Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 10-12-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

(((CG))) I want to give you a big hug!!! It's sooooo great that you're family is supporting you, bless them all.

Great to hear you're making plans. You can do it CG, the Mayfly power is with you!!! I'll be thinking of you

Sim, I love reading your posts. You have such a wonderful way to say things. Ever thought of becoming a writer?

So lovely to hear that you're enjoying your new life Camery, I feel privileged to have been on that journey with you here on SR.

Hello Flossy, great to hear from you and that you're enjoying your sobriety

Take care everyone, lots of love xxx
Old 10-12-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you have support and a plan CountryGal

D
Old 10-13-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Morning, all - checking in on the morning of Day 3. Wishing all a great day. And giant hugs and thanks for all the great support here!

Met with the attorney last night. Now to research AA meetings in my area. Hope I can get that done today, but work may be crammed with tasks. But I have documentation paperwork now from the attorney so I can have it stamped and show proof that I'm taking steps and taking this seriously.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-13-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday Everyone! Well, I'm happy to report noted progress. Today was a complete **** show at work. Our afternoon staff meeting turned super ugly as unaddressed underlying issues came to a head with a fury. Seriously, we were 1 clown short of a circus. People screaming, people crying, accusations flying. Holy Jerry Springer Show. 5 months ago I wouldn't have been able to deal. Cravings would've come on like a torrent, anxiety would've overwhelmed me, and I would've been caught up in the drama; hook, line, and sinker. 5 months ago I would've carried the day home with me and hit the bottle the second I walked through the door. My poor husband would've had to deal with me drunk reliving the entire ordeal. But not today Today, I sat back, watched the wheels come off the proverbial wagon and remained sane. I could see through the anger and offense and it truthfully didn't affect me all that much.
As I drove home, replaying some of the particular funnier scenes in my mind; it hit me......I did not experience 1 craving during or after the entire episode, not 1. Holy-what is going on? Could it be? Progress? Yes! Yes people, this is huge! Not only did I not experience a craving but I managed my emotions and anxiety! Adulting! The fabled adulting! I did it! Woohoo!
Ok, all this being said. I'm not getting cocky. I could get cut off tomorrow morning on my way to work and victim story my way into thinking I'm justified in having a beer and then argue with my AV all day long.....it's happened. Just wanted to celebrate and share 1 small victory, 1 battle won. It's given my hope, a glimpse of what my future could be if I continue to fight for my own life, my own recovery, and may I say......it feels so worth it!
Old 10-13-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
CG--- sooooooo glad to hear about your plan, and your progress! You go girl-- you got this! And so glad you have some support behind you. Sounds like you are making a plan and covering all of your bases. You know we are all here for you.
Sounds like everyone else is settling in and taking care of themselves. Things have been okay here. Settling in nicely at my new job-- the people here are amazing. I love it. My roommate, or whatever, has his good and bad days. I think he is bored when I am not here, and doesn't really know his way around. His memory is getting bad, somewhat concerning, so I guess I am okay with him not gallivanting around and getting lost. But, it makes for a stressful environment to come home and not be able to have a dialogue about my day, his day, etc.
And yesterday, I rear ended someone on my way home. Yep--- BAM!!! Brakes locked up and the car literally slid in to the poor girl in front of me. The pavement was wet, and, I might have been a little too close...............
At any rate, smashed up hood, but yet my car is still drive able and will need some repairs. And to top it off, I got a ticket for following too close.....
Good thing my deductible is only 250.00........

Anyways, things are good here. Lots to learn at my new job, and the days are flying by. I am literally so exhausted when I get home, I find it hard to be motivated to do anything other then eat, and relax, and sleep!!!

I hope everyone is hanging in there. I will check in tomorrow. Now that I have my routine down things are easier in the morning!

Love you guys!
Camery
Old 10-14-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Sim -- sooo pleased for you!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Love your post Camery, nice and positive, even with the BAM (glad you're ok).
Just think that 2 months ago we were both worried about finding a job... how lucky we are!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-14-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone! No mishaps today. I found a really good guy to fix my car and am touring the town this weekend.
Hope you all had a good day, and I will check in later. I just got home and it is literally 80 degrees in here.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey all! Checking in on day 4. Feeling more positive today. All the support from all of u, my family and my friends has really made a huge difference for me. First time quitting that I don't constantly feel like crying. Feels more like a change in the wind, like graduating high school or something, like now all things are possible. Whatever happens now regarding the final charges is no longer in my control. Can't change the past. What's done is done. But like Dee said, I never have to go thru that horror again.

Tomorrow I'm going to a noon AA meeting. I'm hoping I don't get any crud from people who may remember me from when I gave it a go six years ago. I suppose if they do, that's their prerogative / problem. I need go put on my big girl pants and learn how to live sober, whatever and however that means for me.

Can't thank u all enough for your support. Group hug - have a great one wherever u r!!!

Thanks for letting me rant 😊😊😊
Old 10-14-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great recovery here guys

I'm sorry for your accident Camery and your bad day Simplicity but it's awesome you're both still committed to recovery
Old 10-14-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hey[All! today was another cluster at work. Still no cravings but I'm just emotionally and mentally exhausted, which has me on high alert for the AV. No way to avoid the fallout so I'm stuck in the thick of it with everyone else. Hey, they can't fire us all right? I actually think my boss is mentally ill. I don't say this in a flippant way.....rather, I just believe the issues go way deeper than any of us are qualified to understand. It's sort of disturbing. Not sure if I should just get out of there or see what happens but I don't think we can limp along much longer in this way. We're a small place, no where to hide to avoid the wrath. blah. Thank God it's Friday! Grandchild #1 is staying the night. Not sure what the temp it is in hell right now but guessing it's freezing over because he was fast asleep by 9:30. Finally Oma gets a good night of sleep!

CG-Glad to hear you're feeling a lot of support! Good luck with the AA meeting tomorrow! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Camery-Enjoy touring the town tomorrow and happy to hear you're liking the job/co-workers!

A big ello to everyone else!
Old 10-15-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hey all - emotional roller coaster. Yesterday felt great. Just woke up and back to crying. And scared now of that AA mtg!!!!
Old 10-15-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Of course you are scared hon! We all would be. At least I would.
But... you are strong, and determined and have the will to beat this!
As you said in one of your posts, time to put the big girl pants on!!!! You can do this CG--- I have every ounce of faith I have that you can and you WILL succeed.
Remember to breathe!!!! Relax, and go in there with your head held high, chin up, and if anything just listen. You'll feel better afterwards, I promise!

Be good to you my friend. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Love you!
Camery
Old 10-15-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Hey all - emotional roller coaster. Yesterday felt great. Just woke up and back to crying. And scared now of that AA mtg!!!!
The idea of going to meetings every day for the rest of my life is really freaking me out
Old 10-15-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

It's just because it is something new, and different. That can happen with any new thing that happens in our lives that makes us "uncomfortable" and takes us out of our element.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
The idea of going to meetings every day for the rest of my life is really freaking me out
One Day At A Time friend. That's all any of us can do.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...

CG - I'll be thinking of you...I agree with Sim...one day at a time, you can do this gal.

Sim - sending you strong vibes to make it through the tough times.

Camery - have a good weekend in your new town.

Hey Dee, I like your new avatar... dancing D, fab

Have a good sunday everyone
Old 10-15-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey CountryGal

The most any of us can do is live our day today...worry about tomorrow and next week and next year when they get here.

It's pretty safe to say a meeting will do you good today, yeah?...so go..

D
Old 10-15-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

So I made it through with only minimal crying- for me. Every one seemed really welcoming honestly. Only recognized a few faces. Only one of them came up to me after the meeting to say he thought he remembered me from before and said he was glad I made it back. So in all, it feels good to have ripped off the band aid.

Thanks again to all of u 4 your help!!! Glad everyone seems to be doing ok
Old 10-15-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thanks Elke As suspected my AV has become a chatty cathy overnight. Luckily for me it has no arms to reach with and no legs to take it to the liquor store. No, all the AV has is a loud mouth which currently screaming in my head like a 2 year old. It's a sad little parasitic entity of my own creation in the throws of a tantrum. To that I say, "scream away cause I'm starving your withering little @ss out". It's fits affect me far less than they used to because it is no longer accompanied by physical cravings for alcohol....which frankly makes things far easier on me.... now it's just a choice to be made within my lil ole head.