Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-22-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Lovely indeed. A bit brighter than the ubiquitous House Sparrow (also imported) so watch for the differences.

I won't exactly call it a "spiritual awakening" but my hospital debacle clued me into one incredibly crucial thing: we're here for each other.

So I'm basically a loner who can put on a good show in the classroom. Time to grow. Oh my, time to grow.
I had become a loner who put on a show for everyone. Hosting charity events, coaching softball and soccer. Never without a drink. Then, I got to the point I only wanted the drink. I definitely wouldn't be here without support. Support I didn't really want at first.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I've been a busy bee. My baby turns 2 next week. How did that happen I've been making his birthday decorations. I keep waiting for my cricut machine to explode from over use I'm still sober and still on paleo. I feel sooooo much better. I forgot what it was like to have energy! I hope everyone is doing well, I need to catch up with what has been going on the last few days.

Happy birthday Ladybug, good to see you back!!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Hi everyone! I've been a busy bee. My baby turns 2 next week. How did that happen �� I've been making his birthday decorations. I keep waiting for my cricut machine to explode from over use �� I'm still sober and still on paleo. I feel sooooo much better. I forgot what it was like to have energy! I hope everyone is doing well, I need to catch up with what has been going on the last few days.

Happy birthday Ladybug, good to see you back!!
Hey! What theme are you doing? 2 is so much fun. Good thing you have more energy. I'm jealous.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Elmo......his latest obsession LOL I gave him a tickle me Elmo and it was love at first sight. The way he says it is soooo dang cute Eh-mo 😍
Old 09-22-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hello everyone how are you? I am really enjoying my new level of sobriety that I have been able to achieve. Staying real busy earlier in the week went hiking along a historical canal. Now I'm camping and kayaking in South Carolina. I'm excited about next week I'm going to spend the week in the North Carolina Mountains with my boys camping and trout fishing trying to have all the fun I can before I can go back to work. My eye is getting much better. I hope everyone is well I'm sorry I haven't been posting much but it really bothers me to read right now. Have fun love you guys
Old 09-22-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Hello everyone how are you? I am really enjoying my new level of sobriety that I have been able to achieve. Staying real busy earlier in the week went hiking along a historical canal. Now I'm camping and kayaking in South Carolina. I'm excited about next week I'm going to spend the week in the North Carolina Mountains with my boys camping and trout fishing trying to have all the fun I can before I can go back to work. My eye is getting much better. I hope everyone is well I'm sorry I haven't been posting much but it really bothers me to read right now. Have fun love you guys
So glad you are doing this good. Enjoy all your time off. You sound fantastic!
Old 09-22-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Kayak have fun camping with your boys, I remember the first time my daughter went fishing with my Dad he told her now we need to clean the fish. My daughter got a bucket of water put some liquid soap in the bucket and proceeded to give them a bath, she was horrified when she found out that was not how ones cleans a fish. I have a picture of her bathing the fish.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

P63- Swallow- African or European? You know, coconuts and Monty Python.
PR- Where are the clowns? There's got to be clowns. Birthdays are great at that age. Perhaps you could dress Elmo up as a non-creepy clown. Serenity- now! Have a great here and now fellow converts, Just remember, if there is no change, we'd smell.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
P63- Swallow- African or European? You know, coconuts and Monty Python.
PR- Where are the clowns? There's got to be clowns. Birthdays are great at that age. Perhaps you could dress Elmo up as a non-creepy clown. Serenity- now! Have a great here and now fellow converts, Just remember, if there is no change, we'd smell.

lol
Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 194? I think. Don't have my calendar handy to confirm. Day three of work training done. One more day to go. All is good. I already knew a couple of people at my new job. That helps. My phone data connection is crappy right now so having trouble trying to catch up, but I just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is doing OK and has a happy and sober Thursday/Australian Friday.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Checking in on my way home from work. It was mainly a desk day today which I normally hate but today I was grateful...I am so absolutely exhausted. Then at 4:30 our Banquets department needed help flipping our main ballroom for an event tonight so I helped there and now need a nap...lol. How's everyone else today?
Old 09-22-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

P
Old 09-22-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

CW- the you rock bit was meant for you. I will find something to blame forv the whoopsie later. I have about the same number, I think. In a far, far better place than a year ago. Go get yourself a decadent coffee. For me- a triple shot latte and 3 sugars, please (while your there). P
Old 09-22-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hi Purp3, how r u?
Old 09-22-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hello everyone ~ and Happy Birthday Ladybug!

Off to my next drum lesson.....I don't know why I still get nervous beforehand.....probably because my instructor claims to see potential in me, so he purposely challenges me, taking me out of my comfort zone. Guess that's just what I need, right? Ok here I go....will check back in a little later
Old 09-22-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hey guys I'm back.....just recently remembered something that I thought I'd share ~ a few years ago I saw a commercial on tv for a rehab facility. I thought I'd be a smartass and drunk dial them, thinking It's 9 something at night....not like anybody's gonna be there....And then someone answered. I was so thrown off that it was an actual person; I talked the poor guy's ear off for who knows how long. I remember him getting concerned when I told him I had bruised ribs from falling and couldn't remember what happened. He gave his boss my # and she called to check on me ~ then both of them called later to follow up and make sure I was okay. I just thought that was so sweet - I even sent him a thank you card for being there on the phone that night. Anyway, I am also extremely thankful for all of you, too! Thanks guys for being here!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Keep coming back it works
Old 09-22-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the bday wishes! It was a really good day and so grateful that my memory of it won't include alcohol, like so many years in the past.

Trying to get my 6 yo to sleep ... I swear she would try to stay up all night if she could ugh!

Hope everyone is doing well tonight. Sweet dreams all!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I already know I'm going to be on edge tomorrow. Sickness! Overtiredness!

Drinking never helps any of that out. But I still hear the whispers and plea for energy.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Here I am again. Have just completed masterpiece mark 2. Meaning I did a practice run on fabric. Different learning stuff. All the staff here are taking a keen interest in it, I kind of think because I am. This includes Mr Qwerty. He is thinking of the best device to move an image digitally. No simple mobile phone for him. So will post once he is happy. The next big challenge is to cut out the images and stitch it onto the burns garment. I know how to sew up tears in leather, jeans and buttons- so that will certainly be a learning curve.
A good equation to recovery. Patience, tolerating others, working with others, organising, multitasking etc. Not just an idea put on fabric. Today for instance- time flew- did not realise it until my little scars were contacting a bit so stopped- had been through out the day going for 5 and 1/2 hours. Rewarding. A lesson in everything for me, it seems. P