Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-26-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Out of surgery and all bandaged up. Here's to recovery from this and booze. Hope all are well.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

AppleKat I know you looked at your days you would have had had you not taken a drink, fallen off the wagon, slipped up, relapsed, whatever you want to call it. I don't think you should look at it that way. You accomplish these strings of sobriety and then drink. You start posting about slipping way before you do. Maybe you should look at that. I know you are doing every thing you can find time for and feel comfortable with. Strategery uses the chats as her home group. Maybe you could do something like that. You are so amazing and intelligent. I pray for you to find a way that makes it permanent for you. So you can get and be everything you want to be.

BBG You know what to do. You have been here long enough to know what you need to do. I pray you find what it takes to push you to that point. We miss your comments and banter.

Casey I am so happy for you. I used to worry that you worked and sat in your apartment too much. You have been such an example for me in achieving real sobriety. Living in the real worl looked so scary and daunting to me. You are doing so well. Thanks for everything you do.

Clearlyheaded Just because we are predisposed doesn't mean we have to become that. Break the cycle. Now, while you are young and can really enjoy your daughter and everything life has for you. I know you can do it. You are so strong.

Fred Not only are you talking the talk - you are doing it all! Thanks for being so steadfast and for letting us know when it's tough and still you are remaining sober. Your life is anything but simple right now, yet you manage to keep the important things in front of you.

immri We miss your witty comments in our evening / your mornings. You have had a rough year and yet you are growing exponentially. I am so happy to call you my friend.

Jemma I pray for you everyday. Please always know that. If things are rough always know I have you in my heart. I pray for you to be the mom that you want and the woman that you are striving to be. I know you can do it.

Kayak63 I guess sometimes when we think we can do it all on our own, God has to step in and say, "See what happens when you leave me out of it?" I'm sorry about your eyes but I am so glad you have had these weeks to really accomplish peace in your sobriety. I love that you are here.

Keets You are such a talented, intelligent mom. I know life has dealt you a ****** hand, but you always rise to the occasion and make things better. Keep on. You'll get to where you want and it will be easier.

Kiki Funny how close I feel to you and have never laid eyes on you. I am so glad you are in my sobriety. I am also glad that you share what you are learning. It helps so much more than you know. Thanks for letting us watch you grow. It is so encouraging.

Ladybug2 I am so glad you keep coming back. Keep doing what you are until you find whatever helps you stick. I love you in our class. You are so missed when you are not around. Not to mention, you really make me worry sometimes. (did I sound like a mom there?) Stay close. Even when you struggle. I am glad you are doing so good now. You really can do this.

LillianGish The soft voice of the class. Wisdom and poetry, brushes with celebrities. Yet you still struggle. This disease is not biased. It chooses from all walks. I'm glad that you are with us. That you share with us. Your words always mean so much. One day, I will be reading your memoirs, I suspect. I can't wait. How you fell into this and how you fought and won.

Mish Sorry about what is going on at home, but I am so glad that you know you have a home with us. We missed you here. You are so fun and beautiful and such a great mom. You will be all of those things better without drinking. I also suspect you will handle your other issues much better without drinking. Prayers for you to find strength to get through this.

Missy7 I would love to hear about your daughters' weddings. I hope you know you are always welcome here, but especially if you are struggling. Hugs to you.

MITA Big changes for you as well. Hope our city is treating your son well. Keep being our leader and showing us what to do when we're in doubt. Speaking to our spouse when we don't want to… falling and getting back up. Thanks for always being our steady rock.

PeacefulRain So glad you came back! Love hearing about your kids and sick husband. You make the class fun!

Pelagic263 I'm truly sorry about your struggles, but I am glad you are around. Someone has to make our collective IQ higher. You bring a quiet intelligence to the class. I tend to pay more attention to my grammar when you are around also. You have been in my prayers a lot lately. Thanks for being my friend.

PhoenixJ Wow. Not even sure where to begin with you. You have lived a lifetime of pain. You remain upbeat and always have great words for us all. I can't believe we are lucky enough to have you in our group - but I am very grateful you are here.

Purplrks You are our energy. You are not given permission to disappear anymore, we need you to keep us energized. I am glad you are doing well. Am ready to hear your first drum solo.
Sam So, do you think it is possible God saw us - many miles apart - and decided we needed each other? You make me bettter. You make me try to get more in my day, try new teas and run! I am so thankful to be running again. Thank you for being in my life.

Spacegoat Thank you so much for the message and letting me know you are okay. We miss you, but will wait patiently for your return. I hope the craziness surrounding you goes away soon.

Thirteenth My friend. Sometimes I want to smack you in the head and say wake up! You are so much more than you see! The world really needs your best you and I think drinking might be stunting your growth a little. Hang in there. Stay here. You know this class needs you.

I really love you all and am so grateful you are a part of my new, better, sober life. Thank you.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Out of surgery and all bandaged up. Here's to recovery from this and booze. Hope all are well.
Prayers for a fast recovery, thirteenth. Hugs to you.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

-Thirteenth I read your post I find it easy to isolate so I choose to make myself get out the house, I took a job driving just a few hours a day but it forces me to get up early and get things done and I have my 3 meetings a week I go to . My thoughts are really disjointed today I have been sick this weekend.
-Bobbieka great post you give great encouragement to all of us thanks.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I did not post in our group this weekend I did read through the posts.
Mediation Friday nothing changed lawyer told my wife what I am entitled to and it is up to us to negotiate a settlement or it goes to court. 1 year of this and still living together is getting to me I am grateful for the tools we have in recovery that allow me to deal with this but I really need to get out for my mental health.
I have a plan time to get to it. Have a safe sober day everyone.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Get well soon Thirteenth!
Old 09-26-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Thirteenth My friend. Sometimes I want to smack you in the head and say wake up! You are so much more than you see! The world really needs your best you and I think drinking might be stunting your growth a little. Hang in there. Stay here. You know this class needs you.

I really love you all and am so grateful you are a part of my new, better, sober life. Thank you.
Thank you Bobbie. I could often use that smack in the head. More literally than metaphorically though.

Still fighting though and I'm sober. I just worry about when I'm alone. Also please pardon any typos as one hand typing is not something I'm used to.

Beautiful post to all.

For reason thanks isn't working here so thank all for posts.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi all. Checking in. Busy day but I'm sober, thanks to all of you. Love you lots.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Busy day running around!! Will be a sober evening.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Spacegoat Thank you so much for the message and letting me know you are okay. We miss you, but will wait patiently for your return. I hope the craziness surrounding you goes away soon.
Thanks yourself, I hear that. Sociopath city here now, haven't had a minutes peace since.

Constant recurring colds and flu and have been triggered constantly. I have drank some.

Day 6 now. Have not been getting to meetings or tending to my own life save for the kid.

On the plus side I have managed to not become victimized or complicit in any crime/evil.

It is actually an accomplishment and I've had some good guidance and mentoring to wit.

Things might well have been different otherwise. Been doing this my while life, anyway.

This post may not make much sense but I hope that all of you here are still keeping well.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Thirteenth - glad all went well. Speedy recovery.

Bobbie - I said before, and I will repeat, you are a gift to this class.

AK - sober night here too! We can do this

SG - good to see you. sometimes keeping your head down is the best course.

Home today after another busy day at work. I looked up from my computer and it was already 3 pm. Since I've been eating lunch at my desk, I decided to go for a 20 minute walk to give me a break from my computer. It was gorgeous out today...chilly fall day full of sun. It felt good. I may try to make that part of my workday from now on. At least while the weather is nice.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks, Bobbie ~ what a powerful message to us all!

Feeling pretty crabby today for no reason....maybe a "case of the Mondays" or maybe the need for an attitude adjustment.....think I'll turn in early and get some more reading done.

"The antidote for relapse is gratitude, dignity, humility, and self-respect" ~ Being Sober by Harry Haroutunian, MD
Old 09-26-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Lovely post Bobbie. You are just awesome you know that? So very happy to have you among us!
Old 09-26-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Bobbie, thank you for such a wonderful and encouraging post. What would we do without you?!

Today was busy, but good, for the most part. Around 4:30 I got hit with a big craving. It kind of came out of the blue and caught me off guard, but I was able to get through it and I am so grateful now that I didn't give in. Playing the tape forward really does work if you actually sit and honestly think it through. Anyway, happy to be putting my head on my pillow sober
Old 09-26-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all, Bobbie, thank you for such a wonderful and encouraging post. What would we do without you?! Today was busy, but good, for the most part. Around 4:30 I got hit with a big craving. It kind of came out of the blue and caught me off guard, but I was able to get through it and I am so grateful now that I didn't give in. Playing the tape forward really does work if you actually sit and honestly think it through. Anyway, happy to be putting my head on my pillow sober
You Rock LB!!!
Old 09-26-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Lovely post Bobbie. You are just awesome you know that? So very happy to have you among us!
Ditto! ^^^
Old 09-26-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
Thanks yourself, I hear that. Sociopath city here now, haven't had a minutes peace since. Constant recurring colds and flu and have been triggered constantly. I have drank some. Day 6 now. Have not been getting to meetings or tending to my own life save for the kid. On the plus side I have managed to not become victimized or complicit in any crime/evil. It is actually an accomplishment and I've had some good guidance and mentoring to wit. Things might well have been different otherwise. Been doing this my while life, anyway. This post may not make much sense but I hope that all of you here are still keeping well.
(((SPACE)))!!! So great to hear from you!!!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I love love loved your long post addressing everyone Bobbie and I love YOU!!!!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-33-a.html