View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Well the world is a funny place (haha). I seem to be a nexus of stuff happening sometimes. Just stuff. Someone playing a song by the Kings of Leon which my oldest son downloaded for me back in the day. P laying chess with someone here today. The last time was in the cooridor of the Burns unit with a nurse who asked me to teach her to play. It was to assess my social skills and memory- which then were f-ed. Stuff. A sharp reminder to self- be careful. From the end of Aug - Feb is the festival of misery. Xmas, father's day, shared b-day, new year, 7 family b-days- alone. Dangerous time to be by myself. So definitely day by, HALT etc. Lots of meetings, that annoying voice in the head etc. It's life Jim, but not as we know it...
Hang in there PhoenixJ! Like you said, just take it one day at a time.

Holidays are very hard for me too! My birthday in October, Thanksgiving in November, Christmas in December, New Years in January.....I just have a very hard time with holidays. Growing up there was always fighting on the holidays. It was a nightmare. To this day I have so much fear and anxiety on holidays. To be honest, the only holiday I really like is Halloween! Lol