SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/397574-class-march-2016-part-32-a.html)

Dee74 09-14-2016 04:25 AM

Class of March 2016 part 32

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-31-a-20.html

D

PhoenixJ 09-14-2016 04:49 AM

Hi D, hello all. Just went to a spiritual meeting. As one person shared- when they first were MADE to go to AA in the USA (DUI), he saw the differences- not the similarities. Got me thinking on way home. The guest speaker was an American guy. Someone had said to me before the meeting that all Americans sound the same. The guy who shared sober 13 years. Young, handsome, smart, talented. His name are his first 2 initials (so mine here for example is PJ) . he reflected that when younger- after drinking too much and in a melodramatic mood set off to a pre planned meeting in California. He wrapped his Mustang around a pole. Now how much more movie can you get than that ? Right out of the life of James Dean. None of that mattered. His experiences were in a country half a world away. He could have been telling the group my storys. Commonalities. I learned from his share.

Applekat 09-14-2016 05:06 AM

Good morning! Day 24. I had hoped life would get calmer with one kiddo gone to school for 7.5 hours but I am just trying to tackle more messes and piles in the house. I need to start posting more. And yeah AV whispers that these chores would be easier with a drink nearby.

It is cooler today - feels more like fall - but rainy. Hoping for some apple picking this weekend!!

Hope all my March Misfits are well.

samantha14 09-14-2016 05:40 AM

Part 32!! Woot!!

Back from my run - it is cool and rainy here today too Apple. Kind of a nice change. :)

Today is the first day I have heard my AV in a while....and in a weird way...I have zero desire to drink but still I hear that little echo inside my brain saying "if you drink now you can pass out for the day and not have to worry about anything" My AV must be completely off its rocker though because I know that I would just wake up tomorrow with more worries....a lot more. Stupid.

LillianGish 09-14-2016 06:26 AM

Phoenix that is an interesting observation about commonalities.

Checking in as I leave for my business trip. Vulnerable time.

Hope everyone has a lovely day today!

samantha14 09-14-2016 06:34 AM

Hi Lillian. I don't remember if you mentioned where you were going on your business trip but I hope it's somewhere nice - like Hawaii ;) Whenever they send me somewhere it's either colder than here or its some godforsaken place I've never heard of - lol.

We are here for you - check in whenever you can and as often as you can. Sending you hugs!!

Bobbieka 09-14-2016 06:37 AM

Commonalities was my first share at AA two weeks ago. It was a speaker meeting. The man was a little older than me, had grown up in a rough home. Was a very troubled youth, in an out of juvie and jail. Messed up his marriage, his kids wouldn't talk to him. Alcohol almost took everything away from him. I grew up in a Cleaver household, good student, girl next door type. Messed up my marriage, my kids wouldn't talk to me, alcohol almost took everything away from me. We were so different, but our commonalities were glaring.

Good news is he now is the primary care giver for 2 of his grandchildren and is living a peaceful life. I'm headed there.

Good morning, class.

Phoenix - you have to share your masterpiece!

Samantha - you sleep in and you are still up hours before me. Enjoy your day off.

Apple is going to pick apples. I like that.

Lillian - Have pleasant travels. Tell Al Gore and Engelbert hi from us.

Dee-Good evening.

Have a great day class.

PhoenixJ 09-14-2016 06:58 AM

B - commonalities. Alcohol makes the world go around, huh? I have decided I will share my masterpiece, even though I created it for my own learning. Since it is my first ever- it's intensity for me is very real and very painful to look at, given my year. Taking a risk therefore. Baring my soul, so to speak. You guys may look at it and conclude 'Different, but what's the big deal?' To me it is. I thought for hours before showing it to my sponsor tonight before the meeting. He is a professional artist. Exhibitions, commissions- the works. He is very, very good. I was very aware of his thoughts on it. He looked at it then paused. He asked 'Is this your first art work ever?' Is said yes. 'And you did this by yourself?' Yes. Pause....'.I think you are on the start of becoming a surrealist.' So I will listen to my nagging higher power and see this as another step in learning and growing. Once I get some help in uploading the damn thing- will share. Thankyou.

samantha14 09-14-2016 07:20 AM

I am looking forward to seeing it PJ!!

The commonalities for me are what make sobriety a little easier. It helps to feel not so alone and not so ostracized....even when you relapse there are people who do not judge and completely understand.

KiKi0615 09-14-2016 07:59 AM

Hi guys! Checking in real quick before I head to my AA meeting.

Casey, congrats on 6 months! Woo hoo!

Kayak (((HUGE hug))). Everything will be ok.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Love you all!

Bobbieka 09-14-2016 08:14 AM

Have a great day, Kiki! Take care of your knee!

samantha14 09-14-2016 11:15 AM

Kayak - I am thinking of you and praying for you. Sending lots of love!! ❤️

samantha14 09-14-2016 11:16 AM

Hi Kiki!! Have a great day! Love you too!!

Purplrks3647 09-14-2016 04:38 PM

http://i65.tinypic.com/1534t2u.jpg

samantha14 09-14-2016 04:42 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/2j2yk9v.gif

samantha14 09-14-2016 04:46 PM

Checking in and saying good night at the same time - I am not feeling great...hopefully sleep helps...

Caramel 09-14-2016 04:47 PM

Hope you feel better after a good night's sleep, samantha

PhoenixJ 09-14-2016 05:07 PM

Hello soberites, the old Chinese curse 'may you live in interesting times' will hold true for me today. Radar is up- stuff around me is happening. So am remembering recovery- not relapse, HALTS, sobriety, safety and sanity.

CaseyW 09-14-2016 07:51 PM

Last day at my old job is done. I'm planning on being supremely lazy tomorrow and then finish the last of my packing tomorrow. As I've said in here before--I'm staying with a friend my first month or two in Austin, so I'm just moving most of my belongings into my dad's garage until I find a place of my own. But I'm headed to Austin on Saturday, start the new job next Tuesday. Grateful to be sober one more day. Hope everyone has had a nice one.

clearlyheaded 09-14-2016 07:53 PM

Hello Misfits :grouphug: The commonalities. Yes! It's when I stop looking at the commonalities that I get caught up in my head, which leads to thinking too much, which leads to AV rearing its ugly head, which leads to deciding that drinking isn't such a bad thing. Keep it simple,right?

Something has changed inside me, and I feel like I need to hold on to it desperately. Or else I will sink back into that hole of self doubt and anxiety that held me back for so long. My job keeps me very challenged, especially since I am in the training/probationary period. Self doubt keeps trying to creep in (it's pesky, much like AV!). And I have to pause, take a breath, and push forward. So far, so good. But I'm scared about self doubt winning one of these days. There are a lot of things in recovery that transcend addiction.