Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-23-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Don't do it ladybug. Remember to play the tape through to the end. It really doesn't help. In fact, it will only make everything worse. Can you go for a walk?
Old 02-23-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Ugh, AV just showed up out of now where and is trying to convince me how fun it would be too drink tonight. What is fun about drinking by myself, in hiding?! I just ate a ton and drank some water. Husband is having a bad day at work and isn't in the most pleasant of moods so maybe that is my trigger right now? Have to get through it so posting to get it out of my head.
Ice cream.... That helps me! Ha
Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ladybug, you can get through it. I just found a bag of chocolate chips in my pantry and I've kind of created a hidden snack bowl that only I know about. I've just taken a handful of chocolate and it tasted great. Do you have anything you can munch on like that? It's hard when the hubby is crabby too, and mine can have A beer and move on. We....can't...it's zero, or it's 10.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
I lost my second child to cancer 5 years ago, but was then too old to have another baby according to fertility tests, and I didn't have my husband or any man around at the time, so I got her instead (she is practically treated like a child by me) a few years after my daughter passed away
Cococo I'm so very sorry for your loss!

Glad to have you on board and on this TEAM!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Cococo, I cannot imagine the pain of losing your daughter...you must be stronger than you even know!

Ladybug2, I get triggered when my hubby is cranky too...:-)

Also, tonight he will be going out with friends which is also a normal trigger for me because "I'm alone"...not really, because my daughter is home with me! So that just doesn't even make sense!

I'm looking forward to the chance of pushing back against "normal" habits tonight, exercising my OWN will and not that of my AV or of what is actually anything but "normal"...

Let's all hang in tight tonight and rise to another grateful and happier morning than we would if we drank!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Ladybug I def can relate to the " what's fun about drinking alone all cooped up" thing. My mind goes there when I'm bored and have nothing planned. Then if I follow through on it I'm bored and hungover the next day. Which leads to me drinking more to feel better and on and on the cycle goes... It's not worth it.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hope all is ok JL. I need to go get my liver checked out. It was fine 3 years ago, but I've had some binges since then and switched from wine to vodka so can't be good

Let us know what you find out.
I will. Thank you
Old 02-23-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

O crap just read the posts.
Eat away Ladybug !
I'm Goin to when I get home.
AV sucks. A lot. Tell yours I said so !
Hugs y'all. 2 hrs til off.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Coco and OT, I can relate to the "drunk me" vs sober me or REAL me. I don't have these subconscious desires or feelings that come out when I drink. It's a whole different person--a real Jekyll and Hyde situation.

Feeling very down. AV was strong yesterday. H distracted me by asking me to get groceries with him, so I made it through. He is such a good person. But he's not doing well at all. After the drinking binge early last week, he went into a depression and almost stopped drinking. As well as eating or showering. Now he's back on a binge.

Sometimes it feels like I do so much work (for example, two meetings already today!) but it doesn't make any difference.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Once again, reading everyone's posts, it's amazing how much benefit making one change can create. Drinking wasn't that much fun for me anymore, and like I say, I never really liked the sensation of being drunk anyway. I can't think of a single reason that I would start again. Even if I was on the single scene again, I would do it sans booze. Just to be different.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ladybug, eating helps me a lot !! In these early days/ weeks we have to do whatever it takes. I drink in hiding and alone too (hiding it from my kids and even if I have company over because I've managed to keep everyone believing that "I don't really drink anymore"). I'm trying to get to the root of what I'm my addiction makes that out to be fun. What we both know ISNT fun is the next morning, and another day one, whenever we get around to it. Glad you posted, it's what we need to do! You set a good example for me!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I relate to everyone posting about there AV bugging them. My AV is in hyper drive after having a long day at work. My go to was alcohol to take the pressure off.

I so want to stop in the way home.
I want this AV to leave me alone !!!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
I relate to everyone posting about there AV bugging them. My AV is in hyper drive after having a long day at work. My go to was alcohol to take the pressure off.

Don't stop!! You beat AV this time, don't let it beat you. You'll feel down and depressed in the morning and feel awful. My answer to everything is Ice cream, go stop for ice cream :0)
Old 02-23-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate your advice and posts. I am eating everything in the house haha. I got a call from my daughter's teacher that she wasn't feeling well and couldn't ride bus home so that kicked my AV to the curb. A bunch of kids in her class have been out with strep throat and flu A so hoping it isn't one of those. She is complaining of a belly ache so I will be sober and there for her tonight.

Let's all stick close tonight and help each other through. I appreciate you all so much!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
I am in a foul mood but I commit to not drinking today. Day 20. How long does it take for the mood to stabilize on average I wonder. Addiction has a way with mood doesn't it? Rhetorical question.
It's a bit up and down for a while. I think we underestimate just how much damage we do physically and mentally drinking like we did. Our body and mind are great at repairing tho

for me I felt progressively better physically and more constant mentally
after the first month.

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
I had another drinking dream! Didn't have even one until 3 days ago and here I have my second. Wake up so disappointed in myself. The crazy thing is, I didn't think about alcohol at all yesterday. My SO had left or we were separated in the dream too. Ugh. I'll try to have it serve as a reminder of the real life disappoint I would feel if I went there again.

I hope you're all having good dreams and doing well and have a sober day.
The dreams are common. They very vivid and real, but I chose not to attach any importance too them. I still have the occasional school dream, for example, but I have no desire to go back there

Ugh, AV just showed up out of now where and is trying to convince me how fun it would be too drink tonight. What is fun about drinking by myself, in hiding?! I just ate a ton and drank some water. Husband is having a bad day at work and isn't in the most pleasant of moods so maybe that is my trigger right now? Have to get through it so posting to get it out of my head.
If all else fails ladybug re-read your old posts. You have a lot of evidence to show drinking is not fun.

D
Old 02-23-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post

hang in there Jim - you're doing so great. Can you think of other, more positive, ways to relax?

D
Old 02-23-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good Morning Team

Im starting day 5 this morning.

All we need to focus on today is getting through today. Don't think about tomorrow, next week or next month. We will address tomorrow, tomorrow.

Go hard team!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Ugh . Had a cold for 2 weeks. My wife's sick too. Whew I think we kissed by accident or something yesterday . I'm AWFUL today. Lot worse than a hangover actually. Ready to gargle some apple cider vinegar/ water when I get home. I read it's a remedy for the throat. Apologies- no medical knowledge, just miserable today.
I'm so heartened by reading posts today.
I've been watching the mrs go in and out of depression from grief/loss. It hurts a lot to see her hurting. I've noticed that I'm really under conviction about being snappy with the kids, and notice doing it where I didn't before.
Being awake is definitely better than being drunk.
I've a bunch to do when I'm a little more down the road. If I get to Friday and feel like I have most Fridays I'm gonna do something drastically different in irder not to give in. (My plan).- do different, better than the same crap I've been putting myself through.
Thankful for you all today !
Old 02-23-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey February,

Just checking in. A good day. Things on the homefront have finally improved a little. There are good things happening. Its been a long time coming, but there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. Hope, Faith. Sometimes, we just have to wait it out. Thats the HARD part. Because I want things resolved right away. Need to work on patience, anger, resentments. Yep, all parts of my defective self. That my addiction feeds on, everyday.

Ive been very productive today. Got alot of mundane stuff done around the house. And, exercised as well. Now my feet hurt bad, but its ok. I did something good for me. A few sober days, and Im looking around at stuff that horrifies me. Like massive cobwebs, closets in total disarray. Things that need attention. When drinking, I just really dont care about stuff like that.

I feel sooo fat! Its the drinking , the lack of a strict diet, a normal, consistent exercise regimen, my age too. I really want to be thinner, be healthy,and feel good about myself again. I see how much I have neglected about everything in my life, because I was too busy trying to drink my problems away. If only I had been stricter with myself.

Seeking answers in the poison. It takes away ALL my self esteem, hope, incentives, priorities. Most of all, its a killer of my mind, and soul. Never a friend. But, it still calls. What a horrible beast it really is.

So today has been good. I will read and check up later on all the posts. I really love this class, its turned out to be great. So many people, old and new. Glad to be a part of it.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Last night I worked hard on compiling our tally list as I said that I would 2 days ago.

It took a lot longer to do than I thought it would, but that's ok because I wanted to do it, and enjoyed doing it. It also took my mind off alcohol.

PLEASE NOTE that I start any given day first ahead of the rest of you. So, this tally list goes by MY time, not yours. I don't know what time it is where you live, I don't know where half of you live. So, MY time is the control or base as it were.

I only went back 8 full days because as it was that was about 40 pages! I had to read every single post to ensure I included everybody correctly. I haven't gone back to the beginning of February as that would take a week to do. Please dont be offended if I have missed you out. Just let me/us know where you are at by posting and I will add you in. Newcomers will be added as they join.

I have tried my very best to ensure everybodys tally is correct. Please don't get annoyed if I have got your tally wrong. Just let me/us know what it should be by posting and I will correct it.

If you wish to be removed from the tally list, that's totally ok, just let me/us know and I will remove you.

The dates and day in (brackets) is when that member last posted what day they are on. I have manually adjusted what day they are on as of TODAY.

Day 35
DramaStudent (16/2/16 – day 27)

Day 30
Knb02 (22/2/16 – day 28)

Day 29
Safeandsound (23/2/16 – day 28)
Tiredofme (5/2/16 – day 10)

Day 25
Mia83 (21/2/16 – day 22)

Day 24
Soberjim

Day 23