Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 09-26-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Congrats Camery!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Positive thoughts CG!!!!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Chin up girl!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes CG...and congrats Camery and Elke

D
Old 09-27-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

4.25 hours to go...

I'll let you all know what goes down

On the positive side, definitely not hungover or drunk or been drinking at all, so I got THAT going for me 😁
Old 09-27-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

One way of looking at a positive, and that is GREAT!

Go in, be yourself, and whatever happens, happens....

Please keep us posted. I will be thinking of you today!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi all! Just heading out to my Tuesday night AA meeting. The steps scare me silly so I'm not focusing on it all right now. Simply working step 1. Journalling about how I am powerless over alcohol and ways that my life has become unmanageable.... I still need to feel the fear of the cunning baffling demon that is alcohol.
Great catching up. Especially hearing from you LW xxx
But things are okay and steady which is a blessing in itself. Take care all xxx
Old 09-27-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

So, all over! It ended up going pretty well, I think. Mostly it was about clarifying expectations, but for all parties so it wasn't just one sided, which was nice. Overall I feel better that things were clarified and happy to know that they like having me here but just wanted to open up lines of communication

Phew!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

YEAH!!!!!! That is so awesome CG!!!! So glad to hear it went well for you!
Old 09-27-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks, pal ☺️
Old 09-27-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Today was a hard day for me. Went to my favorite Mexican restaurant with my closest cousins and my Mom for lunch. That is where I have gotten loaded many a times, so much in fact the servers at the bar remembered me. ( yeah, good or bad?) Anyways, it was tough as it was since I know that this will be the last time I will ever eat there for a long time, and this was goodbye. Made it through lunch just fine, even with the margaritas flowing-- I had water by the by. But then it was time to say goodbye...... guess it hit home that I am doing it! I am moving. Granted an hour and a half away, but still. No impromptu lunches, no familiar surroundings or faces, etc.
A part of me is sad, but the other part is so very happy to have a new beginning and a new lease on life.
What an emotional day--- but whew! I made it!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Jo, and glad you are doing well. So very happy for you my friend!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Elke-Congrats on 4 months!
CG-Glad to hear all went well with your meeting today
Jo-Way to stick with the meetings! I'm proud of you for all of the continued effort you're putting into recovery! Glad to hear things are steady and you're here with us!
Camery-Change is a hard thing! I totally get the conflicted feelings of sadness and excitement. Way to be on ordering the H2O!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just catching up on your posts again, great to read how strong and resilient you all are, wonderful!!!
CG - well done for getting through your meeting and with such a positive outcome...
(((Camery))) sending you hugs to make it through the 'good byes' . I know the feeling, all my family are in Germany, which is about a 9 hour drive from here.

Jo, I hope your meeting went well for you, I admire you sooo much for sticking to the meetings, go girl!

Thanks for your wishes, it makes me feel proud of myself too.... Love you all!
I'm going home to Germany next week and need to make some plans for the evenings out with my brothers and sisters, some of them are heavy drinkers. I will have to cling on to my sparkling water because..... IT'S OK NOT TO DRINK
Old 09-27-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

You should be proud Elke-- what a great accomplishment!!! And it is perfectly OK to drink Sparkling Water that is for darn sure!

Glad to hear from everyone! Thanks for making my day!
xoxo-
Camery
Old 09-28-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi all again. I've had a very strange day. Really foggy in the brain and felt a little like passing out earlier. I suspect I'm still withdrawing a bit or maybe lack of sleep. It's a little scary I must admit but I'll ride it out. Another meeting tonight. I'm soooooo tired but will still go as I know it keeps me safe.... xxx
Old 09-28-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Could be a number of things Jo-- take it easy and get some rest. I get like that very easily if I am functioning on little sleep, stressed, anxious, or haven't eaten.

Went to the doctor today-- it appears as if my stomach pain is muscular after being examined. I did get a full gamut of blood done since it has been a year since they ran all the tests. So, the concern is cholesterol, which can be managed. And I got a flu shot since the flu is already rampant here.
Feeling relieved after all of that, and it is a beautiful, fall, crisp day today which makes me happy!!!
Hope you are all having a great day!
Old 09-28-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well done Camery, doctors visit always scare me, UK doctor are a funny lot, they give you 10 min of their time and tell you to take paracetamols for 3 days and only come back if it's not better.

(((Jo))) take it easy Jo, make sure you'll get plenty of rest...

Hope you're all feeling good today my mayflies sending you all some positive and healthy vibes.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Dee, I like your explanation of Faith.... wonderful!
Old 09-28-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you guys I am very tired to be honest. Broke down at my meeting tonight.....lots of tears. I knew it was coming and it was a relief to be honest. To say out loud that I'm scared and that the programme terrifies me.....of course everyone was very supportive and nice. I just can't go through the motions any more. And if getting honest and blubbing like a baby is the first step in the right direction then so be it.
Camery I feel your relief and am so pleased you're getting to the bottom of your pain. You were brave to get checked out so feel.proud of that!
Goodnight all and take care xxx
Old 09-29-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Got my blood tests back-- funny how that works, I see them before my doctor does. I compared them to this time last year, even though none of my tests even back then showed any concerns from drinking some levels were high. It was nice to see that they have dropped significantly in to the "normal range" and I am not sure what she means by high cholesterol-- LOL, it was lower then it has been.... EVER.
Busy day today-- no plans outside of the house today, so a few things to do before I call this packing gig done!
Hope you all have a great day!
xoxo-
Camery