View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
CountryGal123

So here's the plan so far:

Had to use some sick time for yesterday and Monday. Today we meet with the attorney. I have some cosmetic damage to my car as it happened in someone's driveway that I tried to turn around in and their vehicle sustained barely a scratch. Ended up in the ditch at said person's house. I had been turning around to go back for my phone, so I asked to use theirs. Called the hubs and he came and picked me up then took me home; then he had a neighbor help him get my car out of the ditch. A little while later hubs called that he had to talk to the cops and to prepare myself to go to jail. I called my mom who lives not far away. She came over. We decided this is my official wake up call - I will not be given any more second chances. Cops came and took me to the clink. I had to stay until around noon - it was freezing. Yeah. If you never have to detox in a freezing cold jail cell, consider yourself lucky - and smart for never having put yourself in that situation. So far the family has been supportive, which has been greatly appreciated. I think everyone knows this is it and that my attempts to take care of this by myself have not worked and everyone has stepped up to the plate to show support. I am lucky in that regard, for sure.