Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 6

Old 03-04-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

You guys and gals are awesome, thank you so much for the tips and words of encouragement. This morning’s telephone interview was rescheduled for Monday morning, and I sent the background release form to the company that I interviewed for last Tuesday; fingers crossed! I considered working from home, but in all honesty, I miss having interaction with people. I guess I’m not a complete introvert, I fall somewhere in the type C category.

All of the topics of my rant take backseat to my sobriety and nicotine cessation, I am so happy to have racked up 40 days smoke free tomorrow and 60 days sober in 3 more days! Yay!

Olivia, you didn’t say anything that could be construed as rude! I’m just so frustrated with the melasma (dark areas on face) that developed post menopause. Previous methods to even skin tone don’t even phase this stuff. I’m not a quitter though; eventually I will find something that works and believe me I’ve tried a lot already.

I’ve always suspected I had an allergy to copier toner before, but where I’m working part-time now, I’m operating high-production copier equipment and I am really feeling the effects on my sinuses, throat and eyes. I’ve only been working there a month and already feel guilty about having to give notice, but it isn’t worth allergies. And no, I don’t think I have shingles, to me that was a far-fetched attempt at a diagnosis. I’ll assume it is allergy related; sinuses and swelling causing pressure around the eye socket and surrounding facial tissue. I’ve started taking Benedryl and Advil and it has subsided somewhat.

Enough about me, my sister was released from the hospital, but she still has a long recovery ahead of her. My mom is doing better, too. I’ll be heading out to help them out tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a great weekend, carry on!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Vandermast View Post
hey you guys ive found the sr class I belong to

been around for a few years but am in early recovery

its not easy but immensely worth it

alcohol has stripped so many good things out of my life it would take a long time to list.

so currently im on acamprosate, organised and commenced counselling attending aa and working a casual gig here and there to supplement welfare......

stopped digging the hole and am fashioning a ladder to begin the climb out.......

peace

vandermast
We can help each other out, giving each other a handhold. Good to have you here, bud.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Hello my friends- early morning over here and I am enjoying the peace and quiet (I think I say that every time I post in the morning before the family is up!)

Something inside of me is changing. Despite all the stress which hasn't changed, there is a bigger sense of gratitude coming on a regular basis. I am having these moments where I look at my kids and say out loud, "How did I get so lucky to have you in my life?" It's like the gray cloud is finally lifting. I am still on my meds and I still have my bad days but I just feel different in a way I can't exactly explain.

I'm also finally making some friends in the area which is must faster than the last time we moved. There are 2 girls in the neighborhood that are so friendly and easy to talk to and another one who lives less about 5 minutes away. I am supposed to go to the zoo with one this afternoon but our little guy has a cold and has been super cranky so I am not sure I want to make that commitment!

Not much else to report- oh, DH and I are finally getting along again. It was actually him who came up to me on Monday to resolve our issues and say, "let's just start over." It was refreshing as he never would have done something like that 3 or 4 years ago. He is learning

Happy Friday and stay sober my friends...

Quote of the day:

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/mp...ns6x2.png.html
((((Sunny))))

It's good to see you in tune like this, ma'am.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Gooood Morning friends!

Day 60 over here and yes, I am patting myself on the back today. Thank GOD I didn't take a sip all those times I was tempted. I need to hold onto this feeling anytime that AV comes out to strike.

I was trying to think if I have ever been sober for 60 days before when attempting sobriety and I honestly can't remember. I was in a hospital back in 2004 for a suicide attempt- the first time I was told I was a drug addict and alcoholic. I know I made it to 30 days in the center but can't remember what happened immediately when I was released (although I did end up drinking and drugging a few months later.) Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter.

I want to thank SR and all of you- none of this would be possible without you, none of it. I am so grateful that this place exists and that I can have support at any time of the day or night. In my opinion this is greater than any meeting, any sponsor and for me it is working (not discounting both of those by the way but this is what works for me.)

I feel so blessed to be alive, to be sober, to be able to finally reach my dreams and goals, something I could never do had I continued to numb my reality with liquid poison. When I walk past the booze in the grocery stores now I think to myself automatically, "what poison." I want nothing to do with it ever again.

This is the life we were meant to live.
This is the person we were meant to be.
This is the reason we are given free will.

Thank you to all of you- I can honestly say there is a piece of my heart that holds a spot for you...

Old 03-05-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations sunflowerlife

D
Old 03-05-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!!

Congrats on 60 days KDB and Sunflower!!!

This past week I've done a lot of thinking about why I choose to drink again...I think the main issue is I got bored with my sobriety. As we all know there is a lot time to fill once you quit. So I've joined a gym and signed up for a5k! I'm really excited

My AV has been silent since I drank. I think we both realized it did nothing for us. Now I just need a new voice in my head that constantly encourages me to work out...lol
Old 03-05-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Odelle- just a thought but have you thought about starting your own business? Or maybe get certified to do taxes? It's late for that this year but maybe something to work towards...
Old 03-05-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

This group is full of advice from romance to job-hunting to skincare! What a lovely caring thoughtful group.
Congratulations on 60 whole days Sunflower! Love the picture - hell yeah!

Illi - I understand the boredom. You're right, we have so much extra time on our hands. How did we waste so much? I've been feeling it hard the past week or so. Today I decided to put negative Nelly to bed and pushed myself to do something like I did in the first couple of weeks of sobriety. I went for a beautiful walk with my dog and organized dinner plans with friends. Thanks for the reminder to keep proactive with my plan. It's easy to celebrate milestones but easier to forget why they are so important.

In 18 mins I'll start to enjoy entire 6 weeks of this sober life. I know I've been grumpy lately but I feel amazing now. I really feel like I have physically improved. I had this yucky yellow deposit on my inner eye. I read it was liver related. It is barely visible now! I really want to be the best version of me. I'm better than I was 6 weeks ago.

Happy sober days everyone. Good night and carry on!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Enjoying all the good news this morning!!

Lol Sunflower--Love it...H^ll yeah for 60 Sober days Congratulations So glad you're finding your way on this beautiful Sobriety journey.

Congratulations on 6 weeks Sandy!! Glad you feel better too

Congrats KDB!!

Odelle--good news about your 2 job prospects and glad to hear you're getting away from the toner. If it's best for your health, then leaving that p/t job is the right decision. Best wishes for your mom & sis.

Hi illi---have fun training for your 5k. Sounds like a great way to keep AV at bay-

I just ate dark chocolate for breakfast ---hmmmm. No AV right now but you know, just in case- Wishing everyone a good Sober day (& night)
Old 03-05-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 months KDB!

Sunflower, it is such a privilege to share this journey with you and such an honor and delight to witness your growth. Congratulations on achieving your 60 day milestone!

Illi, I agree with you on boredom; as the saying goes, idle hands are the devil’s workshop! Congratulations on your decision to join a gym, I think it is a great choice! Lesson learned, time to move on. Thanks for the entrepreneurial tip, the problem is, I wouldn’t know where to begin. I missed my career calling since I have a great math aptitude and enjoy working with numbers! That’s something I’ll have to look into.

Sandy, congratulations on 6 weeks; may you continue to reap the benefits of sobriety!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Congrats KDB on 60 days!!
Old 03-05-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Making myself a nice breakfast of sausage, egg, and gouda on a buttered English muffin. It's a beautiful morning out here. Y'all enjoy a great weekend.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Yum--delicious breakfast Thump. You too--have a Great day-
Old 03-05-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Well i got over my little wobble yesterday and managed to get those thoughts away after a few hours.

Odelle- Thanks for the advice on working out different body parts, i basically just did a few weights and the punch bag for an hour or so. The last time i fell off the wagon it was because i was injured and somehow convinced myself to make the most of the rest days by getting drunk.

mav- Thanks for that thread theres definately enough things in their to keep me occupied.

Delilah- I havnt got netflix but i think i might see what its all about, havnt watched tv alot for years im sure ive missed so many good shows, gotham being one. Also i used to love clouring books as a kid but never knew there was adult ones haha.

Anyway its been a good day today, just glad i came on here yesterday, probably saved me a bit. I've been posting a tiny bit more during my sober time than in the past so ill try keep it up instead of coming on after drinking moaning like i usually do.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

CONGRATS ON 60 days SFL and KDB!!
Old 03-05-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Sunflower and KDB - rejoicing with you at your 60 days.
SandyO - I think you and I may share a Day 1? Mine was January 24, so I'm looking at 6 weeks now also
Happy days, everyone, carry on
Old 03-05-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I’m glad you made it through yesterday Bradley, we’ve come too far to give in now!

Caramel, congratulations on 6 weeks!

I had a good and productive day today; finally got around to reseating a toilet, did some shopping and fixed a big pot of chicken soup for dinner. Boredom should never be an issue for me, there’s always something to do around here, I just wish I could get motivated and stop procrastinating.

Onwards and upwards we go!
Old 03-05-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Sunflower and KDB - rejoicing with you at your 60 days.
SandyO - I think you and I may share a Day 1? Mine was January 24, so I'm looking at 6 weeks now also
Happy days, everyone, carry on
My first day sober was January 25th. Maybe a time zone difference. Congratulations on 6 weeks sober twin!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Hey fellow travellers

Its a very warm welcome and thanks.

Still sober and very glad

Cycled 30 ks today..feels good

Working on being more accepting of others faults.. So easy to react rather than respond in early recovery.. Short tempered tired n grumpy..cycling helps mood..
Drinking lots water and trying to meditate..counselling Tuesday..2 as meetings on wknd

Hope u lot are well

Van
Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Welcome Vandermast-