Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-10-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Camryn474, well done.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

FABL you seem to have a good plan to get through the day you can do it.

5upersonic love the pancake story.

Cam so glad you found a way to resist drinking well d9ne.

Chinaski love your posts so thoughtful.

I enjoy reading all the posts they really help knowing I am not alone and this madness is just not me but a horrible addiction.

Had my first drinking dream last night yuk the desperate feeling that I had to get more booze once I had one was so vivid. Even woke up with an headache not good. It reminded me the romantic notion of a nice glass of wine dosent last for long and ends up for me needing to get more.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Let's have another good day sober.

I feel really encouraged - trying to limit my thoughts and keep it simple.

Light snow on the ground...I hate winter.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Good morning (yawn!) - no quitting coffee here, yet. I have 1-3 cups in the morning, no more throughout the day. Meh.

So glad to see all the check-ins - thanks Max particularly.

Day 10. Nice to be in double digits. Off to a pre-k field trip in a couple hours. Love it.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Hi all,

This is a quick morning mental adjustment: I am telling myself that it is okay if this twelve-hour work day without breaks feels like tough going and leaves me tired at the end of day. There is no need to generate stress about it, no need to overanalyze, or to overthink. All I need to do is get through it. No need to invent problems on top of it. I have done it before, and can do it again. I will check back in after.

Mel
Old 02-10-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Mel you can do it I look forward to your check in later
Old 02-10-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good morning. I had a rough night last night, didn't sleep well at all. Plus I had a terrible dream. Phew, glad that's over.

Day 6. First day I haven't woken up in a good mood. I have to do a couple of things today I'm not looking forward to.

Might be a rough day here. Thx for keeping the thread going everyone.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Day 10 here too. Double digits for me and Applekat. Hooray!

Just a quick check-in as I've got an early morning work meeting and training to get to. Thank goodness this is the last of the trainings for a while as they are extremely boring and repetitive. Basically just corporate CYA stuff "teaching" us all things we've learned years ago or we wouldn't have survived in our jobs. And the meeting is a good one because it's the first active step involving a promotion I received a couple of weeks ago.

I'm the opposite of many of you as I just started drinking coffee this January for the first time in my life. I was drinking way too many sodas. At least coffee is 0 calories. I didn't think I liked coffee but I decided to give it a try with the rationalization that it couldn't taste any worse than all the crappy cheap beer and wine I'd drank over the years. I don't think I'm drinking too much of it though--usually just a cup or two every couple of days. I don't even think I've had a cup yet this week. Though I'm putting two cups in my thermos to get me to work this morning. Not used to these early hours as I work a lot of evenings.

Glad to see so many people checking in already today. Have a happy and sober Wednesday everyone!
Old 02-10-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. A quick check in . Day 11. I had a dream last night where I was arguing with my av over drinking. It wanted me to give in for one more night. I thought in my dream for a moment of giving in and was then upset with myself.

Onward one day at a time.

AppleKat, so glad you are in double digits. Same to you Chinaski. Congrats.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Coffee's cool guys, in fact it's great!

Never heard of anyone getting into a fight or falling down drunk after too many latte's!

This is one we can moderate safely.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Quitting coffee?! That's an idea I'll never consider! It doesn't even compute.

I'm really happy happy to be a week sober today. I don't think I would have made it last night without y'all's support.

Sorry to those of you that didn't sleep well. I don't know if being tired increases y'all's cravings but I'm thinking that played a big part in why yesterday was so bad for me. Just something to consider.

Have a good day, all.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I hate having recover from something like alcohol. It's keeps us bouncing around in thought and emotion.
I just thought of something I haven't thought of in about 2 weeks, but it's moderately important. Ooo makes me mad at myself. Blaming it on stress would be a cop out. Drinking is the root of most of my problems, basically.
Trying to voice these things to keep them present in my mind.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Congrats on one week sober, Camryn474! Being tired is a huge trigger. I'm sure you've heard of HALT before-: Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired--four of the main triggers we all need to look out for in recovery. Some people think of boredom and jealousy as separate triggers but I think boredom can be lumped in with loneliness and jealousy with anger.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I want to offer a word of congratulations and encouragement to everyone who made the decision to stop drinking in February, 2016. I made the same decision on February 10, 2014, and I can honestly say it's the best decision I've made. My life is so much better now that I decided to quit drinking. There is literally nothing at all that I miss about alcohol. I feel so much better. No more hangovers. Better relations with family members and friends. I'm healthier and weigh less. I'm sure my liver is doing somersaults in thanksgiving for my decision.

Anyway, you've all made a great choice. This website was a great help to me when I decided to quit. It's nice to know you aren't the only one who wants to stop a destructive habit!

Best regards to the Class of February, 2016.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Congrats on two years, StraightAhead, and thanks for checking in with us. Very inspirational. Hope I'm doing the same thing on February 1, 2017 and 2018.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years StraightAhead
Old 02-10-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Straightahead...2 years is incredible. Thanks for the encouraging post. I think it means a lot to many of us.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Congrats on one week Cam!

Inspirational, Straightahead!

Happy hump day y'all!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

2 years! incredible SA. just checkin in, between the never ending study marathon. off the cigarettes !day 2 on that front. although i seem to have replaced the smokes with fried egg sandwiches ... A carton a day habit!! (of eggs .. not really, but still too many eggs). all things considered, my PALTRY budget may be the best thing that ever happened to me because there is ZERO money for anything besides the essentials. keepin me honest. although honestly i must say i am feeling good in my sobriety and will protect it! my health and happiness depends on it
Old 02-10-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Amazing, StraightAhead. Congrats on two years!