Old 02-29-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Haris2014

congrats to everyone on your milestones...cant believe it is march tomorrow and we are still going strong.. The January clan is strong.

for those that are thinking of leaving.. please don't, i say this for purley selfish reasons, but reading anything and everything from you guys really does help, and i thank you all greatly

so... day 43 here. and wow the last week has been tough. I think all the self satisfaction of getting to a month and then on to six weeks you trick yourself into thinking you're cured.

this next part might seem like a bit of a ramble

ok, i have (like i am sure we all do) been googling like crazy to see how my recovery compares to others, am i having a cake walk or making a meal of it. I stumbled on a blog by someone, can't remember who, that was talking about the stages of kicking the booze. i found it interesting that the writer had highlighted that some people are better at some parts than others... much like a triathlete .. some can swim, others run...and hell, we can all ride a bike right?

anyway i have been pretty good at the first part.. the stubbornness to give up cold turkey and refuse to drink... i am struggling now as i think my motivation is waning.. i am feeling and looking a lot better, the memories of the hangovers, shakes, vomiting and lethargy are fading fast.. the better i am physically the less motivation i seem to have.
soooo... i need new goal, and i think that for me it will be exercise, i need some goals to set, something i can throw myself into...i have had an idea, i think i have just talked myself into doing a triathlon...

i am going to sign up to a triathlon today (maybe a half one) so i have something to work to

not sure what my motivation will be when i have ticked this task off the list..maybe something a little more gentile like knitting.... who needs a scarf for next winter?

i just want to clarify that i do have motivation in the form of my beautiful wife and 2 year old son.... but i need a personal target, something to beat down that bloody annoying voice in my head telling me that i am cured.

told you it would be a ramble