View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Simplicity4114

Happy Wednesday Mayflies!
Camery-It's awesome to hear that you're enjoying the new job!! Also glad you and your room mate have been able to patch things up and move one But most of all, I'm glad you're feeling that sense of "home" within the new life you've created for yourself, sober ! You dazzle me girl! Go you!

Elke-Welcome back friend! Congrats on your sober holiday!

CG-I'm sorry to hear bout the DUI. I'm lucky myself to have never been caught driving drunk, not to mention wrecking my car or hurting/killing myself or somebody else in the process. That very real possibility was one of things that led me here to SR. I know this has got to be a very stressful time for you but first and foremost, I'm glad you're ok and it wasn't worse than a dui. Stick close and try, try, try to focus on the positive (what didn't happen) but at the same time go deep to the root of the problem. The drinking. That is what is making life unmanageable. That is what was making my life unmanageable. There is no judgement here, only support and compassion because we've all been there. Saying prayers for you and your family and sending positive vibes your way. You can do this, I know you can, 1 minute at a time, 1 hour at a time, 1 day at a time. If you need help on a recovery plan just say the word as I know there are lots of great ideas floating all around this site!

FlossyTeaCake-Good to see you Sounds like you're rocking that new sober life! You go girl!