Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-24-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Thanks to folks wishing me well ! I'm not horrible right now, and thankful cause I was earlier today. My wife told me she's checking into a psychiatric outpatient facility on Friday. Thank you God !!!
Said she feels suicidal sometimes and although I've felt that bad years past when I first joined here actually, I now see my point of view was skewed and poisoned from alcohol.
Hers isn't that, and I'm so worried but I can't help her other than being there for her. I'm max stressed too and listen to church preaching on the radio when I can to try to do a better job. It kills me to admit when I open my mouth half the time and some jerk hole stressed out remark comes out. Being an ex marine doesn't help a lick in this situation. It feels catastrophic actually, but then again I'm on day 3 so I'm still a detoxing fool.
Thank you all so much for giving advice and opinions and kind thought.
Ok I made myself cry. I get depressed when I'm sick.
Sorry
Old 02-24-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Time for me to join. Still not feeling great, but I'm of the hospital and on my way. I'll post more another time, just wanted to pop in and join the February class. I'm afraid it's going to be a long night.

Hi all!
Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Gosh JL, I am praying for you! You are having such a hard time right now. My thoughts will be with you, I wish I could be more help.
Cococo, they are doing this game on another thread called, "Pick a member and tell us what you think they look like". I picked you, go and see if I was even close. It's a fun game, I think it would be fun for us to play it here with just our class. If it doesn't take too much away from our trying to just get through today sober! Which has gone well for me today, btw!
Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi GN, welcome

Thanks for posting about your weekend KNB. It really struck home with me, I've had weekends that are very similar......no more. Congrats!

Day 14. I had to turn down a HH invite and did so graciously. Yay, minor victory!
Looking forward to cravings declining at week 3
Old 02-24-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Thanks to folks wishing me well ! I'm not horrible right now, and thankful cause I was earlier today. My wife told me she's checking into a psychiatric outpatient facility on Friday. Thank you God !!!
Said she feels suicidal sometimes and although I've felt that bad years past when I first joined here actually, I now see my point of view was skewed and poisoned from alcohol.
Hers isn't that, and I'm so worried but I can't help her other than being there for her. I'm max stressed too and listen to church preaching on the radio when I can to try to do a better job. It kills me to admit when I open my mouth half the time and some jerk hole stressed out remark comes out. Being an ex marine doesn't help a lick in this situation. It feels catastrophic actually, but then again I'm on day 3 so I'm still a detoxing fool.
Thank you all so much for giving advice and opinions and kind thought.
Ok I made myself cry. I get depressed when I'm sick.
Sorry
I will say prayers for you both. I hope you feel better also!
Old 02-24-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome! I hope to post more when I feel better as I'm still in a pretty bad spot. But I'm not drinking and I know each day will get better.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Are you badgering me
Ha. Should be go Cococo go. You go girl. And yes I am badgering you a little. 😜
Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Day 1

I would like to join this thread to try to find support. I'm on 24 hours now and I'm counting the minutes. I have full of pain and regret and can barely write this.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hi jobei, glad you joined. I'm on night 2 and just hoping I can get some sleep.

Congrats on your decision to quit!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Welcome jobei, glad you're here!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thank you it's scary
Old 02-24-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

It is scary, we can do this. Tonight's pretty rough for me, last I was at the hospital and as rough as it was, at least I had the IVs and vitamins an fluids, etc. I made myself eat tonight and am hoping sleep shows up!
Old 02-24-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're safe at home. Sleep is going to be hard to find for me at least just trying to not think about all the mistakes I've made...
Old 02-24-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Sometimes it helps me to have the tv on, very low, just for the background noise, something mindless, not anything I really want to see. Documentaries, weather shows, reruns.

We'll get through this.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
Cococo will look into supplements at lunch theres a good health shop near my workplace I take multi vits i bought at a supermarket maybe i need an extra boost.
It's often a good idea to run any supplement ideas past your Dr especially if you're, say, on other meds or have any other health issues.

What works for someone else may not work for you, or me.

on that note tho, get well soon JL

welcome back Clownbaby Max and safeandsound.
welcome Welcome Jobei and GoingNowhere

I really can't overemphasise the fundamental truth here, Febbies - you don't have to drink.

When the urge comes you can fight it - come here, ask for help. We will get you through

D

Last edited by Dee74; 02-24-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Going nowhere and jobei... Hang in there.... Day one for me again today....shakes & so much anxiety...so many deep breaths. Overcoming...overcoming.... Ride the crave wake ... Shut up the Booze brain. Do all the things I have been procrastinating. Eat all the chocolate. Take a melatonin. Do it all again. Just. Don't. Drink. Hugs for you from me
Old 02-24-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Oroszlan View Post
Going to get my first test . Heading out to a bar to meet a friend of mine. Going to order some food and drink iced tea. I feel confident. Plus I can't sit in the house anymore.
I really understand this, but don't push yourself to hard too soon Orozslan.

You can meet mates at other places than the bar.

If you go, make sure you think about how to handle likely situations, cravings, being asked why you're not drinking, peer pressure, feeling left out etc...and have a great escape plan.

D
Old 02-24-2016, 09:58 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Going out for a short jog. What's nice is that I used to be trapped in my house. I'd get beer or vodka, come home and drink the second I got in the door, and I'd be a prisoner in the house for the rest of the night because I couldn't drive. Now if I want to go run at 10 p.m., I can.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:30 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Gosh JL, I am praying for you! You are having such a hard time right now. My thoughts will be with you, I wish I could be more help.
Cococo, they are doing this game on another thread called, "Pick a member and tell us what you think they look like". I picked you, go and see if I was even close. It's a fun game, I think it would be fun for us to play it here with just our class. If it doesn't take too much away from our trying to just get through today sober! Which has gone well for me today, btw!
Karen said "I want to choose Cococo from the February 2016 class. I picture her as being in her mid forties, long curly blonde hair, pale skin, pretty, comfortable figure (that means a little on the heavy side by today's standards), dresses in jeans and t-shirts and sneakers, blue eyes."

Cococo replied "Sorry Karen youre miles off"

Short brown curly hair, and quite a lot of it
Brown eyes
Short hairy legs (I don't shave my legs)
Large ears
Average weight
Long tongue
Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Just quickly popping in to say hi and a quick couple of posts

Ive had a good day

I might pop in later alligator