Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Illuminate, I am thinking of you. Hard times for you, but here there are people looking out for you.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 4 here. Flying across the country. Started on an early flight. Had some anxiety since I always drink when I fly. Took some deep breaths. Ate plenty of food to stay full. Read some SR and the first 8 chapters of the Big Book. First time I've read the book and I found a lot of comfort and hope, for those considering.

I travel a ton so I was upgraded. Had my quart of Gatorade in tow and the resolve to tell the kind flight assistant no thanks to any drink - she even asked about wine specifically at 8:30 in the morning. Not for me, not today, not anymore. Felt good.

Hang in there all, we can make it through today. I have my AA meetings lined up for the week where I am headed and am going to 2 of them with an old friend from high school that has been clean and sober for nearly 10 years.

Prior proper planning...

Have a blessed day.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Day 10 and feel calm, court for me tomorrow, not looking forward to it, but I can put a lot of stress behind me hopefully.
I am alone tonight, but rather than crack the vodka open I am going to treat myself to a meal delivered to my door. This is partly to stop me from going out, and partly to say to myself, good for you, 10 days. That's double figures. Next target is 11.
Be strong everybody.
G
Old 10-12-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

My emotions are all over the place however. Like a roller coaster between anxiety, ok and depression. Can't wait for it to pass.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gifford View Post
Day 10 and feel calm, court for me tomorrow, not looking forward to it, but I can put a lot of stress behind me hopefully.
I am alone tonight, but rather than crack the vodka open I am going to treat myself to a meal delivered to my door. This is partly to stop me from going out, and partly to say to myself, good for you, 10 days. That's double figures. Next target is 11.
Be strong everybody.
G
. Good for you Gifford!!! Best of luck at court tomorrow!!! I will be in that boat next week... we will get through this bump in the road together
Old 10-12-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Good going, Chucktown. That's great that you had an "advance plan" and that you stuck to it. And it's actually a nice feeling to turn down alcohol. It makes you feel a tiny bit superior, especially at 8 in the morning!!!
Old 10-12-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChucktownMC View Post
My emotions are all over the place however. Like a roller coaster between anxiety, ok and depression. Can't wait for it to pass.
Hang tough, Chuck! We're with you
Old 10-12-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Unfortunately I'm back at day 1, and probably the reason for this is that my girlfriend put us on a "break" yesterday. A 3 month break. It's probably over. Don't know how to feel about it, but last night I didn't want to feel anything about it and drank. Pointless decision.

So I have a long and challenging road ahead of me. I'm sure the journey will be worth it, but I don't look forward to the struggle.
Speaking from a girl's perspective (and just this girl, not all of girl kind) she might really just need a break. I'm willing to bet if you show you're making an honest effort to nip this addiction in the bud it will make her think twice about completely breaking things off. She may just need some space.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Wanted to share a nice quote my sister sent me this morning after Monday night's DUI:

Quote of the day: "I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today"

Luv to all!
Old 10-12-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Thanks tile and CG123. Felt damn good to say no but after the 4th time I got frustrated - but what does she know. She's just doing her job and was very nice.

Thanks for the support - made me shed a tear or two.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Illuminate, I agree with countrygal. Break ups are harder on women than men i think because we care too much. Does she know you're trying to get sober?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Does anyone like to read? I'm reading a nonfiction book - "the gene" by Siddhartha Mukherjee . it's really amazing.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome to the new comers to October Class.
Day 7 today, haven't been able to say that for a long time. Not had a cigarette either so I'm really pleased.

Like some of you I do feel very tired but it's not a drowsy hungover tired so I'm not worried just working though it.

Good luck tomorrow Gifford, I hope it's not as bad as you think it might be.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and welcome to SR! I'm from the May Class and just wanted to say hello to you. Reading and posting on SR has changed my life and still does every day. When you get a bit more settled in your sobrieties have a look around the forum. There is a vast amount of the greatest people on here with lots of interests and everyone is welcome to join in.

My very best wishes to you all! One minute, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Wanted to share a nice quote my sister sent me this morning after Monday night's DUI:

Quote of the day: "I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today"

Luv to all!

Love the quote CG, so true but I need to be reminded, so thank you very much for posting it xx
Old 10-12-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Who has a major breakdown and cries in the bathroom at work?!?! 🤗 That would be me, y'all. The stress of my work right now just totally took over and the breakdown had to happen. The more I held on to it the worse it felt, so I let the crying and the anger happen and worked through it and I feel better! I got back to my desk and got tons of stuff done, helped a couple of cranky patients and came out on top! Hour away from quitting time I feel accomplished and sort of new. Plus, I was smart and armed myself with a delicious pre workout protein cookie.

Love that quote countrygal!!
Old 10-12-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hoping everyone is having a happy and sober day, and if it isn't happy, may it at least be sober!
Old 10-12-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Chickenlady
Old 10-12-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hewson, when I got my dui they let me drive to and from work, and one 3 hour block/week for shopping. Not sure what the laws in your state are, but talk to your lawyer. Let's hang in there, it CAN get better for us!
Old 10-12-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Good night all, I hope you're all well!