Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 6

Old 02-26-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Well done Nic. Also a bonus to get on the boss's wife side!
Old 02-26-2016, 01:05 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Well done Nic. Also a bonus to get on the boss's wife side!
The boss is my Cousin so we're all close anyway but I think she's happy I'm not drinking "while I'm on a diet"!!!! 😉
Old 02-26-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hiya Bandicoot and Caramel (makes me want ice cream that name)

You are both doing so well. I often come into this thread for some odd reason and read your posts along with everybody elses posts for inspiration, ideas etc.

You are both so kind and caring. Thank you for your interest in my recovery. I was really struggling today and Bandicoot's postS really helped. You posted multiple times to drill the message home and that's what I need.

C x
Old 02-26-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Well, the big 60 days is next week but I stopped counting individual days and don't know if that's good or bad. I work my plan every day and delve into my toolbox when necessary. Anyone else not counting days except for big milestones? And if so, how do you feel about it? :
Hi Bandi! You sound great! I don't count days either. I have them set up on the calendar on my laptop but realized I had them all wrong the other day when I looked so I had to redo them!

I always have to check to see where I am. I do remember my sobriety date so I think the monthly marks are nice to remember. But the daily count doesn't really mean much to me

Carry on friend!
Old 02-26-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Supposed to be going to see my parents this weekend in Naples but my DH and I are arguing again (more like ignoring each other) and I really don't want to be stuck in the car with him for 5 hours. Still, I have to suck it up regardless. I should be looking forward to seeing the gulf waters but instead I am stressing about what to pack (out of town trips really stress me out.) Much to do today: pack up for me and the kids, loads of laundry and need to get a workout in (took me 45 minutes to get Evan back to sleep this morning so I couldn't make it to the gym.) Just hoping I can get over this crappy mood. It doesn't help that I ate tons of nasty carbs yesterday. Overeating really kills my mood. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay sober, reach for your dreams and come here if you need support when that AV strikes!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Oh Nic---that is ironic! Good for you on re-gifting that wine

Hi Delilah--hope you have a Great weekend:-) Looking forward to celebrating 2 months with you next week!
Old 02-26-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Hiya Bandicoot and Caramel (makes me want ice cream that name)

You are both doing so well. I often come into this thread for some odd reason and read your posts along with everybody elses posts for inspiration, ideas etc.

You are both so kind and caring. Thank you for your interest in my recovery. I was really struggling today and Bandicoot's postS really helped. You posted multiple times to drill the message home and that's what I need.

C x
Hi Coco---be proud of yourself! You did the work and the mindfulness and fought off that nasty AV. I'm grateful that I saw your post and was able to share some really important advice and support that I've learned along my journey. So glad we're on this journey together
Congrats on Day 7
Old 02-26-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Oh Sunflower - No fun at all to be stuck on a long drive with a non-talking spouse. So sorry you have to go through that. Hopefully things will improve before you all climb in the car.

Gulf waters sound very healing. Hang in there friend
Old 02-26-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Oh Sunflower - No fun at all to be stuck on a long drive with a non-talking spouse. So sorry you have to go through that. Hopefully things will improve before you all climb in the car. Gulf waters sound very healing. Hang in there friend
Thank you. I actually decided not to go. It's been a crazy morning and the only thing that has brought me relief is postponing the trip. My parents understand and they will be there for five weeks so we can always go next weekend.

I feel like a crazy person. I can't even get my family ready for a trip without freaking out. My anxiety is at an all time high and I almost got wine at the store. Didn't give into that AV but my food AV won. Got food and plan on stuffing my face when i get home.
Just wish I could be a normal, stable person.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hang in there, Sunny. Good on you for not drinking, sweetie.

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hey lovelies,
I'm still sober and i think i'm on day 47 or something ... 6 weeks and 4 days.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will do a proper catch up over the weekend..Been so busy with Kids, Work, AA meetings and getting ready for Uni again (I start back on Monday). I always plan on coming on here on my lunch break but something always happens!!!!

Keep on ticking those days off xx
Hugs
Miss you, Nic, don't be a stranger, love.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Hang in there, Sunny. Good on you for not drinking, sweetie. Miss you, Nic, don't be a stranger, love.
Thanks Thump. How are you doing today?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Sunflower, good for you in postponing your trip, this is a step in the right direction where you are looking out for your own welfare! Congrats on not giving in to the AV while at the store. That is a major achievement that deserves a scrumptious reward.

Nic, nice job on re-gifting the wine!

Coco, one week already? Congratulations! (Caramel makes me think of ice cream too!)

Zeebs, congrats on 6 weeks!

A shout out “hello” to all, day 50 here and plodding along, almost looking forward to reaching the point of not counting days but until then, carry on!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Congrats on fifty, Odie!

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thanks Thump. How are you doing today?
Aside from my back being a little touchy still, it's a great day. I was going to do some woodwork today, but my back is telling me to rest it, so I'm listening. I'm going to go sit out on the porch and write me a song in a little bit. How are you, sweetie?
Old 02-26-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say Hi. Have a great day everyone
Old 02-26-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Also checking in to say hi! Well, I just got a Z-Pak
Old 02-26-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Message sailed off too soon!

Got a strong antibiotic finally. I felt like I was getting better but I just couldn't kick it. Doc called in script for me thank goodness.

So... On the mend finally I hope.

I hope everyone is doing well. Putting the house back together after having a painter paint. What a difference paint makes.

Olivia
Old 02-26-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hey Pedro, hope your day is going well!

Olivia, I glad you are on antibiotics, this year’s flu/respiratory illness is a bad one! New paint, how lovely to come home to freshly painted walls; that alone should have you feeling better!

I hope everyone is doing well this Friday evening! Carry on.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post

Got a strong antibiotic finally. I felt like I was getting better but I just couldn't kick it. Doc called in script for me thank goodness.

So... On the mend finally I hope.

Olivia
Hope you are back to health soon- it's been a tough cold season, hasn't it? My cough is finally gone after almost a month!

And yes, paint changes a room entirely! Enjoy your "new" house
Old 02-27-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Morning friends- Enjoying the morning peace and some delicious coffee before the kids/hubby are up.

DH and I are at it yet again. I think we are fighting 3 or 4 days a week at this rate and it's always about parenting. He thinks I am undermining him but I am just trying to get on the same page. We agreed to parent the same way (gentle discipline) but I am tired of him criticizing our 4 year old constantly. I am the only one who reads book after book on how to be better parents and so I share that information with him. He acts like he wants to try the new approach but always resorts back to his typical ways and gets mad when I speak up. Well I'll be damned if I am going to keep my mouth shut when he's raising his voice and making our son feel crummy.

Damn it, marriage and being a parent is the hardest thing on earth. Sometimes I don't think I'm cut out for it at all. I like feeling needed but hate feeling smothered and I feel more smothered than anything these days. Our 18 month old will not leave me alone for a second and it's always worse in the evenings. I can't sit down without him crawling all over me and trying to rip my shirt off to nurse. I should be enjoying these days (I mean he really is an adorable little thing) but instead I am cringing. I can't even go to the bathroom alone, shower with the door closed or go out the front door to throw trash away without a meltdown from him.

I am just having a hard time handling stress.
And I can hear my 4 year old waking up so, I gotta go.

I wish you all a great weekend. I feel like it's been a bit quiet around here lately. I miss all the noise!

Quote from my favorite neuroscientist:

Old 02-27-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Sun - keep doing what you are doing in all areas. Your DH is really annoying! My husband was always too critical of our two kids also. Used to drive me crazy! His approach to parenting can be devastating to a child. It has very long terms effects on a child. Not good. Yes, marriage and parenting (especially parenting) is the hardest thing you'll do! Stress the positives with children. Build up their confidence. This world can be a difficult place to be!

Keep up the good work!

Odelle - how's mom and sis? Hope getting better.

Going to the boat show today in STL.

Temperature today going from 26 - 60 degrees. We've been having these wild temperature swings all winter. Lots of wind the entire past year also. Makes for lots of illness, not to mention storms!

Have a good Sober Saturday!

Carry on!

Olivia