Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi all! I thought I was posting here this morning but I posted on a different thread oops. Anyhow it was a good day and got a lot done. Another busy one tomorrow. I am off to bed and praying one of my kids doesn't wake me up again tonight. I've been woken up every night for the last week. Mamma is tired!!! Hope you all had a great day, there was no visit from the AV today so woo hoo for that!!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm feeling that little bit stronger every day. I still wake with anxiety, wondering whether I will be able to make it into work, but once I'm up I'm ok.

Next week I've got a week off. My kids won't ne around as one is at uni, the other travelling overseas. There will be just me and my drinking husband...I'm already worrying about it. I have zero desire to drink but I just can't trust myself to do the sane thing. I have no confidence left.

One day at a time though. And today I'm ok...

Much love to you all ❤️
Old 02-10-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you drank Maximus. please don't give up. We are all in this together ok?

Jen xx
Old 02-11-2016, 12:03 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hi chinaski. Thanks for thinking of me it's 7pm Thursday here. We are going away on Friday. I've just had to drop my dog off at my dads house cos he's looking after him while we're away. I hate being away from my dog! I feel really lost without him, and usually this would be the perfect night for a drink but I'm not. Day 4 is coming to a close.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

morning all

Hope you're all doing okay.

Maximus , dont give up giving up and it will happen. We've all been there. Stick with us.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good Morning all

I must have slept for 10 hours last night and I am still tired this morning catching up on long lost natural sleep I think.

Max glad you came straight back shows your determination to change is strong.

Jeni dont worry to much about your week off try to plan things to do to keep occupied.

Sansa hope you have a great time check in when you can.

Got a friend (ex sort of very complicated to say the least lol) coming for the weekend quite looking forward to it. He has a problem with drinking too but has been clean for a while now be nice to have someone who understands around. Only problem still no cooker oh well just have to have meals out and takeaways 😆.

Hope you all have a good day will check in later.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hello lovely people. I am an alcoholic and have been battling with drink for the past ten years. On the surface I look great...great job, nice house, happy son. On the inside I am spiritually broken with no hope and no joy. Alcohol has done this to me.

I am 17 days sober and extremely grateful of my new life.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you
Old 02-11-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Knb
Old 02-11-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Welcome knb well done on 17 days
Old 02-11-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Day 9
Doin' fine!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Sticking by not drinking today.
Work in progress. Hoping a good day for us on here.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I thought I posted here last night but I see I didn't. I have awful news, I drank day before yesterday. Then I spent yesterday so sick I could barely function but had to go in to work anyway. It's a new job, very important to me. I was horrified. Last night I was still really sick so I drank a mini bottle of alcohol right before I went to bed. So, today is day one. Again. I am really scared, this thing is so much bigger than me. I know a lot of you are not fond of AA, and there are things I don't like about it, too, but I need everything I can get, so I'm going back tonight to pick up another white chip and today I'm going to call some of the numbers they gave me earlier in the week. I feel like this is my last chance. I still feel so awful, and there's so much going on. I am totally overwhelmed.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Morning everyone. Day 10.

Getting in super academic scholar nerd mode for this exam I have today in school

Welcome to newcomers! Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Rock on!
Old 02-11-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Hi everyone, I thought I posted here last night but I see I didn't. I have awful news, I drank day before yesterday. Then I spent yesterday so sick I could barely function but had to go in to work anyway. It's a new job, very important to me. I was horrified. Last night I was still really sick so I drank a mini bottle of alcohol right before I went to bed. So, today is day one. Again. I am really scared, this thing is so much bigger than me. I know a lot of you are not fond of AA, and there are things I don't like about it, too, but I need everything I can get, so I'm going back tonight to pick up another white chip and today I'm going to call some of the numbers they gave me earlier in the week. I feel like this is my last chance. I still feel so awful, and there's so much going on. I am totally overwhelmed.
Hi Karen. That's me 17 days ago. I have tried many, many,many times to quit on my own. . I would manage 5 days then drink, or 2 days then drink. The struggle went on for years.
I have a love/hate relationship with AA but I went to my first meeting 17 days ago after not going for 5 years. There is something empowering with group therapy. You just cannot beat being face to face with likeminded people who have the same addiction. Just take from the meeting what is right for you.
I go to meetings, have private therapy and post on forums...anything to keep me focused and sober
Old 02-11-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Welcome knb...

It is a good group with lots of support.
Day 12 for me. One day at a time.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome Karen. I feel exactly the way you do. Im scared of this thing, and its got a hold of me big time. I do believe we can overcome it tho, if we keep trying. I have attended AA meetings in the past, and have found alot of support there. I think its good you are going.

Welcome back knb. I remember you very well, from another class. So proud of you on your 17 days.

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. Im feeling so low today, and it really helps to know I have people who truly understand. I hope I can get off this crazy train . Im really afraid, Im so afraid. I just have to keep trying.

Congrats class on all your sober days. I have to restart my day count, but Im still here.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Karen I don't 'do' AA but it's saved a lot of my friend's lives. If it helps you, what others might think of it is immaterial.

I think you should use everything and anything you can keep your recovery

D
Old 02-11-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Welcome Knb, thanks for joining and sharing.
I've been there too, tried so many times. So much good advice and support here. Stay close.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....just checking in.

Welcome to newcomers.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Karen - it's okay. Dust yourself off and get back on the horse. It doesn't matter that you fell down, it's all about getting back up. AA sounds like a good plan.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hope you have a refreshing holiday SansaS!