# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2015 Part 5

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-21.html

D
Old 12-08-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd wrote out a reply but seemed to have lost it in the thread change.

Basically Syd I'll have a look into the book. I do eat really well I feel. From Monday to Friday I am strict. I don't eat bread, pasta, white rice, anything processed at all. I don't add salt or any condiments apart from vinegar and olive oil. Today for example I've had

Breakfast:nothing as I exercise early.

Lunch: salmon, broccoli, an apple, a banana, some brown rice and some almonds

Later I'll have a boiled egg and then for dinner I'll have whatever my wife gives me; it will be something like fish, bean sprouts and a large salad.

I'm not particularly overweight. I just want a six pack, even at my age. I'm also live in a place with people whose main problem is that they are underweight.

At the start of my sobriety I was doing well and my weight went from 84 to 79 in about 2 weeks. Since then my weight hasn't budged. In 2009 when I went 100 days I lost a lot and had to deliberately eat more to prevent myself becoming too gaunt, not a good look in your forties.

Maybe it's genetics though my father was never overweight or flabby and he drank daily.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning. Checking in here this morning before my walk.
I got an email from my doctor yesterday late afternoon saying my test results have come back and are very good. All normal including liver function and tumor markers. I am waiting to get them emailed to me so that I can see the actual digits in front of my eyes.
Midton - you eat so healthy! Thats a great example. I eat similar minus wheat, grains, sugar.. Ok gotta walk and I come back as have more to say. I will post this or I will lose it.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow Midton you do eat healthy I'm jealous! Kinda dreary here today,the sun hasn't shown its face all day,oh well a good day for kicking back,no babysitting tonight so I plan on enjoying the peace and quiet😁wheres all our peeps? Hope everyone is well,off for a spot of coffee,have a good one😊
Old 12-09-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Winslow thats what I was thinking.. Where is everybody? Good you keeping busy and enjoy the break while you can. Office xmas lunch today, having sparkling water and I suspect others will be boozing.. Still waiting for my email with the results to pop up in my inbox..
My staff travel tickets have come through confirmed to Europe as leaving in a month. Still worried how I will go with the flying without alcohol.. I am dreading a panick attack. I have said to myself if this becomes a relapse I do not know what to do.. Visiting my mother in the 24/7 medical care unit where she lives is going to be so depressing and sad for me..The disease is progressing and she slowly deteriorating. All this and trying to stay sober is going to be such a test.. I am so enjoying my sobriety and new normal I do not want to loose this feeling.. I will take my valiums well before the flight and hope this helps and calms me down..
It is a month away so perhaps I will even feel better then than now..
Ok I will get back with those results one I receive them..
Midton- your weight is also perfect!!! How tall are you?
I am 184cm tall and currently weigh 112kg I want to loose another 15kg..
Old 12-09-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi guys - sorry, not the best day today for me (but yes, I'm still sober Day 3)

Midton, that is some crazy healthy eating. I'm jealous, too. I had a berry smoothie at Dairy Queen today and it was delicious! I try to eat healthy, but my philosophy is that food is to enjoy and treat myself every now and then, in addition to the mostly healthy stuff most of the time. I'm going to try to do better in the new year

Sydneyman, so sorry to hear that about your mother. My heart is breaking for you. My Mom and I are very close and I worry about her all the time (she's not getting any younger.) You are right, you still have a whole month before you need to take that trip and prescription meds can work wonders for anxiety.

Sooooooo, my day started with a bat sh*t crazy old woman (neighbor) who, out of the blue, verbally attacked me for walking my dog near her house (I walk on the sidewalks and common areas). My dog has the tendency to peak into holes in fences and see what's going on (he's very curious) but he's always on a leash, never in anyone's actual yards and we have been doing this for years. She has a gazillion cats (yes, crazy cat lady) and I'm not sure what she's worried about because my dog has never even gotten close to her cats (separated by fences, etc.) plus I wouldn't risk his safety by getting close to any cats. So anyway... this is how my day started and I've been stressed about it all day. I shouldn't let what people say to me worry me so much but I'm super sensitive and feel I didn't deserve this verbal lashing on my morning walk. I was pissed off for a long time and still am, so will need to take some anti-anxiety meds soon. This is coming in handy vs. using alcohol.

Sadly, because of this and a few other things I didn't get any actual work done and that's stressing me out even more. I think I'm going to call this day a kind of "fail" and watch Supernatural and get in bed. I hope tomorrow will be better. But I'm happy to be here and sober with you all!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Winslow, hope you are enjoying your peace and quiet : )
Ugh, Juno, that would start my day off poorly as well. Then I would replay it in my mind all day, not good! So glad you are going for your medicine and not booze!
Sydneyman, congrats on your test results! That does sound like a hard trip coming up. It is a month away, so try not to fret too much now. It's good that you are mentally preparing yourself already. A lot can change in a month, and you may be feeling even stronger then than you are now. We're here for you : )
Midton, I know what you mean with the stalled weight loss. I lost 5 pounds in the first week and 7 in the first 2 weeks and nothing since then. It is frustrating. I suspect if I didn't eat so much cheese and have a soda everyday, I'd see a difference, but I'm not quite ready to give those up yet!
I've had a good day. It was 10 hours of driving all around the county inspecting houses, and at my second to last job, I hit a wall. I literally could not think straight for about 20 minutes. It was weird. That passed and now I just feel tired. I'm going to put on my jammies and watch some basketball!
Old 12-09-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Syd,

I'm 183 cm. My bmi etc all sound great but my fat goes to my love handles. I might have found the remedy though. Normally I take a protein shake before the gym and another late afternoon. I quit them about a week ago and my stomach seems flatter. I think the whey was causing me bloating.

Griz,

My diet is great till the weekend. Then I go crazy. I'm also a massive cheese fan. I haven't drunk soda for years though. Since I quit coffee about a month ago I've only drunk water.

Juno,

You never know that cat woman might also be a drinker and maybe it's the drink depressing her and making her angry and bitter. Either way I understand how upset things like that can make you. Not turning to drink, though hard, is a sign of healing I believe.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I love cheese as well and am not ready to give that up I do drink diet sodas now and then, but not as much as I used to. I know water is healthier but I can't help the bubbly soda now and then!

Grizzly that sounds like a LONG day. I feel badly complaining about mine after reading that! Nice that you can relax in PJs sober and have a great sleep.

That's what I'm excited about tonight.

I took one anti-anxiety pill and can take up to 2 more if needed before bed. One just kind of takes the edge off the anxiety, 2 kind of make me sleepy. 3 as I found out, make me hallucinate a bit so I'll only do that when extremely needed.

I have a friend in the neighborhood ( a big guy - kind of a rough tough guy as well) and he's prepared to knock on this woman's door and yell at her if she ever bothers me again. He says I'm too nice of a person for anyone to do that to . Nice to have people on your side. I don't think it will come to that, but I do have people looking out for me so crazy cat lady you watch out

Midton, you are right. There is something very "off" about this woman. I always thought so, even before this incident, but now I'm sure of it. She looks like she came from another decade - like the 60's or 70's and is kind of a scary old person who dresses up a lot and wears lots of makeup when she's really too old for that. My Mom in her 70's is just so much more natural and wears comfortable clothes so I'm not used to this beehvie hardo and painted on eyebrow look. Okay, so I was willing to overlook all that superficial stuff and the weird fettish of collecting cats in her backyard (though I never see her feed them or talk to them). But today, I'm convinced something is really off with this woman. I wonder if she has a drink or drug problem, but she seemed to be experiencing paranoia that I was even walking by her house and that my dog might peek in the back yard. Weirdness. Have to shake it off. My friend (the guy who was going to yell at her) calls her "the mean lady." Ugh, gotta find some humor in this day.

Okay off to TV and bed!
Old 12-10-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

All blood tests except ALT-liver - is still up and I am not happy.. It is only slightly up max range is 51 and I am 61.. I worked so hard for weeks and I expected it to be within normal limits.. Dissapointed. On a ore positive note my cholesterol has come down to the lowest ever. And this has been cutting out sugar and eating good fats coconut oil etc.. The same goes for my glucose .. All perfectly good.. I got the results minutes before we walked to a pub for our xmas lunch. I was not happy and people started ordering drinks and the boss put 4 bottles of red on the table for us to share.. I could have easily just had a wine as I was so dissapointed.. But I didnt I stuck to my water and was grumpy.. Silly I know.. Well keep in going I said to myself and have another test in 2 months.. But after all my doc said he was very happy and results were excellent. So I go with that.
Guys I am also a cheese freak, anything from nice blues to whatever really.. Love it. Midton you are in good weight range, we are same height. I am built like a footballer though.
Juno dont let the mad woman get to you. She seems to have serious issues.
Grizz eat whatever , i like my diet soda as well. And will drink it to my hearts content if I want to, better than booze
Had enough for today and going to bed..
Old 12-10-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have patience SM - we didn't into the hole we dug in a few weeks - it's going to take a few weeks to get out of it too.

You've committed to not drinking again - that can only help...I bet the next time you have the test the results will please you

D
Old 12-10-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((Hug)) everyone! I haven't abandoned ship. We've been covered up at work and I am exhausted from it. I know some of you are struggling ((Juno)). I'll catch up at work today ( hopefully). I'm doing good, hanging in there. Depression/anxiety are finally quiet. Now it's a big space of nothingness, but dear Lord I'll get through this too! I will survive! Wishing you peace and happiness. Chat soon as I can catch a little down time!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning (Day 4) - just saying hi before heading off to work.

This has been a challenging week in many ways. I have the feeling it will get better soon. Some good times (holidays) are coming. Let's hang in there (myself included!)

Sorry so brief - but I've got to get going. More later!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sydneyman, overall your test results sound really good! Your lunch sounds rough. Way to go sticking with water! I know you were frumpy, but you didn't drink, and that is awesome!! I didn't have booze in front of me yesterday, but I had to hear all about special egg nog and the right way to drink tequila. All I could think was ugh, no thank you!
Old 12-10-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good Morning...True D..Patience doesn't sit with me well unfortunately. I hear you though and what you say is totally right.
And yes Grizz, looking at the big picture I am a healthy man so should not complain as there really isn't anything to complain about!!..On a more positive note lost more weight as I stepped on to my scales this morning. That put a smile on my face and went for my morning walk. Friday here, we are decorating the office today and my task is to cut out snowflakes!! Each department competes against each other and the regional vice president will judge which department wins as the best decorated office -yawn-. The judging is on Tuesday next week.. Again alcohol is the main topic as we are doing a German Christmas market as the theme. Gluhwine, beer etc.. Cant get away from the stuff, always a reminder and a highlight whenever you turn around to do something.
Weekend is planned as a quiet one at home, finishing up the garden getting repotting and planting etc done. Cant wait..and cooking stuff. No plans to drink, no desire or cravings either, rather be sober than stumble around like an idiot. Also my blood tests are another motivator to keep going..
Juno good going on your day 4! See, wasn't that hard to get back...
Have a good sober day!
Old 12-10-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Syd,

Sounds like good results apart from the ALT (mine was 35 with a max of 45). On the other hand my total cholesterol was slightly high although my cholesterol ratios were spot on. I actually gave up virgin coconut oil after my cholesterol results, just in case.

In other news my gym obsession has resulted in yet another muscle problem, I've strained my neck pretty badly. I'm not exactly sure how but it became sore at the gym and has gradually gotten worse. I really do have to realise I'm not in my twenties any more.

As for drinking I've not had any cravings , or even thoughts of alcohol for a few days. I have no desire to drink. This is the first time I have really felt this long may it continue.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Midton- I am pleased in my results really.ALT can come down to normal levels in a matter of weeks... My cholesterol has never been this low and this is the way for me to eat and nourish myself..
Muscle pin is the worst.. Try deepheat cream or something similar. Here at work cutting snowflakes and listening to radio, so pretty boring really..
Ok back to snowflakes. Have a great weekend group!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I had an up and down day here. One minute, I'm really happy and excited. The next minute something would happen and I would be ready to cry (didn't actually cry, but felt like it). It the end it was an okay day overall.

I haven't had any wine or alcohol cravings, either. I think both of the meds I'm on are helping a lot. I need to get back into more exercise, but I also need to get through this very busy holiday season somehow. At a minimum, 3 x yoga per week for now and as we get closer to Christmas/New Year's, I'm going to add some running back. It's tough keeping on top of all of this!

Sydneyman, we are having an office decorating contest as well. You can decorate your own office (or cubicle) and enter the contest. Winner gets a $50 gift card. Since I have no chance of winning, I will not enter. I cannot win because I'm too busy to put something really clever together and in our office, clever wins. Ah, oh well.

We also have an office party coming up - there will be alcohol there, but I'm not too worried about it. I have been to this same party for years now and they have disgusting drinks like mulled cider (yuck!) and whiskey stuff that I would never touch. There might be wine there, but there is wine sitting in the refrigerator every day at work and I have come to not notice it. It's like I can't drink it, so I've stopped noticing it. Well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it next week.

Midton, I hope your pulled muscle isn't too bad. Everyone else, how goes it? Grizzly? Winslow?
Old 12-10-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey all,late check in for me,Midton be careful with the lifting, Sydneyman,great on the results😊 amazing that our bodies can heal after such abuse,Juno a $50 gift card sounds good just throw something up at least,I decorated my station at work with a tiny tree and a merry Christmas sign,nobody else in the shop has done anything, it just doesn't seem christmasy right now to me for some reason,maybe its just coming too fast,hubs' birthday was yesterday, he got a new tattoo and I'll probably take him to Chilli's on Saturday we haven't been there in ages,usually stick to the cheesecake factory😁 no cravings here at all,a bit of anxiety but tbh that's my own fault for drinking tons of caffeine, smoking and not exercising, need to get in gear,just preoccupied with getting Christmas crap done,everyone sounds great,keep on truckin😊
Old 12-10-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good day overall gang! Sorry about the pulled muscle, Midton. It is frustrating when our minds are saying push it, and our bodies are saying whoa, too much! I had a bit of an issue after running today myself.
Sydneyman, I was cracking up at the thought of a big man cutting out these dainty little snow flakes! Thanks for the laugh : )
I had a really good day at work. I came home and ran then I had all this energy and started laundry, did some vacuuming, dishes, and cleaned the litter boxes. I was like wow, where did all this energy come from?! I'm not usually that productive in the evenings after work. My significant other is sick so I'm getting everything done, and maybe I'm looking at this as a trial run for when he moves next month. My son and I had lived together just the two of us for years up until last year, and I was always the only one to get everything done, but I didnt handle it well. I pretty much stayed medicated to deal with all the pressure. And up until recently when my significant other would go out of town for weeks at a time for work, I would drink so stinkin' much. I don't want to be like that anymore, and I don't want that to be what's in store for mine and my son's future, so I think all this productivity tonight is me deep down trying to prove to myself that I can handle everything and stay sober. I truly believe that I can!