Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 10-04-2016, 02:40 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats purplepeopleeat
Good luck with the move Camery
Old 10-04-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi all! Great to hear from you purple. Have a great holiday Elke you'll be fine I just know it. Camery keep going you're so close to heaving a big sigh of relief at the end of all this work!
Nothing much to report here. Highlight of my week tonight getting my hair cut and coloured lol! Take care all xxx
Old 10-04-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Best wishes with your move, Camery03
Hi, everyone
Hi Caramel! xxx
Old 10-04-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Two more days till "go time. " Oh boy! So happy to be sober during this move. I forget where and if I packed stuff sober-- I cant imagine what that would be like if I was half in the bag like I was 5 months ago.
Some of my family is at a tackle show this week-- last night on Facebook was drunk pics till all hours of the evening with shots, etc. This morning they are hungover as all get out, and I thought to myself as I was reading all of their text messages about how crappy they felt..." I am so glad I wake up everyday NOT feeling that way" as I enjoy my strong cup of coffee.
Yesterday was a true test of my sobriety and how far I have come... I went to the bank that happens to be in the grocery store, conveniently located next to the liquor department with Vodka being closest to me. It never even dawned on me to go back to my old ways and get a small bottle. It wasn't until I got home that I even thought about it, and to be honest the thought of it made me sick. IDK if that part is good or bad, but I was feeling pretty darn proud of myself.
Thanks to SR, and more importantly ALL of you, I have been able to be successful in this tough journey in my life. It means the world to me to be able to share this with you knowing that you will understand all that this means.
So, now I am babbling.... LOL.
Have a wonderful day everyone! Love you guys-- thanks for being here for me always!
-- Camery
Old 10-04-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Trying to keep up but I'm busy with meetings and doctors appointments lately. I've started sleeping a normal amount of time so that's progress. Trying to get back into normal life and stay/get healthy. It's keeping me busy. Just trying not to overdo it. Thank you all and wish the best for you.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Wombat,

Keep up the good work. You are doing great.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday Mayflies!
PPE-Congrats on 5 months!
Eagle-Glad to hear all is well with the family! Yes, progress, not perfection
Camery-Sounds as if you're pretty well prepared! I'm excited for you! And I think its awesome that the liquor store didn't even cross your mind! That's huge!
Elke-Enjoy your vaca!
Jo-You are doing great Jo! Props to you for treating yourself to a little primping
LW- Good to see ya! Glad to hear your sleeping better!
Old 10-05-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
Hi everyone. Trying to keep up but I'm busy with meetings and doctors appointments lately. I've started sleeping a normal amount of time so that's progress. Trying to get back into normal life and stay/get healthy. It's keeping me busy. Just trying not to overdo it. Thank you all and wish the best for you.
Great to hear from you LW I'm so pleased you're taking it steady and looking after yourself xxx
Old 10-05-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hello everyone and good to hear from all of you over the last few days. LW, great to hear you are taking care of YOU and are getting back in to a good sleep pattern.
Hope everyone else is doing well. One more day here till go time. I thought today was relaxation day till I started all kinds of cleaning, etc. So, needless to say I have a few hours left in me before I can actually call it a day of rest.
Up and at it early tomorrow, and not sure if my internet connection will be hooked up once I am there but I will check in for sure if I can.
If not, take care my fellow Mayflies!!! Be good to yourselves!
Old 10-05-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to 'see' you LW - hope the meeting and appointments abate & give way to normalcy soon
D
Old 10-05-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

((Camery)) I'm thinking of you! Best of luck girl! I'm praying for traveling mercies and smooth sailing as you get up and running at the new homestead! Keep us posted as ur able!
Old 10-06-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Gooooooooooood morning everyone!
Well, today has arrived! And I am ready ready! A few more things to finalize up and now I wait for the movers.
Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I hope to be able to check in in a few days!
--Camery
Old 10-06-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Testing
Old 10-06-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Trouble with site

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Testing
I keep getting booted off the site - hoping whatever is wrong gets fixed soon. Can usually read but cannot respond. But I'm here and keeping on!!!

Would write more but afraid it will be futile or kick me off as I'm typing...
Old 10-06-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're having that problem GG - what device are you using? a phone?
Old 10-07-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Mayflies! Thinking of you Camery! Hope the move goes smoothly! We're heading up to Happy Valley for some college football tomorrow (Go Pennstate!) This is usually a major drinking event so I'm looking forward to actually being there sober Hope everyone has a great sober weekend!
Old 10-07-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Well, I made it. So, where do I begin? Let's see...... The movers showed up an hour late yesterday, and took there sweet time getting things packed up. So, my ETA to my new place was delayed. Almost to my new house, car full to the gills with stuff and my tire blew........ Good thing I had someone there to help get my spare tire on to make it home.
Move furniture in and hmmmmmm. Two households blended in to one is not going to work. Too much furniture and no room for all of it.
Today the cable guy showed up after several several attempts at trying to get service here and was a total !@@!!!! ( guess the complaint I made worked)

And today's dilemma that seriously ALMOST sent me to the liquor store, is this: I moved in with my friend whom I have known for almost 3 years. Up until now I really thought we were compatible. We set up the living room and our separate rooms, etc. All was fine until this afternoon when the TV situation wasn't working. He had a complete meltdown, and threw a fit. I realized after that that the whole living arrangement is mostly all of my furniture and not his, so I imagine he is feeling like he doesn't really live here. Now I feel bad, and he is upset. IDK really what to do--- this was supposed to be the happiest time in my life and I feel miserable. The silent treatment kills me and I feel like a stranger. It may pass after things settle down-- we are both living on limited sleep, a rough few weeks, and days, so I have decided to let him be for a bit, and not push it.

Sorry to ramble and babble. But to be honest, I just needed to put it out there.
I wont drink that is for sure. I know the consequences of that, and I am not going there. Rest and relaxation for today, and tomorrow is another day!

Hope you all are doing well..... much better now that I am back on the grid. It just sucks I only made it one day without a phone or computer...... LOL
Old 10-08-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you made it Camery! Bummer on the flat tire but thank goodness you had help available and were able to deal with it and keep moving! Sorry to hear about the awkwardness that arose between u n your friend. Stressful situations have a way of creating some tense moments. I'm sure things will return to normal as y'all settle into a routine! Glad to hear you didn't cave and drink......I've always found that in stressful situations, alcohol is like pouring gasoline on the fire.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
Brrrrrrrr. cold here up in the Northern part of WI. LOL. Beautiful fall morning today. Up and at it early today. A few things to do around the home and then I am going to find Target, etc. and map out my way to work for Monday.
Things are still a little edgy around here, but I am just going to give it some time. He's still a little salty and I guess me putting added pressure on isn't going to make things any better. I am here for good, so if he decides this isn't going to work for him, then it is what it is. I moved here for a job, and that is what I intend on doing. I just wanted to be able to enjoy it with someone that's all.
Hope you are all doing well, and enjoying the weekend so far.
I will check in later, that is, if I don't get lost. LOL.
--- Camery
Old 10-08-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Congrats Camery on getting there and beginning to get settled! New starts are always a little bumpy but very exciting nonetheless. Sounds like you have a good attitude about your friend and are giving it some time. I always recite in these types of time, "This too shall pass." Either it works or it may not long-term, but your actions/attitudes are all you can control and most of the time that leads to a positive result.