Old 02-29-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
bandicoot2
EnjoyingTheJourney

Congrats Nic--7 weeks is wonderful! Proud of you--you sound great and glad your local meetings are helping you.

Hey Thump--congrats on your 30 days!! Love the serenity prayer.

Hiya Meshelly--Wow, Congratulations on your 60 days!! You really worked your way through some traditional drinking celebrations --- Good job! Did you enjoy them even more Sober? Congrats again

Hi Sandy--Congrats on your dance performance! Sounds like a lovely way to de-stress. And good for you on the no smoking! You and Odelle are rocking that one together.

Hey Sunflower--again, no words of wisdom or advice for your marriage issues except that I too have a 'high maintenance' DH and understand how very difficult times can be. I used to blame my drinking on him and it was only when I turned the mirror on myself that I learned to let things go and take responsibility for my 'reactions' to his actions/words. I also of course then had to admit that I'm not an easy person to be around in our marriage. So, I'm working on that and with long term Sobriety perhaps our compatibility issues will resolve or my clear mind will help me see a different path. Hugs to you

Hi Rally--sounds like you have a heavy work load now and in the near future. Projects, projects, projects! Glad you're working out in advance a healthier way to celebrate their completions. A massage sound great!

Hi Caramel--Great BP readings!! Amazing isn't it how not drinking helps in so many ways? Congrats on your improved health.

Hey Olivia--Yes to the sugar and cancer as a bad combo! I'm reading up on that too because cancer runs in my family so if I can incorporate any prevention measures, it's well worth it no matter how deprived I feel. No alcohol and less sugar is a good start, right? But...sometimes sugar in very small quantities is a must! Like really high quality dark chocolate - 85% cacao, or a really gooey dessert to mess with the AV cravings- All things in moderation... whoops, except alcohol!

Hi Odelle--you are such a Rock in our class! You claim to be an introvert but you always seem to know just the right thing to encourage us all and your posting stats are pretty impressive. Thank you for weighing in and sharing your wise words. How's your mom and sis? Both better I hope? Take care!

Thinking about you illi, M1, & JSC. Hope you guys are ok! Didn't mean to leave anyone out so shout out or post when you can.

Time to get moving today and be productive outside of SR. It's one of my fav places to hang out but the day and projects are calling my name.

Wishing everyone a good Sober day & evening-