Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-23-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Just checking in before I go the gym. The gym is a peaceful zone, a place where, at least for a time, anxiety can be held at bay. I cannot think of anything else to say, but felt I should check in. Thank you for your posts, which are truly helpful.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Gettin lab work faxed today. Drs office never called so maybe nothing bad. Maybe terrible ! Lol
Old 02-23-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 21
Old 02-23-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I forgot to mention, Sadie I am with you on the Girl Scout cookies. I polished off the thin mints last night, ugh. Better than beer though!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Day 2, no hangover, feels good.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Gettin lab work faxed today. Drs office never called so maybe nothing bad. Maybe terrible ! Lol
Likely nothing serious then.

OOTT: Great job on day 21!

Bluedog: No hangover is a great start. Do you feel a bit less worry/anxiety today?

Day 9 starting off on the right note here. I FINALLY had a restful night's sleep, and it was worth the wait!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
Likely nothing serious then. OOTT: Great job on day 21! Bluedog: No hangover is a great start. Do you feel a bit less worry/anxiety today? Day 9 starting off on the right note here. I FINALLY had a restful night's sleep, and it was worth the wait!
Facing, yep! I think a decent night sleep helped. I was exhausted.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am in a foul mood but I commit to not drinking today. Day 20. How long does it take for the mood to stabilize on average I wonder. Addiction has a way with mood doesn't it? Rhetorical question.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
I am in a foul mood but I commit to not drinking today. Day 20. How long does it take for the mood to stabilize on average I wonder. Addiction has a way with mood doesn't it? Rhetorical question.
I was super grouchy last night, and it hit all of a sudden. I sat and thought about what I'm thankful for and after about an hour it passed. I hope this passes soon too.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
It's normal, Badger, actually expected. Try to figure out what put you in a bad mood and let it go. Not worth ruining your day (or of course drinking over).
Old 02-23-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Day 10. I can related to those of you who are experiencing mood swings. Mine are the worst in early evening, but that's when I used to start drinking so I guess it's to be expected. Just keep telling myself it's going to take time. Drinking again will just make it worse because I will have to start all over again. No way AV!

Thinking of you all
Old 02-23-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Caramel - youre welcome to pop in here anytime. 1 month for you! I bet youre proud yourself.

I do like the semi quiet life. I would go mad in NY for example. Mind you, I like the hustle and the bustle too, just not all the time. A balance is perfect.

Coco is very special to me. Shes a small-medium sized chocolate labradoodle. Shes a really lovely looking dog. Shes almost 2 years old now. Ive had her since 8 weeks old straight from the breeder. I trained her not to bark (she does still bark a bit though, but not nuisance barking), dig, bite, chew things around the house etc (all the things dogs like to do, what a mean mummy). VERY affectionate and loving - loves full on cuddles and lots of pats and tummy rubs. Has never slept outside in a kennel. From 6 months old (after being crate trained) she has slept at the end of my bed, or my sons bed (she goes from 1 to the other) and gets fed a 'raw' dog food diet of salmon, duck, vension, rabbit, possum, turkey, veal etc.....no joking....its third grade pet food grade animals but still. She eats better than us! Spoiled rotten that dog haha!

I lost my second child to cancer 5 years ago, but was then too old to have another baby according to fertility tests, and I didn't have my husband or any man around at the time, so I got her instead (she is practically treated like a child by me) a few years after my daughter passed away
(((Coco))) so sorry for your loss. We are here for you if you ever want to talk. Glad you are part of this class. I love reading your posts
Old 02-23-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Hope all is ok JL. I need to go get my liver checked out. It was fine 3 years ago, but I've had some binges since then and switched from wine to vodka so can't be good

Let us know what you find out.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi peeps

Well its now Day 8 and still no cravings or withdrawal symptoms.

Eight days ago I was paraletic and wanting to die! Today I have no depression or anxiety and am loving life and appreciating all that God has given me.

Saw physchiatrist today and he couldn't believe I'd kicked drink in the head lol.
Got to have a full blood count done and hes also given me some sleeping tblets and a few diazepam.

Life is so good atm xxx
Old 02-23-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 9 is over. Just want to say well done to everyone hanging in there. Over all the withdrawels and waking up full of energy every morning.
Feeling positive about life again and looking forward to new beginnings.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Good job guys this thread has a super positive vibe going.

I am three weeks sober today and feeling good.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
It's normal, Badger, actually expected. Try to figure out what put you in a bad mood and let it go. Not worth ruining your day (or of course drinking over).
Two big banks and an insurance company - LOL. I don't feel so bad now.

Everyone be strong. Day by Day.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 3. Feeling great. Sent out email to psychologist I was referred to. His site looks right up my alley. I think this extra weapon , along with some aa meetings and SR will keep me together. Let hope. Everyone have a happy sober Tuesday!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

So far, even with a poor night's sleep, I'm not sluggish. One thing I did yesterday that may be helping is I took my vitamins. I knew they wouldn't help yesterday, wasn't sure about today, but something clicked.

My diet is pretty crummy so it appears vitamins are essential
Old 02-23-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Ugh, AV just showed up out of now where and is trying to convince me how fun it would be too drink tonight. What is fun about drinking by myself, in hiding?! I just ate a ton and drank some water. Husband is having a bad day at work and isn't in the most pleasant of moods so maybe that is my trigger right now? Have to get through it so posting to get it out of my head.