Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 09-30-2016, 11:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Camery that's great news! You deserve a little peace to help you with your move etc.
AA last night was a sobering experience (literally). A girl I'd met last week was there. We had the same sober date. She's had a litre of vodka yesterday and was in a mess wanting to die. Her husband had brought her to the meeting. My God if I'd had any sort of craving yesterday it immediately disappeared. Obviously I was heartbroken for her but part of me needed to see that. It was like seeing the tape played forward before my eyes. I am so grateful to wake up sober today. ......
My weird little brain has now got an image for the addiction when it's trying to get me back. It's Gollum for Lord of the Rings haha!!!!! Little insidious creature.....trying to make me drink "the precious" ......honestly it helps! Anyway enough from this newly sober lunatic lol. Have a lovely weekend everyone and be kind to yourself. Jojo xxx
Old 10-01-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
Thanks Dee! Update-- my doctor called before she left for the day just now. The culture came back negative for infection!!!! So, everything is OK!!!
Whew! Happy Friday!
Outstanding Camery....great news!!

I'm sorry for your friend Jo but you've got another tool in your tool belt now to keep you sober and hopefully she had a learning experience as well to help her on the path forward. Helps to have reminders that this is a life or death struggle and for every "bottom" we think we've had, there's always a trap door. Gollum analogy is a great one!

Almost forgot today was 5 months sober. One day at a time and big thank you to this board...would not be here today without it and a big part of my recovery.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend
Old 10-01-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Awesome Eagle! Congrats of 5 months friend! You're rocking it! Hope the family is doing well!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Wow Eagle that is such an amazing achievement! Been to AA again this morning. That's 5 this week. I'm dammed determined this time. Sobriety number 1 priority end of.
My new found respect for the disease has opened my eyes and I will not allow myself to get dragged down any further....
I am so grateful for you all and for this site......happy Saturday all!!!!
Old 10-01-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Camery-Glad to hear your additional test results came back good! Waiting on these things is never relaxing......though on a up note, things usually pan out.

Jo-Love the analogy to Gollum as well! It really resonated with me. I'm proud of you for all the work you're putting in! My prayer for all of us, is that we may persevere. That we may move from active addiction into a place of living, breathing, recovery. That our bodies, minds, hearts, and souls may heal as we attend to them; not just from the damage of alcohol but from whatever individually led us down the path of addiction. And I pray in that healing we find freedom; not just freedom from alcohol but freedom to develop into the people we were meant to be; imperfect, capable people that are able to embrace life, themselves, and their past. That we would replace our label of alcoholic to over-comers and not just for ourselves, but for those who are still struggling and lost in addiction. Every addict needs an inspiration. A living, breathing example of what life could be without suffering in addiction.
SR gave me that. I wanted what those in recovery had. I was so sad and lost in such darkness and isolation that I had begun to believe the lie that this was my life. I had given up. SR was my pin hole of light in the dark and for that I will always be grateful. The Mayflies were my fellow fighters, my life line during those first days. You reminded me that I was not alone in this fight and addiction. As a result, the shame was slowly replaced with hope. That hope is what I pray we can breathe into others.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

((((Simplicity)))) thank you so much for this xxx
Old 10-01-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Nicely said Sim!!! I LOVE IT!
My sentiments exactly-- you guys have been my ROCK!

Its go time-- I will check in later!

xoxoxoxoxoxox
CAmery
Old 10-01-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday! One trip in the books today!!! A misty rainy day up and back wasn't exactly the best driving conditions, but my new place was all ready! Nothing beats that "new scent" of woodwork, etc. Spent a short while there setting up closets, etc. and back at it again tomorrow. Even though I hired a mover, I am moving small stuff now so the load is lighter, and I don't have to spend the first weekend in my new town organizing clothes, shoes, etc.
I guess I am feeling as if things are "hitting home" that I am moving, and while I am extremely happy, a part of me is somewhat sad. Tomorrow is a confirmation party for my 14 year old cousin and joint going away party for my aunt and uncle who live in Florida for the winter. The invite came last week, and to be honest, I really need to get my things in order, and am not planning to go-- which of course is not sitting well with my family. The response I got when I replied was "one day isn't going to hurt you-- cant you do this on Monday? " Which, sure, I could, but I don't have help on Monday like I do today. Family drama--- LOL. Always seems to get in my way these days. I am sticking to my plan-- it will **** them off, but I have to do this for myself.
Exhausting day today, legs are sore, but everything else is good. My muscle sprain in the abdomen seems to be loosening up, and is healing.
One day at a time, right?
Sorry for the lengthy post and the ramble..... hope you all have a great rest of the weekend. I will check in tomorrow sometime.
xoxox-
Camery
Old 10-01-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Congrats Eagle on 5 months!!!! That is so awesome! So happy for you and proud of your accomplishments!
Jo- sorry to hear about your new friend. And you are right, maybe seeing that helped you. I know it certainly would me.
I had a lot of good car time today to think about what this move would be like if I was still drinking. Pretty sure I wouldn't have felt as good as I did today waking up at 5am to get moving, nor would I probably have even remembered packing half the boxes I did. ( marked or not) THAT in itself was a good feeling!
Old 10-02-2016, 01:12 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I just want to tell you guys how much you help and inspire me. I know there are varying degrees of sobriety here (me being at the bottom lol) and at times that has felt very intimidating. Unachievable. A dream even. I tried posting to September a while ago but it felt wrong. I am a mayfly. I feel safe here amongst friends if I may say that. So as my head gets into a better place I know this is where I need to be. Somewhere I can be honest.
I guess I'm just saying thank you guys xxx
Old 10-02-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no hierarchy here Jo

D
Old 10-02-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Yes Dee it was how I felt about myself that's all......xxx
Old 10-02-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Another day of moving in the books. Done driving back and forth now. The movers will take the rest on Thursday. Now it is time to finalize a few things and get ready for Thursday! 3 more days!!!!!! Yikes......
One day at a time!
Hope you all had a great day today! Early bed tonite for this gal!
xoxoxox
Camery
Old 10-03-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!
Hope you all have a good start to the week today. 3 more days here ( whos counting? LOL) One more day of finalizing things in the kitchen as to what I am taking, and then I am done! Tuesday and Wednesday will be last minute things-- oil change, hair did, etc. and then Thursday will be here before I know it.
Cleaned out the silver ware and junk drawer today. Found my collection of red caps from my vodka bottles. Not sure why they were with the silver ware..... oh, the random things you find when you clean or move. Yikes!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Beautiful sentiments Simplicity and Jo Really moving and inspiring!!

Glad things are going well in the move Camery...amazing how being sober can focus us and allow us to get done what we need to. I'm sure it is very bittersweet for you but sounds like you are taking care of yourself and making a great decision. Appreciate that your family wants you to be involved and wants your presence (quite the opposite with many alcoholics!!), but set clear boundaries like you are doing.

Things are moving along well here...quite busy with the 2 year old (turns 3 this week!!) and 1 year old and still very early with new pregnancy (baby is the size of a tangerine ). One day at a time and trying to focus on the things I can control and giving the rest away. Easier said than done sometimes, but progress, not perfection, right??
Old 10-03-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks Eagle! Glad to hear things are going well for you and your family! How exciting!
My health is getting better everyday -- the muscle pain in my abdomen seems the best ever since the sprain. But, I have been "working it like a dog", so it loosens up a lot once I hit the floor everyday!
Onward and upward!!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Best wishes with your move, Camery03
Hi, everyone
Old 10-03-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in... I'm of on hols tomorrow, going home to see my mum and the rest of the family. I have plans in place to deal with the boozy nights and I'll be thinking of you all. I'm back in a week and want to check in SOBER!
Camery, wishing you a good move and sending you happy vibes to take with you to your new home xx
CountryGal, did you say your going away too? Best wishes for your break,enjoy yourself. See you back here sober sweetheart xx

Take good care everyone, lots of love xxxxxxxx
Old 10-03-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi all! How is every one? Things r good on my end. Been working , working out and losing some weight. A little over 5 months sober. Hard to believe I'm so close to the 6 month mark. Hope all is well with every one. Miss u guys
Old 10-03-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you Purple! Congrats on 5 months! That is so awesome!