Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-19-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
It's funny you mentioned breath freshener, I noticed the other day my Altoid consumption has gone waaaaaaaaaay down since I stopped drinking
Lol!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hey Casey! Your town sounds like MINE! We have 800 + meetings a week here! Lots of drunks here I guess. Lol
Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Thanks all!!

I know I haven't been posting much, but I still read every post and I'm so proud of all the March Misfits!!

You guys WILL succeed in this.

And so will I.

So will we all.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I know not everyone is focusing on days but I am dang glad to be hitting 30 tomorrow - I think it is what actually is going to help today be a sober day. I'm feeling better, only have ice cream bloat, no wine bloat. Haha. And I need to fit into my bridesmaid dress early October so that is a motivator. If I get really crazy I might pull out my free weights and do some curls. Strapless dress ya know...
Nope you're not drinking today OR tomorrow or any days after that because you HATE what alcohol does to you and so do I! Time to take our lives back! You ROCK apple!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Lol, couldn't very well leave my post count at 151!!

Have a great day!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Lol, couldn't very well leave my post count at 151!!

Have a great day!
I'm still stuck on you in a Porsche. What color?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Arctic White is what they call it. Such a sweet thing, 29 years old now and I'm the only owner.

I want a new Porsche Cayman, but it would be like selling my brother to get rid of the old one.

Everyday car: Subaru. Can't get more middle class than that!!

I still think of that day reading AA in the hospital parking lot. A friend was inside totally messed up. And there I was in the parking lot trying to cure myself. My god, still trying. Time for forward progress!!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Arctic White is what they call it. Such a sweet thing, 29 years old now and I'm the only owner. I want a new Porsche Cayman, but it would be like selling my brother to get rid of the old one. Everyday car: Subaru. Can't get more middle class than that!! I still think of that day reading AA in the hospital parking lot. A friend was inside totally messed up. And there I was in the parking lot trying to cure myself. My god, still trying. Time for forward progress!!
At least you are still trying! :-)
Old 09-19-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Need to VENT!

First of all, I'm sooooo unmotivated to do ANYTHING today and I have sooooo much to do!

Second, I feel I can NEVER get caught up on anything! These are usually the moments I say "F it" and go drink but I'm NOT drinking today!

Third, I'm always tired even though I get enough sleep.

Fourth, no matter what I do I can't lose a damn pound of weight!!!

Fifth, my knee hurts!

Sixth, my husband is being an ass. Anyone ever get sober and realize you don't really like your spouse? Ugh.

Seventeen, the longer I'm sober the more I realize I don't really like people. People are assholes and I don't like them. (I like you guys, most people in AA and my kids) Everyone else can get in a spaceship and move to Mars!

Good thing I'm doing my 4th & 5th step this week!

Thanks for letting me vent!!! Grrrr.

No alcohol for me today!.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

KK - at least you have a working knowledge who is an arse. In Downunderaustralis we pronounce it as in 'Mars" with an 'e' on the end. So you want to send them all to arse with an 'm' on the beginning.
35th- I cannot stand born again sober for half an hour alco's, Some around me. In their case they pronounce today's great change in their life- god, study, god and church, their ex girl friend, their underpants. They remind me of cats. Think they are better than everyone, only turn up when there is something in it personally, an get distracted by bright, shiny things. A lot of them also seem to have an aversion to water.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Kiki with regards to number 3, think about discussing with a doctor eventually. That ties into number 4, too.

My husband is exhausted - I mean, three young kids and a very busy job so it's to be expected - but lately it's been more than normal. I am pushing him to set up a physical/appt.

(Sidenote - not that anyone looks out for my well-being besides myself!!!)
Old 09-19-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Kiki, I know it's no consolation but you can vent with the best of them! Absolute grade A. And that has to feel good at some level.

And maybe it's a good sign, too. I sorta have the fight knocked out of me right now, and that's no good I can tell you. Stay strong, eyes on the prize.

PJ, same goes for you. Use that energy for good things.

It gets even harder, maybe, when the energy is gone.

And it's not just because I can't eat today (prep). Couldn't eat yesterday either (my fault).

Use that energy for good things!! Stay sober.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

pelagic I used to dislike SMART years ago maybe to stale for me, but now I need all the help I can get and I really like SMART I go every Monday going on 6 months
I am 57 and still have not had the dreaded colonoscopy
Old 09-19-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

way to vent KiKi I relate to 3 gotta keep pushing on
Old 09-19-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Bobbieka that is great news what a quick turn around, the hugs I get from my daughter make everything alright. Some of the things my daughter has said to me over the last 3 years of college
Dad going to a kegger crawl talk to you later
Dad the Rugby players are having a party tonight gotta go .
Old 09-19-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

PhoenixJ great posts!
I loved my Australian Sheppard she was a mix we got her from a dangerous household she might not have lasted long, we had her for 17 years.
loving, loyal, great watch dog and loved to play non stop energy.
name? not sure
Old 09-19-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
Bobbieka that is great news what a quick turn around, the hugs I get from my daughter make everything alright. Some of the things my daughter has said to me over the last 3 years of college
Dad going to a kegger crawl talk to you later
Dad the Rugby players are having a party tonight gotta go .
Me: I saw your snapchat last night, where was that?
Daughter: oh, a frat party.

You're right. The hugs from my girls, the look that in their eyes that is no longer there, I think the look was disgust mingled with pity mingled with resignation. Now, they are both excited I'm here.

Phoenix was right, I'm someone new. Someone it is taking time to recognize.

57? ( jk - I knew that) Go get your colonoscopy.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hi guys. I'm still here. Been through a bit of a rough patch. Have been drinking occasionally after finding some texts my husband had sent to a female co-worker of his. We're working through it but it's been tough...trust is a difficult thing once it's lost. :-(
Ugh Mish, sorry you're going through that. Workplace affairs are unfortunately so common. Hope you're able to find out everything that has been going on. It's a shock I'm sure.

A really helpful book may be "Not Just Friends," by Shirley Glass. It's on Amazon and isn't too expensive.

Take good care of yourself and stick to your boundaries. Emotional affairs are so difficult to break up.

Big huge hugs to you.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Morning has broken.. well a while ago now. Cold, rainy- good, but. Can really see person's personalities shining through at SR. Good to see. Honesty is a rare commodity in the real time world. On guy here uses face book to such an extent he 'shapes' (my word) his text carefully so as not to offend. Useful in a way, treacherous and downright pointless in many others. Hoping all you soberiva's are good, rad, awesome, gnarly, top form, withit, chill and your mornafternight is happy. P
Old 09-19-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back and ready to give this another serious go. This roller coaster I have been on is slowly killing me. Going to do whatever it takes this time to stay sober. Being away from SR certainly wasn't doing me any favors.

Have missed you all!!!