looking for full time employment. Have a great day, I'm looking forward to checking in tonight to catch up with you all.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:41 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!! Bit of a restless night, weird dreams about never drinking again & in the dreams I felt sad....same as b4 really.....so annoying, I've got a 2 & 4 yr old plus full time work so I've got plenty to keep me busy!!!! Hope u all have a fab day & enjoy another unhazy sober day!!!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

At work today I could smell last nights booze on one of the chefs....I guess I've not been able to smell it before. It was pretty horrible. It made me wonder if anyone has ever smelled last nights bottle of wine on me?
Good motivation.
Oh and thanks all for the welcome!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Goodnight sober peeps, I love you all, and I'm grateful for another beautiful day

Old 10-10-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Woke up

Woke up at 3am...way too early. At least I found an interesting new show on Netflix to watch...Edge of the Universe. Very interesting science show...especially since I can understand it all because watching it sober!
Old 10-10-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Morning all! Back into work for me too. Already making progress, but it's not enough really, should have had more done while my boss has been away. But I'm gonna keep it in the day-be the best I can be today. That will help the future be better.

Some really positive posts from people-great work everyone! I think it's hard to do when others around you drink. I think I'll struggle too but I'm going to keep my life basic in the short term and consolidate what I have rather than testing myself with being around others drinking.

Hope everyone's having a good day so far. We're killing this demon drink-ain't that the best?
Old 10-10-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hope everyone's having a good day so far. We're killing this demon drink-ain't that the best?
You said it. That is the best.
ODAAT and with tools in our toolboxes we will beat it.