Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 10-08-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Up in Happy Valley for the day for some college ball! Go Pennstate! Tailgating sober listening to all the drunk shenanigans going on around me. Can't say I'm missing it The rain is finally clearing so things are looking up and I will finally remember a game!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great day and plan Sim!!!!! Cant wait to enjoy the Packer game in Northern WI--- I am literally a half hour away from Green Bay!
I decided to just relax for a bit and let things die down here. I think two days of getting up at 4am has us both wound up a tad tight, and I think that there may be some PTSD going on with him, and something triggered the anger I saw in him yesterday. He has lived alone for a lot of his grown life after his divorce, and I think he is feeling a bit out of sorts. I have always been pretty independent until I stopped drinking. I relied on him the last few months for just about everything, so now I feel like I am "re-learning" that Ms. Independence all over again. Its been a tough day for me, and I know I have to be patient, but I just cant. ( LOL-- not my strength for sure)
One day at a time!!!
Old 10-08-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Up in Happy Valley for the day for some college ball! Go Pennstate! Tailgating sober listening to all the drunk shenanigans going on around me. Can't say I'm missing it The rain is finally clearing so things are looking up and I will finally remember a game!
Haha...remember feeling that way well when we went up to Lambeau field for the LSU/Wisconsin game. Unfortunately for the LSU fan, that game didn't go so well.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Well I'm calling this day a success! Not only did I not drink at the game but Pennstate won (bonus)! After the game we drove the 3 hours home and attended a sweet sixteen b-day party for a family member. It kind of made me a little sad.....it seems like yesterday she was a little girl and now she's a beautiful, smart young lady. I missed a lot during the "drinking" years but I felt proud to be one of the sober adults at the party. If this had been last year I would've been a no show as I would've been too drunk from the game to make it. If I had made it, I would've been one of the drunk adults acting like a 16 year old.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Morning Mayflies and Happy Sunday! The plan for today is babysitting grandchild #2. I'm super excited as I don't often have her all to myself! Hoping y'all have a great day!
Old 10-09-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Good for you Sim! Sounds like a great day in store for you! And kudos on the no drinking at the game-- that is usually a tough time for most people, and you did it!

Happy Sunday everyone! Well, the artic air sure showed its colors yesterday and last night.... things shaped up really good yesterday. I think it helped both of us just giving each other some space. A few hours in to the day and things were better. We got a lot done, and went sight seeing, and found our bearings should I say.
We didn't bring up what happened, nor do I plan to. I don't quite understand all that is involved in PTSD and I truly believe it something in his past triggered his reaction and behavior. Not too mention that he cant remember a lot lately. I need to do better at making him feel at home here, and that some of things ( as quirky as they may be) have a place here.
On todays agenda is not a lot. We have one side of town to venture out in and then switch between the Packer game and Debate I am sure.
Tomorrow is my FIRST day at my new job, so I want to get to bed early, have a nice early dinner, and be able to relax. I am for the most part done-- just a few larger pics to hang and then I am all done!
There I go rambling again!
Have a great day!!!
Old 10-10-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Well, everyone--- I made it thru the first day just fine! A little morning jitters, but that is it. Made it there in plenty of time. GREAT place and AWESOME people. I had a wonderful first day, and cant wait to dig in!
Hope you all survived the weekend, and had a good day as well.
I am going to do a little straightening up, have a nice dinner, and then relax in my new home.
I will check in tomorrow!
--Camery
Old 10-11-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I'm back and checking in S O B E R yyyeeeeppppeeee.
I had a great time and even on the social evenings out I'm pleased to say that it was ok not to drink. I missed having a few drinks with my sis but I didn't miss the hangover and going on a bender afterwards.

I thought of you a lot and it made me stronger to stick to my plan!

Reading your posts makes me feeling so proud of you all. Mayflies go go go!!!
Camery, Sim, Jo, PPE, Eagle, LW, CG, Carmel... well done to all of you and a HUGE thank you to Dee for looking after us !!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone and guess what.... yes I'm back to work tomorrow, that sounds so great to me!!!!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

So just came down off a bender. Blew a .3 and got my first and last dui last night

So upset with myself. Just got home from detoxing in jail. That is not a fun experience :/
Old 10-11-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Stay close to SR, CountryGal - we're here for you
Old 10-11-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Oh dear ((((Country Gal)))) sending you a big hug. Is your bf with you? I hope you're ok, take a deep breath, have a hot bath or shower to get rid of this terrible feeling. Please don't drink CG.

Caramel is right, we're here for you... please keep in touch.

Sending you lots of love xxx
Old 10-11-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
Oh dear ((((Country Gal)))) sending you a big hug. Is your bf with you? I hope you're ok, take a deep breath, have a hot bath or shower to get rid of this terrible feeling. Please don't drink CG.

Caramel is right, we're here for you... please keep in touch.

Sending you lots of love xxx
thank you hubs picked me up at the clink and brought me home. He also attained a lawyer. Court day is next week. I am so embarrassed:/. Hubs left for a massage appointment
Old 10-11-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry CG. I know your mind must be on court but I hope you'll look at the links here about making a recovery plan?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

You never need to feel this way again

D
Old 10-11-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Elke

D
Old 10-11-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Welcome back Elke! Glad to hear you had a nice time and a SOBER time! Congrats!
CG--- hang in there girl! And as everyone said, stay close to SR and us. We are ALL always here for you!!!!

Second day down in the books. I am really enjoying my new job so far, and am really happy where I live. It feels like "home" to me, even after just a few days. I am sure that there may be some stressful days ahead, like every job, but right now I am enjoying just going to work everyday with good people and a great company!

The days seem as if they are getting shorter as we near the "winter" season here-- it is pitch black out and not even 7PM!!!! Makes me sleepy!

Hope you all have a nice evening and I will check in tomorrow!
--Camery
Old 10-12-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Quick check in as it feels like an age since I last did. Guess I'vebeen busy living this new sober life of mine. Mr Floss hit 40 at the weekend, so we headed up to the Blue Mountains for an overnight stay and a trip to the Jenolan caves. Kinda fun. Not a lot else to report.

CG - sorry to hear you're doing it tough just now. What's your plan going forward?
Elke - yay for a sober trip!
Camery - glad to hear you're settling in.
Sim, Eagle - hello!
Old 10-12-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday Mayflies!
Camery-It's awesome to hear that you're enjoying the new job!! Also glad you and your room mate have been able to patch things up and move one But most of all, I'm glad you're feeling that sense of "home" within the new life you've created for yourself, sober ! You dazzle me girl! Go you!

Elke-Welcome back friend! Congrats on your sober holiday!

CG-I'm sorry to hear bout the DUI. I'm lucky myself to have never been caught driving drunk, not to mention wrecking my car or hurting/killing myself or somebody else in the process. That very real possibility was one of things that led me here to SR. I know this has got to be a very stressful time for you but first and foremost, I'm glad you're ok and it wasn't worse than a dui. Stick close and try, try, try to focus on the positive (what didn't happen) but at the same time go deep to the root of the problem. The drinking. That is what is making life unmanageable. That is what was making my life unmanageable. There is no judgement here, only support and compassion because we've all been there. Saying prayers for you and your family and sending positive vibes your way. You can do this, I know you can, 1 minute at a time, 1 hour at a time, 1 day at a time. If you need help on a recovery plan just say the word as I know there are lots of great ideas floating all around this site!

FlossyTeaCake-Good to see you Sounds like you're rocking that new sober life! You go girl!
Old 10-12-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

So here's the plan so far:

Had to use some sick time for yesterday and Monday. Today we meet with the attorney. I have some cosmetic damage to my car as it happened in someone's driveway that I tried to turn around in and their vehicle sustained barely a scratch. Ended up in the ditch at said person's house. I had been turning around to go back for my phone, so I asked to use theirs. Called the hubs and he came and picked me up then took me home; then he had a neighbor help him get my car out of the ditch. A little while later hubs called that he had to talk to the cops and to prepare myself to go to jail. I called my mom who lives not far away. She came over. We decided this is my official wake up call - I will not be given any more second chances. Cops came and took me to the clink. I had to stay until around noon - it was freezing. Yeah. If you never have to detox in a freezing cold jail cell, consider yourself lucky - and smart for never having put yourself in that situation. So far the family has been supportive, which has been greatly appreciated. I think everyone knows this is it and that my attempts to take care of this by myself have not worked and everyone has stepped up to the plate to show support. I am lucky in that regard, for sure.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention as part of the plan I'm going to seek an AA meeting as soon as I talk to the attorney. Show steps I'm already taking prior to my court date to demonstrate that I am willing to do what it takes to correct my wrongs.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

...and also at some point make an official visit with my doctor to run tests, tell her I'm going to meetings, and start taking care of any physical problems I may have caused over the last ten years.