Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 6

Old 02-29-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Checking in to say hi Well done to all mile stoners keep up the good work. Have a great day everyone
Old 02-29-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 60 Pedro

D
Old 02-29-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Another crazy busy day coming to an end, yay, yawn....

Good, bad, or mediocre, any day ended with sober is a success. Carry on all!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Oh, lots of activity! Thanks for all great posts. 30, 40, 50 and 60 day milestones! We are one very active and sober group.

When I first posted on here in January I NEVER imagined I'd be working towards 6 weeks of sobriety, 6 days of no smoking and sharing experiences with wonderful people from all over the world. It truly is an honour!

Thanks for the comments about my dancing. I started 2 years ago, so I'm still the "baby" of the class. As for de-stressing, not sure I'd put it that way. As with many things here in Japan, we are subjected to countless performances with practice and practice until the fun has been squeezed out! Sorry a little harsh, a sort of joking. I really do enjoy it, but I just wanted a hobby without all the hassle all the time.

Very good point about keeping the motivation up. drinking has taken a back seat to the smoking monster. It really is a difficult thing to give up. But getting a little easier day by day. You've got me thinking about a new goal for myself. A triathlon is most certainly not an option for me!!

My goal for this week is to think about a new self-improving goal!

Congratulations to everyone whether on 1 day or 60. Have a nice day/night!
Old 02-29-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
My goal for this week is to think about a new self-improving goal!
Too funny, I love your goal Sandy!

Congratulations on 5 days as a non-smoker! I can totally relate to how quitting drinking suddenly took backseat once nicotine was taken off the table. Keep it up hun, you are doing great!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Amazing day over here. I can't explain my mood but I am going with it! Had a smooth morning with the boys and finally got my FL tags for my car. Evan is falling asleep as I type this and I look forward to a quiet lunch and maybe some internet surfing.

No cravings today and I believe it is day 56. Hope you are all doing well and congrats on those of you who just celebrated 60 days!

Carry on sober friends...
Old 03-01-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Checking in, hope all's well with everyone!
Old 03-01-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Amazing day over here. I can't explain my mood but I am going with it! Had a smooth morning with the boys and finally got my FL tags for my car. Evan is falling asleep as I type this and I look forward to a quiet lunch and maybe some internet surfing.

No cravings today and I believe it is day 56. Hope you are all doing well and congrats on those of you who just celebrated 60 days!

Carry on sober friends...
Wonderful to hear Sunflower! Savour the blissful moments. How are you going on the job hunting? I think it would be good for you to have time to yourself. Just a day or two. Enjoy your amazing day!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Sunflower It's delightful when one's day just flows and everything seems for "the best in the best of all possible worlds".
Another thing that happens, very occasionally, for me is that time seems to slow down and an apparently tight schedule ends up with everything accomplished quickly and time to spare for unforeseen things. It's happened twice in recent years - very handy
Old 03-01-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Just checking in, hope everyone is doing well on this fine day!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Wonderful to hear Sunflower! Savour the blissful moments. How are you going on the job hunting? I think it would be good for you to have time to yourself. Just a day or two. Enjoy your amazing day!
Thank you so much Sandy. It's funny because a friend of my husbands just texted him today to ask if I wanted a job in sales. He didn't even know I was looking! I am not a fan of sales but am open to learning more about the position.

I also had an online orientation about an at home opportunity that might work as well. I will keep you posted and thanks so much for asking!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Sunflower It's delightful when one's day just flows and everything seems for "the best in the best of all possible worlds". Another thing that happens, very occasionally, for me is that time seems to slow down and an apparently tight schedule ends up with everything accomplished quickly and time to spare for unforeseen things. It's happened twice in recent years - very handy
Caramel, yes it is delightful! Today was definitely a day like you described. I also got a lot of cleaning done, listed some items on EBay, got a load of laundry folded and managed to get in a quick nap! I love days like these.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Good to hear you happy, Sunny. You deserve it.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone on the January thread. Hope you are all doing well with your respective recoveries. Congrats to all mile stoners. Have a great day everyone
Old 03-02-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Not much to report here, so I'll add to the noted health improvements. My BP has traditionally been on the "low" side, so no surprise when my reading was 112/72 at the end of January. The nurse took my reading at least three times yesterday and finally noted it at 106/68, which I attributed to quitting smoking and coffee. My weight has bounced up and down a couple of pounds since the end of January, but I'll take that as a positive since quitting smoking usually results in weight gain. I have an appointment for a full physical on the 11th, which is long overdue!

Stay strong everyone and let's get over this hump day with another 24 hours sober. Carry on!
Old 03-02-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hello! Nothing new here. Just boring old me ! Went out to lunch to a place that sells mostly great breakfast! They close daily at 2 pm! Seems weird but it works. A very feisty old gal owns it. She's about 80 and still working hard. Good for her.

Gonna read my crime novel for now.

Odelle - I too always had real low BP. That's good tho. I didn't like how once I recently started checking my numbers, my BP and heart rate had both climbed. Nothing dangerous but still. I remember my nurse saying that drinking raises all of these things. What doesn't drinking do?!

So weird driving around at the lake sober. There were many times as soon as we got to town we'd grocery shop and sip a beer or something on the way to the house. Guzzle a beer(s) I should say!
The last couple years I'd usually wait till we got to the house. My husband didn't. He's passed the two month mark now. I'm not a day counter. A pretty heavy drinking neighbor (down the street) asked him to have a drink yesterday. He just said he's on the wagon lately. Neighbor didn't care. Ain't nuttin gonna stop him! My husband says it's all in your mind (quitting drinking ) and he points at his brain!

Hot bath and book. And another good meal of course.

Take care. And carry on!

Olivia
Old 03-02-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Evening all. I'm really struggling at the moment. Not with cravings or anything but with extreme fatigue. I don't think it's anything to worry about but if it carries on much longer I may get it checked out.

Hope everyone is doing well. If anyone needs a warm fluffy feeling about how great SR classes are, have a looksee at this: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ass-today.html

Old 03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I am still slogging through big work push so wake-work-eat-work-sleep these days. Tomorrow is day 50 through, so that's cool.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well. Just checking in again. Have a great day everyone
Old 03-02-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mav View Post
Evening all. I'm really struggling at the moment. Not with cravings or anything but with extreme fatigue. I don't think it's anything to worry about but if it carries on much longer I may get it checked out. Hope everyone is doing well. If anyone needs a warm fluffy feeling about how great SR classes are, have a looksee at this: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ass-today.html
That was a great read, thanks for posting it.

I am sorry you aren't feeling your best right now. Have you ever experienced this type of fatigue before? Has anything else changes like diet or sleep patterns? I hope you feel better soon Mav.