Notices

Class of March 2016 part 32

Old 09-16-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Talking about step 9 last night reminded me of how deeply I have hurt my family and others around me. My progress as a human being in the last hundred days or so has been huge and there is no denying that. But, like you, I sometimes feel that the damage could somehow mar the progress. I know everyone sees growth in me, someone comments on it almost every day. It doesn't take away the awareness of the hurt I've caused. We are intelligent enough to know that we are much better today, sober and self aware, as opposed to those times we were drunk and abusive. Growing is a struggle. Life on life's terms and all of that. My sponsor told me recently that God must have great plans for me after surviving my suicide attempt. I think God has spectacular plans for you after surviving what you went through. It's a bit of a big burden, but I'm up for it. What about you? Let's be great together.
LOVE this Bobbie!!! Just keep doing what your doing and continue to make living amends. Everything will be ok! And God DOES have a great plan for you! I know it!!! Xo
Old 09-16-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 188. Not a prime number. But still a good one. All is good here. I was supremely lazy yesterday, which was my plan. Going to finish packing today, go hang out with the family for dinner and hit up a last meeting at my home AA group. Then tomorrow morning I'm hitting the road. I'll probably continue to be scarce around here for a bit as my only internet connection will be my phone when I move. But even if I don't check in every day, just know I'm always thinking of this class and I'm eternally grateful for the solid foundation you guys have given me in recovery. I wouldn't be making these life changes if not for my sobriety and all of you. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday/Australian Saturday. Talk to you soon! You don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!
Awesome job on 188 Casey! Enjoy your new journey! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 09-16-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 188. Not a prime number. But still a good one.

All is good here. I was supremely lazy yesterday, which was my plan. Going to finish packing today, go hang out with the family for dinner and hit up a last meeting at my home AA group. Then tomorrow morning I'm hitting the road. I'll probably continue to be scarce around here for a bit as my only internet connection will be my phone when I move. But even if I don't check in every day, just know I'm always thinking of this class and I'm eternally grateful for the solid foundation you guys have given me in recovery. I wouldn't be making these life changes if not for my sobriety and all of you.
[/I][/B]

Great job on 188 days.

I have to say, as much as we will miss you, I am so glad you will be out in the real world again.

As far as solid foundation, this class is only what it is because of your contribution. You taught us how to be supportive and showed us how we needed to respond to each other in order to be a successful group.

Whatever your future holds, I will always be forever grateful you joined our class on March 13. I know without a doubt you are a large reason I am still here and still sober. Thank you. Don't drink. It's dumb.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! Quick check in before I head out of town for my kid's soccer this weekend. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

I will have 2 weeks again tomorrow and feel very strong. I will never get over-confident again though!

Love you guys!
You are doing a great job!

Good luck this weekend!

Love you too!
Old 09-16-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

New situations, new us. Old us is behind now- it really is to infinity and beyond. Road trips are exciting.PJ
Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm back
Not going to go into detail but just a warning may be a trigger for some so heads up so you can keep scrolling.

I ended up taking some prescription drug I had with alcohol and ended up in the hospital for 2 days and locked up in the mental wart for 3 days. I'm back now sober. I got the help I needed and I think it was much needed. It was my attempt to get real help and make my husband understand I cannot drink not even one. I learned a lot of coping skills but we didn't touch on the drinking. It was for sure my rock bottom though.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you're back and out of the hospital, Keets. Stick close. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just checking in while on lunch break...feeling a little on edge so I plan to stick close to SR this weekend - will catch up with you in a few hours. Thanks everybody
Old 09-16-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Keets - thinking of you and glad to see you back.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
I'm back
Not going to go into detail but just a warning may be a trigger for some so heads up so you can keep scrolling.

I ended up taking some prescription drug I had with alcohol and ended up in the hospital for 2 days and locked up in the mental wart for 3 days. I'm back now sober. I got the help I needed and I think it was much needed. It was my attempt to get real help and make my husband understand I cannot drink not even one. I learned a lot of coping skills but we didn't touch on the drinking. It was for sure my rock bottom though.
Keets, Hugs. Sounds a little familiar. Take it easy the next few days. You're in my prayers.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hey guys, just checking in while on lunch break...feeling a little on edge so I plan to stick close to SR this weekend - will catch up with you in a few hours. Thanks everybody
hey, Purple! Good to see you so early! Will be around all weekend. Hang in there. You got this!
Old 09-16-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I have been AWOL, Casey I see you are past 6 months sober way to go, PhoenixJ interesting posts stay strong, Keets glad your better sounds like some of my not yets. We must smash the idea we can ever be normal drinkers again ( a little AA talk) so true certain meds can be tricky no one said it would be easy.
Purpl resist and Bobbieka thanks for all your support, hey everyone be safe and sober.....Friday Night Lights for me
Old 09-16-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
I have been AWOL, Casey I see you are past 6 months sober way to go, PhoenixJ interesting posts stay strong, Keets glad your better sounds like some of my not yets. We must smash the idea we can ever be normal drinkers again ( a little AA talk) so true certain meds can be tricky no one said it would be easy.
Purpl resist and Bobbieka thanks for all your support, hey everyone be safe and sober.....Friday Night Lights for me
Enjoy your evening Fred. Sounds like fun.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi all! The day is done and it was successful! Glad to have it behind me though. I work tomorrow but it should be a pretty normal day. I feel on edge tonight....like a few others here. I made a couple stops on my way home (no alcohol) and got a peach iced tea and all the fixings to make breakfast for dinner. I don't feel like cooking but it will keep my hands and my mind busy - and be delicious too.

Will check in from home later. Love to everyone!!
Old 09-16-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Keets- relapse sucks big time. You know the drill, know the theory. Observation- you are honest (posted). You are sensitive (concern on the thoughts/feelings of others). Also self aware and sensitive/perceptive and show nrmal concern as to your recent events. Cliché perhaps, but you now are afore armed with new experience and information that can only help better your story now and into the future. A single strand of fibre breaks easily, yet combine many strands together and a strong rope appears.
Un alcies are single strands. The place, plus others (meetings etc) are lots of others that can help us weave a strong rope together. Never forget- the only real moment in time you will ever experience is right now. NOT with you, PJ
Old 09-16-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Oops, pushed wrong button before finished proof reading.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
I'm back

Hi Keets!! So happy you're here and even happier that you're okay. I am praying for you and sending lots of love. Take good care of yourself! We are here for you! ❤️❤️
Old 09-16-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Made it home without a drink....feeling pretty blech, but I also ate too much! Plus I haven't exercised in a couple of days, but at least I'm sober. I think it's been a little over a week now....Sorry, I'm babbling again....gotta be up early but I'll be hanging out a little longer this evening. Thanks everyone for such great company!
Old 09-16-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

P47- I do not think you are babbling, now or ever- so not 'again'. Sharing is valid and important. Even saying such things in a self effacing way only demeans you to your efforts. Living is hard enough and adding a focus of self (which is hard to do in a positive way) through the minefield of alcohol is a burden. I think you are good for taking a moment out of your real time world to share your 'now' story. Have a very good now time/evening/night- stuff. P
Old 09-16-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm already in it Kiki, so yes I'm ready for the weekend

Really glad to see you back Keets - I really hope you can make this your turning point.

Just a hurried hello to everyone else at this point - be back later

D