Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-21-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Pelagic - I echo Bobbie. We need you here. You are an important member of this class....scratch that...family. Hugs!
Old 09-21-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

LB - congrats on day three!! And no disappearing...I won't be drinking today either!!
Old 09-21-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Attention to all those who see themselves as time wasters. Go outside when it is next dark and look at the moon. I t is the same moon I look at, we all see, share and think about in our common experience in life. For all of us here who think their journey with alcohol is a unique, lonely one - next time it is dark go outside...moon...everyone.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi guys just a quick hello. I have never been this busy in my life, it's absolutely insane. I'm trying to do so many things at once, every night I fall into bed and sleep instantly - rare for me but I'm just that exhausted.
Im still sober but living primarily off chocolate cookies, coffee and take out burgers. I keep thinking I should be horrified at my lifestyle right now, but honestly I'm just grateful it's sugar and not booze. I have some public speaking things coming up and a wedding (my first sober!) so I'll have to start checking in more to stay accountable during that period. Sorry I haven't caught up with everyone, I'll be back tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hello, Friends! Glad to see you all

Watching a Youtube video from a Velvet Revolver concert....very bittersweet since the loss of Scott Weiland, one of my favorites. It's inspiring, though, at the same time. I think he stuck around as long as he did thanks to his bandmates. Hell, those guys managed to sober up ~ SO CAN WE!
Old 09-21-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I was lucky to Scott at the top of his game great show addiction did him in. I saw Alice in Chains and Layne was amazing really great show the following week he over dosed on stage and addiction killed him eventually.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Just want to thank you all for keeping me sober another day. Reading your posts really helped me get through my earlier craving. Was feeling pretty irritable and frustrated this evening, but doing better now. I hate these early day mood swings.

Getting ready to have some Haagen Dazs butter pecan ice cream

Thanks, again, for all of your support. Love you all!!!
Old 09-21-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hello fellow explorers of life. Just finished (another) deep and meaningful with counsellor type person- who seems to be a very wise 12 year old. All about rebuilding self esteem/affirmation. Positive growth- using crappy metaphors, which begrudgingly always seems to work. Still told couns. it was a crappy metaphor. I hate the term self love. I have renamed as such 'Frank". No Freudian connotations. Just seemed funny. Also about personal rights- inward spiritual core growth. A person said to me the other day 'can't you see yourself the same way I do?'. Tricky one that. Good can think about such important needs with sobriety and progress.
[I][/To infinity and beyond!I]
Old 09-21-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

KiKi sorry you are going through this. I do not know if I would have ever asked for a divorce sober, I was drinking for 1 year when I asked for a divorce but this was after almost 30 years of marriage and 23 years sober so in my heart I knew it was right for both of us and she agreed. It is never easy don't rush your decision talk to as many people you can, wishing you clarity and strength in this difficult time.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

pelagic keep posting every day brings new hope
Old 09-21-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Pel- the important thing here is your life. You have recognised there is stuff to work through. Another 'life tool' in your kit.
KiK- basically stuff sucks. Use your strength, which you have got. Try and turn this stuff around. Thoughts and prayers to all, P.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Morning folks! Well I think I have the rumblings of a sinus infection coming on...woke up feeling congested with lots of pressure in my head. I wish today could be a sick day....but I'm at least grateful to have a later start. I'm also pretty happy that it's Thursday - I have Saturday and Sunday off this week!! Woot!! Have a great day!!
Old 09-22-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Nothing new to report here. Happy Thursday.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Greetings earthlings. All quiet on the Southern Hemisphere front.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Hugs Kiki! I've read not to make major changes in the first year of sobriety. I'm sure you have heard similar stuff. Focus on you. Try the counseling. When you know you know.
Yep! Your exactly right! No major changes in the first year! It can lead to relapse.

I'm not divorcing him though. We love each other, just don't like each other very much right now.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone, just checking in on Day 3. Haven't made it past day 3 in awhile so need to stay strong today and keep busy. I want sobriety so much more than I want to drink ... have to keep remembering ALL the bad that follows after that first drink. Kiki - hugs!!! I think you are right to just focus on you right now .... everything else will fall into place.
Thx LB! Glad you hear you are back on track!!! You must be on day 4 now? :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
LB2-many around me relapse because they want instant gratification, to escape feelings of shame or guilt (that works really well) to numb the pain-rarely so they want to feel better. Some say 'stuff it, I do not care- I'll show the world- I'll drink, then we'll see what happens!' What happens? Usually nothing good. Relapses are notorious for becoming worse at each turn. Stick in there. In here and now. Do anything safe- eat tim-tams. Draw a silly cartoon of someone you loathe. Think how duck dodgers would handle the situation. Do anything safe- but pick up the first drink. P
This. ^^^ Great stuff and so true!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Unfortunately, Phoenix, we in the US are deprived of tim-tams. Also, what in the world is a duck dodger? LB - Hang in there. Breathe through the moment. You can do this. Kiki - Makes sense in a way. Sorry about the realization. Maybe you guys kind of have to start over. Get to know each other in a new way. Hugs to you. Samantha - ditto Phoenix - "you go girl"! Applekat - Just finished Smashed. Ready for another memoir. What's next? Good morning everyone. Sorry I'm late. Where are all of our guys? (no offense, Phoenix)
Yes, you're right. I think we need to start over! :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning class! Day 4. Today is my birthday and I am so grateful to be spending it sober and hangover free. Thank you all for being here! Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good morning March Misfits!

Way to go LB making it through yesterday!!

Day 32!