Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

It is wonderful to have such support I am sending out prayers for everyone hurting please hang in there... I'm passing into day 3 and I'm happy because typically after 96 hours the shaking goes away and I can eat... just looking forward to that right now.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

good job everyone! And to everyone who is struggling.

Wow, closing out day 11. Thoughts of drinking still pass over me. I am in a strange state.

I feel odd. I don't really recall having any anxiety today. I was not mad, sad, hopeless, hopeful, overjoyed... it's almost like being numb although I'm not immune to the passing emotions. I'm not in a haze or a fog. I just am. And I'm ok. It's weird. I'm living in the moment.

I also feel kind of like my brain has gone flat. Where I used to be talkative and outgoing in new situations, or at worst I was fearful and anxious, there seems to be a big empty space in my head where interesting conversation used to be conjured up. Like looking back at the peanut gallery that used to occupy my brain and hearing nothing but crickets. lol

Any one else deal with this?? I hope to god it gets better with time- I feel like I'm absolutely flopping at this job searching business.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Delizadee, maybe that space has opened up in your head to allow you to better listen to others . Something I've been working on...instead of always waiting for the gap in the conversation to say witty things about myself.
Good luck on the job search, it can be discouraging at times for sure.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thank you Cococo!

I love the list.
It makes us more accountable.
Day 7 tomorrow woot woot!

For everyone going through withdrawals it .gets so much better, hang on. My heinous withdrawal was last summer and I really struggled with anxiety and insomnia. It's incredible how much anxiety decreases after 3 to 4 weeks sober. Luckily this last slip did not throw me in withdrawal, but I remember it well. Horrible, horrible
Old 02-25-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on a week Sadie

D
Old 02-25-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Delizadee

I have the same empty head feeling too usually mid day when i can't seem to focus on the task at hand. I do have to admit though that the mornings are great. Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks sober so i am hoping that will subside soon.

I also want to give a shout out to Dee for letting me know this thread(Class of Feb. 2016 ) had started. I tried to start a new one duh?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

From the bottom of my heart, thank you everyone for the support! I was able to stay sober tonight thanks to all of your posts. I thought it through and had candy instead.

Thank you everyone!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Yay FF!!!

PS Girl Scout cookies work too
Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Gnight class!!! Read all the posts and now it's time for bed. Xo
Old 02-25-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jimmy

D
Old 02-25-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Good job, FF.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:38 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Hey everyone, I know you are all probably sick of hearing me say this, but today is my new day one. I had a serious relapse over the weekend, and my sister flew out here to help me detox. 8:00 tonight was 24 hours sober. I have felt better each day this week, and successfully ended a three day taper. I started seeing a new therapist on Tusday, and he is helping me develop some tools for restoring my positive outlook on the world, as well as slowly work through some unresolved trauma.

Additionally, now that I am done tapering and am starting to feel more normal, I can venture out for meetings.

My sister has been super supportive in helping me stick to a taper schedule. She made sure I was eating and not just being a lump in bed all day. She also has been very good about listening to me talk about how my world view has slowly turned to darkness with all of the bad news constantly happening around me. Just saying it out loud to her and my therapist has helped me start to let it go.

So that's that. I'm off to hopefully get another good night's sleep and look at the world through sober eyes for a second day.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sweatyhands if recovery was exact science no one would have trouble with it. Its been about 50 hours since I last drank and all the loathing is setting in of all the awful mistakes I've made... can't change the past can only try to do right from here on out. Life is so hard and there's nothing alcohol won't make harder I'm pulling for you try not to beat yourself up and take it slow.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hi all. No self-loathing allowed Jobei. We are all in this together remember?

Day 25 here.

Gotta dash, I'm off to work. Hang in there everyone ❤️
Old 02-25-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nobody's sick of anything guys. We've been there - you'll find support and understanding here

it is time for a new thread part tho - please join us here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D