Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 11-24-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Ok and now with that out of the way.....I drank on Tuesday. I don't call it a slip up because I knew it was coming. Don't get me wrong, I didn't plan it, but I've felt the pressure cooker of my life building over the last month and I haven't attended to it. No excuses here. With all of that being said, I am on the morning of Day 2....one day at a time with a few adjustments to my recovery plan.
#1-I will post openly.
#2-Respect the AV. So I've always seen my AV as an insidious little being that lives in my head and rattles around every now and again....and sometimes that is all that it is....but at other times it's an indicator. An indicator that I'm becoming overwhelmed, taking on too much, or not dealing with something emotionally. I've never distinguished between the two until recently. Had I not been trying so hard to ignore it, I may have caught on sooner.
#3-Me first. I love my family. I love my friends. But I need to protect me.

I've come along way since May and I'm not going back. I am committed to growing in my sobriety and I will learn from this. I'm sorry if I let anyone down.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hey Sim-
Don't beat yourself up about it. And, no, you didn't let anyone down. Things happen, and you're a better person for recognizing that and moving on. You've got a great plan, and we'll be here every step of the way.
You're a strong woman, and I know you can do this.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Keep posting. SR is good.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning all! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Today I am thankful for each and every one of you. As I reflect back on the last few months, and the year in general, I know I wouldn't be sober today if it wasn't for this great group of people and SR. You all mean the world to me, and I cherish the friends we've become.

I hope you all have a wonderful day whatever your plan may be.
Lots of love-
Camery
Old 11-24-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hey all!! Wishing all in the states a happy turkey day!!

And thanks everyone for the encouragement and support. I'm humbled for sure.

Hugs to all!!!!! 😘❤️💕
Old 11-24-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Right back at ya CG!!!! Wish I could reach in and give ya'll a
Old 11-25-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Everyone! Thank you for the kind words & support friends I've picked myself up and dusted myself off and I'm keeping on keeping on, moving forward. Backwards is not an option anymore and wallowing in self-loathing and self pity is a luxury, that quite frankly, I don't have time for. So onward and upward!

Overstuffed myself on turkey yesterday and all the yummy fixings (mmm-good)! I've got 4 hours of work this a.m. & then I'm off to pick up grandchild #1 for a sleepover at Oma's.
The hubs has off of work for a week so I'll have extra help on the home front (super sweet).
Hope everyone has a good day and best of luck to all of you Black Friday shoppers
Old 11-25-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone!
I too over indulged yesterday in food. But, it was a good day! Felt antsy all day, and not sure why. We didn't venture out to do any shopping, and I guess I was stir crazy. But the lazy day on the couch was nice too.
Errands today-- off to get new tires on the car this morning, seeing as winter is coming. Yea, good tires a necessity here.
Then, perhaps I will set up my Christmas tree and decorations......
Hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday and Happy Friday!
--- Camery
Old 11-25-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi all and happy thanksgiving to you lovely American folks. I don't fully understand what it is but I think it's about being thankful and eating a lot......a great family time!
Sim I'm the expert here in slips/relapses. You've got so much sober time that I'm confident you can put this behind you quickly. Yes put yourself first. It's essential I believe and great timing that hubby is off work.
I'm still feeling absolutely terrible. Got some antibiotics, steroids and an inhaler from the docs yesterday. Yes I'm that bad. Clearly I need to give up the smoking too but I'm not ready yet. Pathetic I know given that I'm coughing like an 80 year old but one thing at a time. Plus was up at 1am clearing up daughters vomit from her carpet. Sickness everywhere here!!!!
But at least I'm sober. At least I'm staying positive. Plus I've done a little online Christmas shopping so making a start there.....
Have a lovely weekend all from croaky-jo xxx
Old 11-26-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I will not drink. I will not drink. Today my favorite uncle passed. Unexpectedly. My second father and my aunt my favorite person in the world. My family is still in shock, as am I. Feeling helpless as they are in Florida and I am here.
Thoughts and prayers needed folks!
Sorry for the quick short post, but wanted to put it out there. The AV of course is telling me to get the bottle.........
Old 11-26-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Oh (((Camery))) I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost 2 close people this year so I can imagine how you're feeling now. Can you get a little time off to go home or even to Florida? Is your friend with you to comfort you? Please post as often as you need to ok?

Please whatever you do DON'T HIT THE BOTTLE. You can handle this without drinking. You've come so far, handled your job hunting, house move and much more, you can cope without it.

I'll pray for you and your family Camery.

Lot's of love X
Old 11-26-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your loss Camery.

The AV is a low life parasite - the kind of scum that would use a tragedy like this to get what it wants.

It promises relief but it doesn't deliver. As long as it gets it's fix, it doesn't care about anything else.

Keep that AV under your heel where it belongs.

It's ok to be sad. Sadness is normal in grief and loss. We get through it, we process the loss, and then we dry our eyes and keep moving forward.

Lean on us too - you're not alone

D
Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks all!
I didn't drink. I took a nice hot bath, relaxed, and napped. Things have settled in now, so the next part is just dealing with everything that needs to be handled. My Aunt lives in Florida and cant get around by herself, so we have made arrangements for help, and we will be heading down to help her.
Thanks for all of the kind words, and posts. I appreciate it more then you know.
Love you all--
Camery
Old 11-26-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stayed strong Cam

D
Old 11-26-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

(((Camery))) my thoughts and prayers are with you, take good care.

Much love X
Old 11-27-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

(((Camery))) my thoughts are with you and your family. You are doing yourself and everyone very proud and can be present and sober through this difficult period. Lots of love xxx
Old 11-27-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

(((Camery))) You're in my thoughts and prayers friend. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Quick check in after being AWOL for a while. My FiL has been diagnosed with bowel cancer. He's going through more tests to see whether it's confined or spread. Things are very much up in the air here. Mr Floss will probably head back at some point in December, we just don't know how urgently he needs to get back to Blighty. If it's worst case news, we'll all go back. We'd both known such a call would come at some point, it it still sucks to get it. Glad to be sober through it at least.

Camery, sorry to hear your news. Be kind to yourself.
Sim, onwards and upwards. Hope you're doing a bit better this week.
Jo, being ill sucks. Get better soon!
CG, glad that the court thing wasn't too bad.
Elke, hello.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hello Flossy, lovely to hear from you but I'm so very sorry to hear about your FiL.
My prayers for you and your family in such difficult times.

Lots of Love X
Old 11-27-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Flossy-Praying for the best
Well Sunday is winding down. Lots going on here as has been the trend lately. Just finished updating my resume....looking for greener pastures with a less crazy boss Taking control of what I have control over......or at least that's the plan. Attended grandchild #2's first b-day party earlier today. She was hamming it up and loved being the center of attention! Her parents are expecting again so she will have competition soon enough.
My father has been discharged from the hospital just as the hubs grandmother has been admitted with a hip fracture (surgery tomorrow sometime). Its never ending. Such is life, I suppose.