Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-23-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi February class- haven't checked in for a while. 24 days sober here and feeling good but feel stuck in limbo a bit. I find the idea of saying 'I'm never drinking again' too much to comprehend so I'm just saying 'I plan not to drink right now' not sure if mentally I'm just gearing up really to start drinking again one day and that's why I can't fully claim I'm never drinking again?
All I know is I'm really enjoying not drinking but unsure if I'm seeing it as abstaining for a while, and therefore I'm not finding it difficult?! Sorry if this sounds confusing it's because I feel a bit lost and confused as to what my future plans are. I know fully that I shouldn't drink again but saying it feels very difficult. All part of the problem I guess. Anyway hope you're all okay in whatever stage you're at
Old 02-23-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

JL, hope you feel better soon. Yes, apple cider vinegar is fantastic for almost anything that ails you. I use Braggs, organic. Im a big fan of holistic remedies. As long as the problem isnt life threatening , of course. I use two tablespoons per cup of water, or juice, 2x a day. Its always helped me.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks, Coco, for putting together that tally. Must have taken you a lot of time! We appreciate it. Congrats on Day 5
Old 02-23-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

As for the last 3 members at the bottom who don't have a date or day, they HAVE posted in the past 8 days but they didn't say what day they were on. They just posted something like "Hi everyone, just checking in and reading posts etc etc etc. They could also just be fellow SR members just popping in to post encouragement to us.

If any of those members ARE part of our February team, and wish to be included in the tally list, just let me/us know by posting what day you are on and I will add you in.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Going to come back and read more on this thread later!! Thank you for doing the tally list Coco!

Day 9... almost double digits! Can you believe I made it to my antsy hour, talked to the lawyer regarding the custody issue over my two oldest kids, talked to someone to apply for social assistance (blah.) talked to my new addictions counsellor, and I haven't had that obnoxious AV pipe up once. I didn't fall apart. I didn't cry. I didn't freak out.

I am actually ok. I am taking steps forward.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh my head Cococo! I have some idea of how much effort you must have put into compiling this list because when I joined the thread mid-February, I was determined to "catch up" with the whole class starting on 2/1 and it was like reading an entire book and it took me 3 days of almost every spare moment I had.

Thanks for caring so much to take the time and make the effort to do this. You are amazing!
Old 02-23-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Wow, Cococo! Great list, thank you- that's really kind of you
Old 02-23-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Just to clarify:-

The members with a date and day in brackets beside their name means that is the date when that member last posted what day they are on. The "day" at the top of their name is where I have manually adjusted their "day" as at today. But like I said, the 'day' at the top of their name MAY be incorrect if they have slipped and reset. We just don't know either way if they don't post regularly. Also, some members posted their day a while ago, and HAVE posted since, but they haven't posted an update on what day they are on, they just made a general post. So, I didn't know if they were still on track or not. Ive ONLY included dates and days when the member actually posted what day they are on.

The members with NO date and day in brackets just means that they have posted today with what day they are on.

Please remember its not a competition. I did this for accountability purposes and to know when somebody has reached a milestone.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
As for the last 3 members at the bottom who don't have a date or day, they HAVE posted in the past 8 days but they didn't say what day they were on. They just posted something like "Hi everyone, just checking in and reading posts etc etc etc. They could also just be fellow SR members just popping in to post encouragement to us.

If any of those members ARE part of our February team, and wish to be included in the tally list, just let me/us know by posting what day you are on and I will add you in.
Thank you! You're awesome!
Old 02-23-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Haven't had a chance to read through- has Chinaski been around?
Old 02-23-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Trying to take care of some personal business and keep running into brick walls. People giving me the wrong numbers, people not answering their phones for hours, people not doing what they said they would do and calling me back. It mainly deals with old hospital bills and old employment. There seems to be a level of incompetence that I can't grasp. Either that or they just don't care. It's frustrating, just needed to vent.

Trying to practice the idea that I can't control other people. I can either get worked up about it or not. I'm choosing not to. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Yes bluedog, sounds like you need a fresh perspective, hope tomorrow is better
Old 02-23-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia83 View Post
Haven't had a chance to read through- has Chinaski been around?
And that's another reason why I made this tally list. We can message a team member who hasn't posted for a while, to make sure theyre ok, and to encourage them post a bit more if they are struggling.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Trying to take care of some personal business and keep running into brick walls. People giving me the wrong numbers, people not answering their phones for hours, people not doing what they said they would do and calling me back. It mainly deals with old hospital bills and old employment. There seems to be a level of incompetence that I can't grasp. Either that or they just don't care. It's frustrating, just needed to vent.

Trying to practice the idea that I can't control other people. I can either get worked up about it or not. I'm choosing not to. I'll try again tomorrow.
Very positive! :0)
Old 02-23-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for doing that Cococo - I'm sure it's appreciated

D
Old 02-23-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks for the list Cococo,

Actually, Im on day four today. But, Im not counting. Its not that I dont wish to be accountable, its just I have a hangup about day counts. Because, to me, every single day sober counts. And my AV always says to me, you just cant string enuff along, can you? Numbers do matter though, it shows progress. I do appreciate your time and efforts though. I choose to just be here, and keep working with my team, about my progress.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Cocola thank you !
Old 02-23-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Just checking in before bed, I'm too tired to hang around tonight! My colleagues have noticed how much better I'm looking now, and that I'm a lot happier. Alcohol really is a depressant! My friend also trusted me to be in her house again today. She kicked me out last month and took away the spare key after coming home to find me passed out drunk. I tried to go to a meeting tonight but I couldn't find it and I was running late anyway so I went home!! I have a meeting that I can actually find tomorrow morning so it's all good.

Coco - Thanks for making that list, we all really appreciate the amount of effort that must have gone into that. Keep focusing your energy on positive things.

Mia - It's recommended in early recovery that you don't think too far into the future. The concept of 'never drinking again' scares a lot of us, you really do have to take it a day at a time, or an hour at a time for some of us.

Delizadee - Congrats on Day 9, and well done for taking those steps to better your life. You're on the right track!

bluedog - People sure know how to be extremely irritating sometimes. I used to get worked up about my customers asking stupid questions or taking their frustrations out on me. Like you said, I can either get worked up about it or not. I got worked up about it before, especially when I was going through withdrawal. Now I'm learning to separate myself from it all.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Thanks for the list Cococo,

Actually, Im on day four today. But, Im not counting. Its not that I dont wish to be accountable, its just I have a hangup about day counts. Because, to me, every single day sober counts. And my AV always says to me, you just cant string enuff along, can you? Numbers do matter though, it shows progress. I do appreciate your time and efforts though. I choose to just be here, and keep working with my team, about my progress.
Hi Maximum

Im sorry I got your day wrong. It was not intentional.

Like I said it goes by a timezone, a control or base, otherwise its impossible to manage. So I just went by my timezone obviously, because I cant work it out by each and every members different timezones. That would require too many hours and too much input. For example: Its about midday here where I am on Wednesday 24th, and tally is as of this morning. However, it might be 1am for another member and they have just clicked over to the next "day", so in theory my tally wont be correct to them, but in actual fact it will be in half a days time when at my end they will progress another day before their day has finished (so they will be ahead).

I know what I mean, I just hope Im explaining properly.

There may be a member whose tally looks 1 day ahead to them because they are behind my timezone. But if they look at the tally in a few hours later, or more, then it will look correct to them because they would've started a new day by then, but at my end Im much further ahead in the day, it may even be evening at my end. It all depends what time each member looks at the tally I guess.

Would you like to be removed?
Old 02-23-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sorry everyone, teething problems, this is the correct tally...

Im sorry Maximus97

Day 35
DramaStudent (16/2/16 – day 27)

Day 30
Knb02 (22/2/16 – day 28)

Day 29
Safeandsound (23/2/16 – day 28)
Tiredofme (5/2/16 – day 10)

Day 25
Mia83 (21/2/16 – day 22)

Day 24
Soberjim