Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-22-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Hi fellow Marchers, I was going to post in-depth about yesterday but thought better of it. Briefly, I show up for the endoscopy in withdrawal. They cancel and send me to the ER. ER doc says they should just do it, Profolol will sedate me just fine. I agree, good stuff. He gives me Ativan instead, sends me home. And all I wanted was a glass of orange juice and to go home in the first place. But such wonderful people in the health profession!! I have NO RIGHT to waste their time and talents with this. They are saints, and we should all bust our butts to make sure we don't make any more undo work for them. So, maybe my presence here is not much use till I get solidly sober. Hell, I took the pre-endoscopy prescription of "clear liquids" a little liberally, that's for sure. Not giving up. Keep up the good work one and all. I believe in you.
You're presence here is ALWAYS needed!!! Please don't leave! If you had diabetes would you leave a diabetes support group because your sugar went to high one day? No.

You have the disease of alcoholism and there is a cure. We need eachother. Love u P!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Pelagic, I am so sorry. That sucks. Just another reason to stay on track I think. " So, maybe my presence here is not much use till I get solidly sober. " You mean here? If that's the case, that is so wrong. We need you here and it sounds like you need to be here. Staying here when you have sobriety? How does that help you. Stay here when you are struggling. When you feel like crap, when you hate yourself, when you don't want to get out of bed - you should be here. We Get It. We have all been there. Hugs.
Agree Pelagic! ^^^
Old 09-22-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I got it right. You mean here on SR. Who are you holding back? The only one I see is you. Let us be here for you. You have helped me many times. I may not always have the best words or even know what I am saying, but I will be your biggest cheerleader and I am a great listener. If you are drinking, post. If you are not drinking, post. If you want to drink, post. If you don't want to drink, post. Come on. We all are from the same hell. Some of us are getting out what seems to be faster, but you don't know what we've already been through before we got here. Don't you dare go away. I personally feel emotionally invested in your recovery. In your happiness and dammit in your wife's happiness too.
^^^^^ Again....DITTO to everything Bobbie said!!! Don't you dare leave us Pelagic!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi guys just a quick hello. I have never been this busy in my life, it's absolutely insane. I'm trying to do so many things at once, every night I fall into bed and sleep instantly - rare for me but I'm just that exhausted. Im still sober but living primarily off chocolate cookies, coffee and take out burgers. I keep thinking I should be horrified at my lifestyle right now, but honestly I'm just grateful it's sugar and not booze. I have some public speaking things coming up and a wedding (my first sober!) so I'll have to start checking in more to stay accountable during that period. Sorry I haven't caught up with everyone, I'll be back tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance.
Hey immri! Great to see you!!! Xo
Old 09-22-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hello, Friends! Glad to see you all Watching a Youtube video from a Velvet Revolver concert....very bittersweet since the loss of Scott Weiland, one of my favorites. It's inspiring, though, at the same time. I think he stuck around as long as he did thanks to his bandmates. Hell, those guys managed to sober up ~ SO CAN WE!
Hey PURPLRKS!!!!!!!!
  # 346 (permalink)  

Happy birfdae LB. Be able to have your cake and eat it too. Way 2 go. A peaceful day to you.
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Just want to thank you all for keeping me sober another day. Reading your posts really helped me get through my earlier craving. Was feeling pretty irritable and frustrated this evening, but doing better now. I hate these early day mood swings. Getting ready to have some Haagen Dazs butter pecan ice cream Thanks, again, for all of your support. Love you all!!!
Yayyyyyy! Great job LB!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
KiKi sorry you are going through this. I do not know if I would have ever asked for a divorce sober, I was drinking for 1 year when I asked for a divorce but this was after almost 30 years of marriage and 23 years sober so in my heart I knew it was right for both of us and she agreed. It is never easy don't rush your decision talk to as many people you can, wishing you clarity and strength in this difficult time.
I know. Thank you Fred. I don't want a divorce. We will be ok. :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning folks! Well I think I have the rumblings of a sinus infection coming on...woke up feeling congested with lots of pressure in my head. I wish today could be a sick day....but I'm at least grateful to have a later start. I'm also pretty happy that it's Thursday - I have Saturday and Sunday off this week!! Woot!! Have a great day!!
Sorry you are getting a sinus infection. Boo! Our son is home sick today too. Feel better!!!!! :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Good morning all. Nothing new to report here. Happy Thursday.
MORNING!!! Great to see you! :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Good morning class! Day 4. Today is my birthday and I am so grateful to be spending it sober and hangover free. Thank you all for being here! Have a wonderful day everyone.
Yay! Day 4 AND your bday! Happy Birthday!!!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Good morning March Misfits! Way to go LB making it through yesterday!! Day 32!
Woo hoo!!!!! 32!!!!!!!! That rhymes! Ha.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Well....everyone have a great day! :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Good morning to my favorite people!

Samantha-I am so excited you get a real weekend off! I hope that sinus infection goes away fast.

13th - Good morning! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Kiki-Have a great day watching soccer and track and all of those things you do!

Phoenix - Good afternoon. Hope all is well in your area of the world.

immri - Thanks for checking in. Hope things slow down for you soon.

Purple- You are doing a great job! You got this.

Applekat - Woohoo! Day 32! (that rhymes)

Fred - Have a good day. You really seem to have lived an exciting life.

Ladybug - Happy freaking birthday!! I hope you have a fantastically sober day!

Casey - Hope Austin is treating you well.

Okay - off to work. Love you all!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Lol, Kiki. Great minds and all of that.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, LB! Sober birthdays are the best, truly.

And I really like what Phoenix said - "a peaceful day to you." Such a simple thing but really resonating with me. A great day is great and I'll take those when they come along. But I will simply strive for a peaceful one. It sounds so....nice.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Happy birthday, LB! Sober birthdays are the best, truly.

And I really like what Phoenix said - "a peaceful day to you." Such a simple thing but really resonating with me. A great day is great and I'll take those when they come along. But I will simply strive for a peaceful one. It sounds so....nice.
I liked this so much, I decided I will end all of my posts in newcomers today wishing the poster peace.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Thanks to all you wonderful people. Thanks Bobbieka, you're quite the sleuth, you want a "bird assignment," a little homework?? Ha ha. The Eurasian Tree Sparrow can only be found in the St. Louis area. Not much to look at but it was imported and that's the only place in North America it found home. I want to see it someday.

Happy Birthday Ladybug.

PhoenixJ, the "man in the moon" is upside down in your hemisphere. I would love to see that, too.

Here in North America you can go outside at night this time of year and hear the tiny call notes of birds migrating south. Millions of them. Such a wonderful thing.

And long ago people thought birds spent the winter on the moon, because they could see them flying south as they crossed a full moon.

I'm doing fine, feeling better, not giving up. And no one else can give up either. Thanks so much for being here on SR.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Passer montanus

Quite lovely.

I'll try and get a picture of one. No promises.

I'm glad you are having a better day.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Lovely indeed. A bit brighter than the ubiquitous House Sparrow (also imported) so watch for the differences.

I won't exactly call it a "spiritual awakening" but my hospital debacle clued me into one incredibly crucial thing: we're here for each other.

So I'm basically a loner who can put on a good show in the classroom. Time to grow. Oh my, time to grow.