Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-24-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

cococo maybe you are right. I could be low on iron..will be seeing the doctor in a weeks time to have a liver check so I will ask him about my tiredness.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Waking up on day three feeling better. I like the vitamin idea, I'm going to get some today.
Sansa, I've worried before about what to tell people about why I don't drink, and found out that most people don't think twice about it. I just ordered tea and didn't say anything and they didn't seem to notice or care. Lots of people don't drink or only drink on occasion.
As for the going to work thing, I would love to not have to go but I do have to. My job is super stressful and takes my whole life, leaves me little or no time for anything else. That may get better as I stay sober and am able to get things done better since I'm not sick. But for now I'm stuck with it and have to make the best of it. I pray and ask for strength, and I'm trying to get it all sorted out so that I can get the job done with less stress and time. But I'm open to changing fields completely if things don't get better. I don't want to give my whole life to this job!
I hope everyone has a wonderful sober day! I'm so glad you are all here. I love reading your posts, it helps so much! Here's to all of us going to bed sober tonight!
Its only people like us who have this obsession with alcohol Karen. I use to be surprised at the amount of people who don't drink when they go out. I automacticaslly assumed everyone got drunk like me. I must have looked in a right state. Oh the shame of it
Old 02-24-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Old fart? Really?
I'm 44, and not Iiking the aches and pains starting up at all. Got 3 boys 17, 7 ,and 2. I think I wont have many elderly hobby or age distraught yrs, from being a late bloomer, but you never know. Fighting to keep my 2 jobs and family together is too much sometimes, I feel like.
Had to call in to work today. Pretty certain I've the flu.
I'm really gonna lysol the house today as I'm afraid of my kids getting sick and being out of work like that will cost me my job. They really care nothing about family where I work. All jobs have ups and downs though.
I'm sure I wouldn't get sick as much if I can stay sober.
Doesn't alcohol hurt your immune system?
Ha you toyboy. I am 45 this year. Three kids is a handful but it must be nice to have all those children. My son sometimes get lonely but its too late for me to have anymore kids.
Hope you are feeling better and yes alcohol does hurt your immune system JL
Old 02-24-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Sansa - It depends how comfortable you are with this friend and how much you want them to know. Don't feel pressured to turn up with a detailed list of reasons you decided to quit if you don't want to go there. Just don't order an alcoholic drink, if they question it then just explain that drinking is no good for you so you've decided to quit. Or you can open up to them if you that's what you want. It's completely up to you!

Coco - I'm having to watch my money, but I had to move back in with my parents and drop out of college because of my drinking so I don't have financial worries right now. I'd be getting a job so I can put aside some money for a flatshare and another attempt at education. I'm torn because I'm bored, and boredom is a big trigger for me, but then my daily drinking habits started because I was in a job I hated. I don't want to be rushing into things.

tiredofme - Thanks for sharing that, I had no idea what PAWS so I googled it, something to keep in mind. Hope you feel better soon, keep us updated.
Oldtomato well done for realising your drink problem at an early age. I didn't realise I had a problem until I was in my mid thirties. By then I did a lot of damage
Old 02-24-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Thanks for the list coco. Helps to keep us accountable. I think I may be in a similar place in the world to you? Going by your Timezone.
I am meeting up with a drinking friend tomorrow for dinner. I haven't seen her for ages and really can't put it off. Just not sure what to tell her. There's actually about 10 reasons why I'm not drinking. Not just one. Not sure which one to say, cos they are actually all true. Does that make sense?
Saw my doctor again today just for a check up on my progress. Felt great to be able to tell him I'm nearly up to 2.5 weeks sober. I'm staying on the meds and checking in with him again in about a month
Sansa I cant wait to tell my doctor that I am over 4 weeks clean.Infact, by the time I see him I will hopefully be 45 days sober. His jaw is gonna drop as he has heard me moan about my drinking for so many years lol
Old 02-24-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Omg .. Last night was busy. Trying to read through all the posts. Day 25 for myself. I almost gave in on the way home. Thought it through. Thinking how disappointed I would have been in myself if I gave in. I do not want to go back to day 1. I just want my AV to leave me alone.! Knb02...WOW... 30 days ... CONGRATULATIONS !!! Now to move forward one day at a time until you get to 60 days !!!
Old 02-24-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

If it helps anyone, my intense cravings died down after three weeks. I still get them now but they are bareable
Old 02-24-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
p.s All the stuff I bought off EBay were the wrong size
LOL sorry but this did make me giggle a little been there also keeping things in amazon basket was never a good idea then after wine ordering something and wondering why a lot of other stuff turned up too.

I am from UK.

Congratulations on 30 days.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
Omg .. Last night was busy. Trying to read through all the posts. Day 25 for myself. I almost gave in on the way home. Thought it through. Thinking how disappointed I would have been in myself if I gave in. I do not want to go back to day 1. I just want my AV to leave me alone.! Knb02...WOW... 30 days ... CONGRATULATIONS !!! Now to move forward one day at a time until you get to 60 days !!!
FABULOUS soberjim! You are just behind mine and I am counting on you! I don't want to be the only one in my thirties. Please join me,. you only got five days left.

I could give in now cause I cant find my blasted glasses! Been hunting for them for twenty minutes and I need them for work. I could kill right now.

Sigh. gonna eat a Snickers bar
Old 02-24-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Day 11. It's good to see this thread so busy - hope it continues because it is really helping me. It is a rainy, windy day here ugh. Going go get a much needed haircut this afternoon so I'm sure that will make me feel better (well only if I like the cut haha). Will check back later. Stay strong all and have a great day! Everyone is doing so well. And I agree with Coco and Dee, if you are struggling to get back go Day 1 please post and let us help you.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
LOL sorry but this did make me giggle a little been there also keeping things in amazon basket was never a good idea then after wine ordering something and wondering why a lot of other stuff turned up too.

I am from UK.

Congratulations on 30 days.
Hey! Someone from the UK. Nice one.
Tiredofme I had to wait nearly a month for these purchases too because they came from China. And they were all swimsuits??? wtf

I must have had one of those "tomorrow I am gonna start dieting and exercising and morph into a top model so I need these swimsuits to show off my supermodel body ". lol. And I am short and dumpy.

Alcohol is very cunning
Old 02-24-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
So on old fart like me just has to make every single day count, and be a sober, good, happy and healthy day.
Hey who are you calling an old fart Coco?? I am 44 so we are probably around the same age and we are NOT old farts haha. Just middle aged
Old 02-24-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again knb

D
Old 02-24-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

LOL!! My glasses were on my head.. I ate that snickers bar for nothing
Old 02-24-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hey who are you calling an old fart Coco?? I am 44 so we are probably around the same age and we are NOT old farts haha. Just middle aged
Hey I am 44 too. Forties is the new something or the other. You are as young as you feel. Except for my senile moment when I couldn't find my glasses.

Man I need to get some work done. Not in the mood today
Old 02-24-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats again knb

D
Thank you Dee. My next milestone ..60 days... I can do this
Old 02-24-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Great to see so many people doing well in sobriety. I am trying to get through my kids hockey playoff season, before soccer and Lacrosse get too intense... Doing well, day 24. Have had some moodiness, but you are right knb, the cravings are easier to manage after 3 weeks. I have to be careful. This is when my AV gets sneaky though. Hope to get caught up with everyone over the next day or so.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days knb02!!! Thank you for sharing about your last weekend before sobriety. You have come a long way and I'm sure your son notices the change
Old 02-24-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

30 days today!!!! 30 days today!! 30 days today!!

So guys I have reached a milestone of 30 days with the support of SR, AA, private addiction counselling and my desire to stop drinking. I shall be celebrating with lots of sugar ( AGAIN!!) tonight lol.

I want to remind myself how far I have come and I would like to describe what my last drunken weekend looked like. My mum decided to have my son for that particular weekend and said she would pick him up from school on friday and I was to collect him Sunday early evening. Freedom right? I had the opportunity to do whatever I wanted. I could have gone to the cinema or go shopping and have a nice lunch somewhere..or catch up with friends.
But this is what I did instead.

FRIDAY –
4pm. Finished work. Went to the supermarket and bought four bottles of wine. Decide to cook something fabulous later
5pm.Started drinking as soon as I got home. Checked that all doors were locked and I have set my alarm for tomorrow
6pm. Still drinking. Feeling tipsy. Planning what I was going to do for the weekend..maybe go to the shopping mall on Sunday and buy some new clothes. Grab a bite to eat at a sushi bar. The world is my oyster
7pm. On the phone crying to friends. Sad cause I am lonely, single, not married
8pm. Opened bottle number two. Find anything to eat in the fridge cause I cant be bothered to cook
9pm .Texting exes of mine. Angry that they left me. Getting angry and sad
10pm. Woke up cause I had passed out on the sofa. Drink some more and pass out again.

SATURDAY
8.30am-Hungover and annoyed. Cant look at myself in the mirror.Got to go to work
4pm. Finished work. It was a killer as the day dragged and I had no patience. My hands were shaking, bad breath , paranoid that customers could smell it.
4.15pm. Get home and drink cause I need it. My body is screaming for alcohol.
6pm .Food I bought is forgotten and I order a takeaway instead. Cant be bothered to cook.I buy stuff off ebay. Chat with friends on the phone. Feeling miserable and lonely. Trying to analyse why my life has gone so wrong
9pm.Feel ill and I pass out on the sofa. I somehow broke my wine glass and spilt wine on the carpet

SUNDAY
2am.woke up feeling ****. Drank what was left in the glass. Then decided to drink another two glasses cause I couldn’t sleep. May as well finish the rest of the wine. Makes sense to me
10am- woke up hungover. I drink another glass of wine. I know that I am not going anywhere today. Except to the supermarket to buy more wine. I go to another shop so they don’t talk as I have already bpought four bottles. I get home and I drink another few glasses and then go back to sleep
2pm- woke up feeling so ill. I call my mum and tell her that my car is not starting ( I lied). So could she please drop my son back to me. She says she will and but I need to get my car sorted cause this is the third time my car has broken down in six months ( omg. I lied that many times )
I drink all afternoon. Feeling goddamn awful. Body and head hurts
5pm-my mum arrives with my son. I hide my wine in a coffee cup. She doesn’t notice that I am drunk as my tolerance is very high. I tell her that I am under the weather and cant chat . She leaves early
9pm. My son goes to bed. We have hardly talked because I just wanted to drink and felt too ill to chat. Just did what was necessary.
When he is in bed I start to cry and cant stop. I am drinking and crying. I don’t want to drink but cant stop. Hating my drinking but still cant stop. Immense fear inside me.I cannot live like this. I will die early if I don’t stop. I will never see my son grow up nor see his children. I am so sad. So depressed…hate myself.

MONDAY
I accept that I have an addiction. Enough is enough
Start of my sobriety

I have come a long way! If I can do this then so can each and everyone of you in this class
Congrats on 30 days! I'm so happy for you! I'll have to post my last weekend sometime. Yours really made me think!
Old 02-24-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Its only people like us who have this obsession with alcohol Karen. I use to be surprised at the amount of people who don't drink when they go out. I automacticaslly assumed everyone got drunk like me. I must have looked in a right state. Oh the shame of it
I also always thought everyone was like me. Assumed everyone drank like me and felt like crap the next day. I guess that's another to add to the lies of alcohol list.