Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-20-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Shocking for your supervisor, Samantha; horrid thing for everyone to deal with.
I hope she gets better soon; you stay safe and strong and healthy yourself xx
Thanks Caramel! I keep reminding myself that I deserve better than a hangover tomorrow. I'm worth more than that! 😊
Old 09-20-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

S hope your work mate is ok. Funny how the world pans out life. Ripple effect for you as well perhaps. Got me thinking about the real importance in sobriety of concentrating on the here and now. Remember folks, the worst day sober is a hell of a lot less damaging than the same day drinking.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Re-Member

First day of training at the new job is over. All is good. Going to go hang out by a friend's pool with a glass or five of lemonade. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hello working on day 8 here. Feeling a bit tired from not sleeping much. But I'm here and sober. Dr changed my meds so now I'm taking something that is supposed to take away the craving. if I do drink it will lessen the effects of intoxication so the desire to drink for that purpose it won't even work. But one of the side effects are drowsiness so it makes me crash. Now after that incident last week I see a therapist twice a week for a while. I hope this works this time. I'm sick of falling into the same pattern over and over again.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Keets - congrats on 8 days! Tired and sober sound better than the alternative Praying for you <3
Old 09-20-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Another sober day is complete! Thanks, fellow Marchers!

I think I'll turn in a little early this evening....talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Well the world is a funny place (haha). I seem to be a nexus of stuff happening sometimes. Just stuff. Someone playing a song by the Kings of Leon which my oldest son downloaded for me back in the day. P laying chess with someone here today. The last time was in the cooridor of the Burns unit with a nurse who asked me to teach her to play. It was to assess my social skills and memory- which then were f-ed. Stuff. A sharp reminder to self- be careful. From the end of Aug - Feb is the festival of misery. Xmas, father's day, shared b-day, new year, 7 family b-days- alone. Dangerous time to be by myself. So definitely day by, HALT etc. Lots of meetings, that annoying voice in the head etc.
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...
Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Checking in on my way home. Pom-Cider is the tea of the day....it was almost a bottle of vodka but I played the tape forward. Pretty stressful day today - one of my supervisors was hit by a car while riding her bike to work this morning. She is okay thankfully but she fractured her knee, needed stitches and can't walk for eight weeks. I think the worst part is she is supposed to leave in a week for a dream vacation to Italy that she has been planning all year. Crazy how one event, one moment in time can alter everything. Really puts things in perspective. So it's home for a healthy night at home with Charlie for me....
So glad you didn't get that Vodka (aka poison) tonight Sam! You are doing great!

That's terrible about one of your supervisors! Poor thing. :-(
Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Thanks Caramel! I keep reminding myself that I deserve better than a hangover tomorrow. I'm worth more than that! dde0a
Absolutely you are worth more than that! Much more!!!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
S hope your work mate is ok. Funny how the world pans out life. Ripple effect for you as well perhaps. Got me thinking about the real importance in sobriety of concentrating on the here and now. Remember folks, the worst day sober is a hell of a lot less damaging than the same day drinking.
I agree! ^^^
Old 09-20-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
First day of training at the new job is over. All is good. Going to go hang out by a friend's pool with a glass or five of lemonade. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Glad you made it through your training Casey! I always hated starting a new job. Are you in the restaurant business again?
Old 09-20-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Hello working on day 8 here. Feeling a bit tired from not sleeping much. But I'm here and sober. Dr changed my meds so now I'm taking something that is supposed to take away the craving. if I do drink it will lessen the effects of intoxication so the desire to drink for that purpose it won't even work. But one of the side effects are drowsiness so it makes me crash. Now after that incident last week I see a therapist twice a week for a while. I hope this works this time. I'm sick of falling into the same pattern over and over again.
(((Keets))) So great to see you!!! I KNOW you will do this! You are so strong!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Another sober day is complete! Thanks, fellow Marchers! I think I'll turn in a little early this evening....talk to you all tomorrow!
Woo hoo! A sober day is a great day!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Well the world is a funny place (haha). I seem to be a nexus of stuff happening sometimes. Just stuff. Someone playing a song by the Kings of Leon which my oldest son downloaded for me back in the day. P laying chess with someone here today. The last time was in the cooridor of the Burns unit with a nurse who asked me to teach her to play. It was to assess my social skills and memory- which then were f-ed. Stuff. A sharp reminder to self- be careful. From the end of Aug - Feb is the festival of misery. Xmas, father's day, shared b-day, new year, 7 family b-days- alone. Dangerous time to be by myself. So definitely day by, HALT etc. Lots of meetings, that annoying voice in the head etc. It's life Jim, but not as we know it...
Hang in there PhoenixJ! Like you said, just take it one day at a time.

Holidays are very hard for me too! My birthday in October, Thanksgiving in November, Christmas in December, New Years in January.....I just have a very hard time with holidays. Growing up there was always fighting on the holidays. It was a nightmare. To this day I have so much fear and anxiety on holidays. To be honest, the only holiday I really like is Halloween! Lol
Old 09-20-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Keets- hoping for you the medication helps. Vulnerable place to be in. Of course the very moistest obvious rule is not to pick up the first drink. I cannot- one becomes two, then 10.... The feeling drowsy part is one to be careful of safety wise. Hang in there- overcoming the cravings is important to work through. Second by minute by hour...
Old 09-21-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. My heart is heavy this morning. My husband and I just aren't getting along. It seems like the more I sober up the less I like him.

Does anyone relate to that???
Old 09-21-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Sorry Kiki!!! Just wondering if it happens during your busy seasons a little anyway -soccer season - or if it's brand new?
Old 09-21-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Kik- empathise. When I find myself not getting along with anyone, it usually means I am not getting along with myself. Like now.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Kiki - that sucks...I'm sorry. Have you ever considered going to couples counselling together?
Old 09-21-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!! On my way to work late, and hoping to leave early...lol. Thinking back to yesterday and my struggle to not drink last night....my morning run, the great talk I had with my daughter over breakfast and the positivity I feel right now would all be completely non-existent had I given in. A bottle of alcohol is not worth giving up all of the great things in my life!! Love you all!!