Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-23-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi class. It's nearly midnight so I am off to sleep soon. Gonna keep this post short.

Cococo thanks for the count. I think safeandsound has the same sobriety date as me. In about 49 mins I will be reaching my "thirties". Can't believe I have come this far...

I don't understand what's going on with my body because I thought I would be full of energy by now. I seem to be very, very tired this past week..especially late afternoon to early evening. I also have a terrible headache today. My first once since I have been sober. I don't know if it's the sugar I am eating that is causing this. But then again alcohol had alot of sugar content..

Dont know. Just feel really meh today.. Ofcourse I wont drink on it as there is no point. But old habits die hard and I still think of that glass of wine.

Gonna shut up. Night all
Old 02-23-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi knb02, no worries re: tally.

I did read safeandsound post that to you, but when I looked closer you are definitely appear to be a day ahead. I think some might get confused about reading others posts......For example "I'm on day 28" versus "Ive been sober FOR 28 days, that is, Im on day 29". Hey, but if I got it wrong, no big deal, it can be corrected at the press of a button. I wouldn't want to be short changed a day that's for sure!

Did we all celebrate your 4 weeks?!

When I was going through the posts of 1 or 2 days ago I cant recall us acknowledging it.

If we forgot then...........

YOU ARE AMAZING KNB02!!!

You should be SUPER proud of yourself!

You could try cutting down on the sugar and increasing your water intake to see if that helps with your energy levels and headaches. You could also try eating a pre dinner snack around that late afternoon-early evening time to see if that helps as well.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Just checking in before bed, I'm too tired to hang around tonight! My colleagues have noticed how much better I'm looking now, and that I'm a lot happier. Alcohol really is a depressant! My friend also trusted me to be in her house again today. She kicked me out last month and took away the spare key after coming home to find me passed out drunk. I tried to go to a meeting tonight but I couldn't find it and I was running late anyway so I went home!! I have a meeting that I can actually find tomorrow morning so it's all good. Coco - Thanks for making that list, we all really appreciate the amount of effort that must have gone into that. Keep focusing your energy on positive things. Mia - It's recommended in early recovery that you don't think too far into the future. The concept of 'never drinking again' scares a lot of us, you really do have to take it a day at a time, or an hour at a time for some of us. Delizadee - Congrats on Day 9, and well done for taking those steps to better your life. You're on the right track! bluedog - People sure know how to be extremely irritating sometimes. I used to get worked up about my customers asking stupid questions or taking their frustrations out on me. Like you said, I can either get worked up about it or not. I got worked up about it before, especially when I was going through withdrawal. Now I'm learning to separate myself from it all.
Yea, OldTomato. I get irritated as well. I think that's normal. One thing I read recently is that normal drinkers (or even non-drinkers) deal with daily frustrations too. Everyone does. They just don't drink over it. That helped me. Withdrawals does make it worse.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Don't worry coco- we all appreciate it, me in particular because I keep confusing my days anyway!
Thanks Oldtomato, your right maybe I'm waiting for some kind of thunderbolt to happen but instead I'm slowly finding my feet in this sober life quietly- which isn't a bad feeling.
Knb02- I feel so much better the past couple of days for cutting back on sugar. I was feeling exactly like you, and I'm sure it was because my sugar intake went crazy. I've been making fruit smoothies and drinking loads more water and it's helping my sugar cravings. Hope you have more energy over the next few days.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS TO:-

Safeandsound - 4 WEEKS today

Tiredofme - 4 WEEKS today

Mns1 - 3 WEEKS today

OldTomato - 1 WEEK today

Ento - 1 WEEK today

Spadge – 1 WEEK today

Old 02-23-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Mia

Thank you. Its ok, there are bound to be a couple of wrong day counts in there - teething problems. I did double check though. However, one can still get something wrong despite doing that. I don't want to upset anybody with the list. That's the last thing I want to do.

Have a lovely day dear Mia
Old 02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Bluedog

How did you go yesterday? You did well by the looks. That's great.

And youre right about how problem drinkers vs normal drinkers deal with stress/frustration. Whenever I got stressed I craved alcohol. My thoughts were that if I have some alcohol I will feel better and the stress will subside. However, those thoughts were badly flawed because the alcohol didn't make me feel better or distressed. I woke in the morning feeling very tired, hungover and grumpy, and the stress and worries were still there. So I now had more stuff to deal with (tiredness, hungover, grumpy) as well as the stress. And there was NO way I could deal with ANY stress whilst tired, hungover and grumpy. In fact, I got more stressed because I was tired etc etc. That's what I mean by flawed.

I hope you have a lovely sober day Bluedog
Old 02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I will update the tally first thing every morning. Or maybe every 2 days. I'll see how I go.

See you later everyone.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Cococo, today was much better than yesterday, to say the least, despite the irritations. Although with nighttime come cravings, I much prefer days. Actually it's not that Im craving so much vs. it's just when I did most of my drinking.

Hope your day is going well as well.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Bluedog

Hmmmm yeah!!! I understand. You have a pangs at the time of day you typically used to drink. That makes total sense.

I used to drink at slightly varied times. Anywhere from midday - midnight. But more often than not it was around 5pm - 10pm. Im finding that Im craving anytime around the midday - midnight timeframes though, which was not my typical drinking times.

And thanks, I am having a good day. Its a bit of an ok blah sort of day but it beats getting drunk. Im not craving badly, Im just a bit flat which is exactly why I am going to force myself on the treadmill right now. I don't feel like getting on it today because Im feeling flat, but that's precisely why I should be getting on, to lift my mood.

Keep up the good work Bluedog.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I made it home without buying booze again! I was extra glad when I saw Coco's list of dates, that I didn't screw mine up! For me, today is day two. Where she is, I'm already on day three! Very cool. It's day three somewhere!
It wasn't easy tonight. I almost stopped. I had a very hard day at work. Went in at 7:30 and left about 7. Lots went wrong. But, I will be going to bed sober, so it's really okay. I just feel so strange without a drink. But I am kind of strange, so, whatever!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Oh no. Fever chills shaking chest cough hurts. Thank you Lord for letting stop drinking. Kinda feel 911 -ish but that's just crazy fever
Old 02-23-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Wife's doing everything tonight but boy she's yellin at the kids. Ugly right now.
Whatever I post don't believe a word of it tonight. Of course they'll threaten to fire me at work, but that's life at my job.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

JL: Just think how much worse it'd be with alcohol. A 1-2 day flu could turn into a multiweek thing. We're rooting for a quick recovery for you!

And Coco, Thanks for the counts! That really helps.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Thanks for that tally coco that is very cool!
Old 02-23-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take care of yourself JL.

Congratulations to you milestoners

Safeandsound Tiredofme Mns1 OldTomato Ento & Spadge

D
Old 02-23-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
I made it home without buying booze again! I was extra glad when I saw Coco's list of dates, that I didn't screw mine up! For me, today is day two. Where she is, I'm already on day three! Very cool. It's day three somewhere!
It wasn't easy tonight. I almost stopped. I had a very hard day at work. Went in at 7:30 and left about 7. Lots went wrong. But, I will be going to bed sober, so it's really okay. I just feel so strange without a drink. But I am kind of strange, so, whatever!
Haha @ "Its day 3 somewhere". You've been day 3 in my eyes for hours lol

Is it quite late at night where you live? It must be. You must be about 18 hours behind my timezone if its still day 2 at your end when its 2.30pm right now at my end.

My country is the first country to see the start of each day. So my day count is right....so there lol

Karen we are ALL a bit 'strange' as you call it. Im 'strange' too. And strange really isn't the right word. The right word is different. Anything different to us we think of as slightly strange.

Its so good that you joined us again Karen.

Keep posting. Its the only way we can support you. Stay connected to us.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

mns1

Youre welcome. Did I get your count correct? You have completed 3 weeks and are now on day 22......is that correct?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Feel better soon JL!
Old 02-23-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I should've mentioned that the milestones I posted are NUMBERS OF DAYS SOBER, NOT what day.