Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 6

Old 02-28-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Thump, congrats on 30 days, nicely done my friend!!!

Sunflower, sorry things aren't going great with the DH right now, proud of you for not drinking, and also for asking him not, and the fact that he didn't, even if you were less than thrilled with his response.

Off to bed soon to be ready for the week. Tomorrow when I wake up it will be 60 days, not too shabby!!

Hope everyone has a goodnight sleep, and a great start to their work week.

❤️ Delilah
Old 02-29-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

congrats to everyone on your milestones...cant believe it is march tomorrow and we are still going strong.. The January clan is strong.

for those that are thinking of leaving.. please don't, i say this for purley selfish reasons, but reading anything and everything from you guys really does help, and i thank you all greatly

so... day 43 here. and wow the last week has been tough. I think all the self satisfaction of getting to a month and then on to six weeks you trick yourself into thinking you're cured.

this next part might seem like a bit of a ramble

ok, i have (like i am sure we all do) been googling like crazy to see how my recovery compares to others, am i having a cake walk or making a meal of it. I stumbled on a blog by someone, can't remember who, that was talking about the stages of kicking the booze. i found it interesting that the writer had highlighted that some people are better at some parts than others... much like a triathlete .. some can swim, others run...and hell, we can all ride a bike right?

anyway i have been pretty good at the first part.. the stubbornness to give up cold turkey and refuse to drink... i am struggling now as i think my motivation is waning.. i am feeling and looking a lot better, the memories of the hangovers, shakes, vomiting and lethargy are fading fast.. the better i am physically the less motivation i seem to have.
soooo... i need new goal, and i think that for me it will be exercise, i need some goals to set, something i can throw myself into...i have had an idea, i think i have just talked myself into doing a triathlon...

i am going to sign up to a triathlon today (maybe a half one) so i have something to work to

not sure what my motivation will be when i have ticked this task off the list..maybe something a little more gentile like knitting.... who needs a scarf for next winter?

i just want to clarify that i do have motivation in the form of my beautiful wife and 2 year old son.... but i need a personal target, something to beat down that bloody annoying voice in my head telling me that i am cured.

told you it would be a ramble
Old 02-29-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Thump, Happy 30 days!! You are awesome my friend!

Delilah congrats on 60 days!! What a great feeling that must be!
Old 02-29-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Thump, congrats on 30 days, nicely done my friend!!! Sunflower, sorry things aren't going great with the DH right now, proud of you for not drinking, and also for asking him not, and the fact that he didn't, even if you were less than thrilled with his response. Off to bed soon to be ready for the week. Tomorrow when I wake up it will be 60 days, not too shabby!! Hope everyone has a goodnight sleep, and a great start to their work week. ❤️ Delilah
Thank you. You are right, I should just be grateful
That he didn't drink. He is off again today but I am going to try to stay away from him if possible.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Haris2014 View Post
congrats to everyone on your milestones...cant believe it is march tomorrow and we are still going strong.. The January clan is strong. for those that are thinking of leaving.. please don't, i say this for purley selfish reasons, but reading anything and everything from you guys really does help, and i thank you all greatly so... day 43 here. and wow the last week has been tough. I think all the self satisfaction of getting to a month and then on to six weeks you trick yourself into thinking you're cured. this next part might seem like a bit of a ramble ok, i have (like i am sure we all do) been googling like crazy to see how my recovery compares to others, am i having a cake walk or making a meal of it. I stumbled on a blog by someone, can't remember who, that was talking about the stages of kicking the booze. i found it interesting that the writer had highlighted that some people are better at some parts than others... much like a triathlete .. some can swim, others run...and hell, we can all ride a bike right? anyway i have been pretty good at the first part.. the stubbornness to give up cold turkey and refuse to drink... i am struggling now as i think my motivation is waning.. i am feeling and looking a lot better, the memories of the hangovers, shakes, vomiting and lethargy are fading fast.. the better i am physically the less motivation i seem to have. soooo... i need new goal, and i think that for me it will be exercise, i need some goals to set, something i can throw myself into...i have had an idea, i think i have just talked myself into doing a triathlon... i am going to sign up to a triathlon today (maybe a half one) so i have something to work to not sure what my motivation will be when i have ticked this task off the list..maybe something a little more gentile like knitting.... who needs a scarf for next winter? i just want to clarify that i do have motivation in the form of my beautiful wife and 2 year old son.... but i need a personal target, something to beat down that bloody annoying voice in my head telling me that i am cured. told you it would be a ramble
Harris, I can completely relate as I have lost motivation as well an love having other attainable goals for myself. A triathlon sounds intense but like a great target!! I can't wait to hear how your training goes. Good luck and I loved your "ramble." It's great to hear more about you

Oh, and if you want some knitting needles I have plenty I am not using
Old 02-29-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Woke up with a smile on my face and very thankful and grateful to celebrate 60 days Today!! Whoop-whoop!-

Congratulations to my fellow 60-dayers!

I second what everyone else said to you JSC---we are all in this together and together we make each other stronger and better. Hope you check in and let us know you're doing.

I'm here at 60 days due in large part to the support, advice and love from our class and everyone else at SR!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS to all the 60 dayers and those with other milestones!!!!!

You're all amazing and inspirational and you really keep me motivated. Love you all xx ❤️
Old 02-29-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Haris2014 View Post
congrats to everyone on your milestones...cant believe it is march tomorrow and we are still going strong.. The January clan is strong.

for those that are thinking of leaving.. please don't, i say this for purley selfish reasons, but reading anything and everything from you guys really does help, and i thank you all greatly

so... day 43 here. and wow the last week has been tough. I think all the self satisfaction of getting to a month and then on to six weeks you trick yourself into thinking you're cured.

this next part might seem like a bit of a ramble

ok, i have (like i am sure we all do) been googling like crazy to see how my recovery compares to others, am i having a cake walk or making a meal of it. I stumbled on a blog by someone, can't remember who, that was talking about the stages of kicking the booze. i found it interesting that the writer had highlighted that some people are better at some parts than others... much like a triathlete .. some can swim, others run...and hell, we can all ride a bike right?

anyway i have been pretty good at the first part.. the stubbornness to give up cold turkey and refuse to drink... i am struggling now as i think my motivation is waning.. i am feeling and looking a lot better, the memories of the hangovers, shakes, vomiting and lethargy are fading fast.. the better i am physically the less motivation i seem to have.
soooo... i need new goal, and i think that for me it will be exercise, i need some goals to set, something i can throw myself into...i have had an idea, i think i have just talked myself into doing a triathlon...

i am going to sign up to a triathlon today (maybe a half one) so i have something to work to

not sure what my motivation will be when i have ticked this task off the list..maybe something a little more gentile like knitting.... who needs a scarf for next winter?

i just want to clarify that i do have motivation in the form of my beautiful wife and 2 year old son.... but i need a personal target, something to beat down that bloody annoying voice in my head telling me that i am cured.

told you it would be a ramble
I agree with you 100% about each post having an impact, and I hope you have encouraged someone who may have considered leaving to stay!

Have you ever done a triathlon before? About seven years ago I did several sprint triathlons. It is a good distance if you are new to the sport. I may set my goals on completing another sprint in the fall, although, due to knee problems I will need to walk the running portion.

Thanks for a little inspiration to start the day!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Very excited to wake up with 60 days today!! Thank you so much to each of you for your support, this thread has been important to me.

Congratulations to all my fellow classmates hitting 60 days along with me today.

Carry on friends!

❤️Delilah
Old 02-29-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Whoop-whoop! Congratulations Delilah!!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I just worked out I am 50 days today as well as being 7 weeks sober!!!!

Doesn't it feel great?! I've had an amazing meeting tonight with a lot of people sharing their stories with me... I have so much hope and excitement for the future....
Now to do the work and get through my 12 steps !!! Off to bed one happy girl xxx
Old 02-29-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Haris, thank you for your “ramble.” Personally, I have fallen for that loss of motivation based on physical improvements before, and it always ends taking me further back than before. I love your plan to set a new goal, and training for a triathlon is perfect! I think you’ve hit on something here; we need to keep ourselves challenged in other ways once we are comfortable in our sobriety, preferably in areas of self-improvement, to keep the motivation going.

Happy 60th to today’s milestone achievers!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Haris---ramble away...

Personally I have yet to feel that lack of motivation but when it comes..and it will come, as in "This is my new Sober life and what do I do with it?"

I hope to remember how close I was to losing everything. Everything in every way.
My emotional, spiritual and physical health, family, friends, finances, respect, etc. Unfortunately I dug a pretty deep hole but the climbing out keeps me motivated right now.

And the thought of indeed losing everything - hopefully - will keep me motivated in the long run. But right now one day at a time works.

Wishing everyone a Good Sober day!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I agree with you 100% about each post having an impact, and I hope you have encouraged someone who may have considered leaving to stay!

Have you ever done a triathlon before? About seven years ago I did several sprint triathlons. It is a good distance if you are new to the sport. I may set my goals on completing another sprint in the fall, although, due to knee problems I will need to walk the running portion.

Thanks for a little inspiration to start the day!
Thanks Delilah, No i haven't done one before, i was more a Barroom olympian than the more conventional meaning.

thanks for the advice, i have signed up for the sprint version of the triathlon... seems a good starting point. so hopefully 149 days after i stopped drinking i shall be swimming, riding and running around windsor.

i have downloaded a training plan, and sending my bike for a service this weekend. think i am trying to get as much done before i change my mind and take up sunflowers offer of the knitting needles.

i really am quite pumped about this... i needed something else to focus on. i have concentrated for years on drinking booze and for the last 43 days on not drinking booze... now its time to think of something else completely

and congrats to everyone again for waking up on a monday morning hangover free

Last edited by Haris2014; 02-29-2016 at 07:32 AM. Reason: got my names mixed up
Old 02-29-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Congratulations on 60 days Meshelly! :

Hold the door, you’ve got several people on your heels, Bandi, Delilah, Pedro and MAV will join you tomorrow! :
Very cool post Odelle---Thank you!!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Congrats Nic--7 weeks is wonderful! Proud of you--you sound great and glad your local meetings are helping you.

Hey Thump--congrats on your 30 days!! Love the serenity prayer.

Hiya Meshelly--Wow, Congratulations on your 60 days!! You really worked your way through some traditional drinking celebrations --- Good job! Did you enjoy them even more Sober? Congrats again

Hi Sandy--Congrats on your dance performance! Sounds like a lovely way to de-stress. And good for you on the no smoking! You and Odelle are rocking that one together.

Hey Sunflower--again, no words of wisdom or advice for your marriage issues except that I too have a 'high maintenance' DH and understand how very difficult times can be. I used to blame my drinking on him and it was only when I turned the mirror on myself that I learned to let things go and take responsibility for my 'reactions' to his actions/words. I also of course then had to admit that I'm not an easy person to be around in our marriage. So, I'm working on that and with long term Sobriety perhaps our compatibility issues will resolve or my clear mind will help me see a different path. Hugs to you

Hi Rally--sounds like you have a heavy work load now and in the near future. Projects, projects, projects! Glad you're working out in advance a healthier way to celebrate their completions. A massage sound great!

Hi Caramel--Great BP readings!! Amazing isn't it how not drinking helps in so many ways? Congrats on your improved health.

Hey Olivia--Yes to the sugar and cancer as a bad combo! I'm reading up on that too because cancer runs in my family so if I can incorporate any prevention measures, it's well worth it no matter how deprived I feel. No alcohol and less sugar is a good start, right? But...sometimes sugar in very small quantities is a must! Like really high quality dark chocolate - 85% cacao, or a really gooey dessert to mess with the AV cravings- All things in moderation... whoops, except alcohol!

Hi Odelle--you are such a Rock in our class! You claim to be an introvert but you always seem to know just the right thing to encourage us all and your posting stats are pretty impressive. Thank you for weighing in and sharing your wise words. How's your mom and sis? Both better I hope? Take care!

Thinking about you illi, M1, & JSC. Hope you guys are ok! Didn't mean to leave anyone out so shout out or post when you can.

Time to get moving today and be productive outside of SR. It's one of my fav places to hang out but the day and projects are calling my name.

Wishing everyone a good Sober day & evening-
Old 02-29-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hey all! On my way to Table Rock lake! All good here. Took my last antibiotic pill. Still have a head fountain going. Bummer. Hope it clears. I'm not kidding, I never used to get sick. Hope this is just a fluke. It makes me think of ppl with serious illnesses. That's got to be terrible. My daughter's ex MIL (we all still get along great and get together !) has Lyme Disease. She's now in a special clinic in Florida being treated. What a mess. Astronomical cost too. Insurance doesn't recognize Lyme. They should. They recognize West Nile (tick). Our attorney died of West Niles a couple years ago. Freaky! Sad! He was 72. Had a place on the river. We have a cabin back at the river behind our farm. Makes me a little leery to go there these days. Not sure where this topic came from!!

Bandi - my aunt always said take probiotics and eat lots of Greek yogurt. She was a super healthy eater... The Jack LaLane juicer and stuff. Died at 82 from guess what..... Cancer. Started in breast the metastasized around her body.

Pulling in Subway to eat.

Gotta go! Take care

Olivia
Old 02-29-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Yum! Subway has a really good broccoli cheese soup! We either get oven roasted or teriyaki chicken with all the veggies in it. I'm stuffed now but was really hungry.

So Sun - your husband sounds like a "fiasco". You can tell him I says that too! Lol! Ignore him, that usually works!

Can't wait to see the lake. We used to take a beach trip every year. We bought a place at the lake right years ago and haven't done our beach trip. That's coming up soon. Those waves, ocean air, sand.... Love love love it!

Am Australian band played at our farm last year for the Cancer party. Wasn't wild about their music but boy I could listen to them talk forever. Most beautiful, sexy voices I've ever heard! Would love to visit there sometime too.

Carry on!

Olivia (when Olivia was two, she called herself LaLa... Easier to pronounce I guess!). I still call her LaLa. She's four now. I look at her and really want to live... Don't want booze to get the better of me!!
Old 02-29-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

60 days! Congrats to everyone, whatever stage you're at. Absolutely crazy busy atm so no time to post much.

Carry on,all...
Old 02-29-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
I just worked out I am 50 days today as well as being 7 weeks sober!!!!

Doesn't it feel great?! I've had an amazing meeting tonight with a lot of people sharing their stories with me... I have so much hope and excitement for the future....
Now to do the work and get through my 12 steps !!! Off to bed one happy girl xxx
Congratulations on you 50 days Nic