Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-09-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Home from work. Off the rest of the day. No plans so I'll probably be spending a lot of time here. I did have a couple of minor passing thoughts re: drinking while I was at work. Nothing that I'm feeling now but the thought did cross my mind that since today was a short day I could go have a "few" drinks after work. Unfortunately I've proven time and time again that my definition of a "few" can vary wildly so I'm better off sticking to none at all. I did eat a big lunch as soon as I left work to try to stave off those cravings.

My stomach is feeling better now. Whatever was going on early this morning has passed. Going to take a nap now and then head to the store and buy some healthy green stuff for a salad this evening.

letsdance -- Checking in and participating regularly here has been working wonders for me. Hope to see you more often and congrats on day 3 and on being enrolled in college.

Jeni26 -- Glad you're feeling better today, Jeni, but you shouldn't ever feel the need to apologize for being honest about your feelings here.

Ladybug2 -- Happy birthday to your daughter!

PeacefulRain -- Good luck with your furniture shopping. While you're shopping maybe you can find a box with a big lock on it to put that dumb AV in.

Hope everyone has a happy and sober Tuesday!
Old 02-09-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

I've managed to keep away from the temptation of a drink but still not sleeping well. Just realised how I must be dehydrated by the end of the day as I haven't replaced enough water for the alcohol.

Sorry I haven't been around. Work is driving me crazy. I'm so stuffed at night that I've come here but was too tired to post. Just been told I have to cover someone else over March/August. Whenever I've had to cover for someone, I drink more; so I'll have to come up with a plan.

Hope some of you that are struggling keep posting and be strong. This is turning out to be an awesome class.

Havagooday, everyone.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Happy Birthday little Ladybug!
^^This is adorable! And I second a happy birthday wish to the little one!

I'm having a rough day. I was so positive, and glad to be sober when I woke up. Now, not so much. I can't stop thinking about getting a bottle. I'm currently sitting in my car in my driveway, watching it snow and contemplating just going to the store. I'm feeling it's inevitable that I'll drink. I'm just in a funk. Severely depressed and not thinking clearly. Reality is just a really heavy burden to bear today.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Cam - don't drink, play the tape through to the end. Try to distract yourself with anything.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the bd wishes for my daughter - it's been a good day so far. It's about that time - good ol witching hour, ugh. Really hate this time of day now.

Cam, please stay strong. I know drinking now sounds appealing, but just think about how you will feel tomorrow. Eat something sweet and stay here with us. We'll get you through!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Camyrn -- Playing the tape thru is great advice. There's a reason you went online and found a sober support group in the first place--if you take that first drink you'll end up in that same bad spot or maybe even somewhere worse. Get yourself something to eat, stay hydrated, take a nap or a long hot bath, read through some old threads here, post in here as often as you need to--basically do anything but take that first drink. Don't go down that road. You've tried it before and it brought you here.

You're in my thoughts and prayers...
Old 02-09-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Take care Camryn! I know the feeling. Please keep checking back in.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Day 8. Quick check in. Work stress has been very high, butting heads with a coworker. I actually left today at lunch and picked up a pack of cigarettes! Well, one more pack is better than drinking.
Thanks for kind notes. I have decided I will just decline HH tomorrow and say I have other plans.
I do actually, sober plans best that I get more sober time before attempting to hangout in a bar (which I know eventually I'll be ok with - for infrequent work stuff like this - but not now.) I'm ok with that!
Got an invite from a friend last night to HH, and that also elevated my stress level, but I breathed through it. I have to remember I'm in control. It's nice to be invited out even if I can't make it. I politely declined and the moment passed.....
Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Camryn, stay strong! You know the answer is not in a bottle. Stress/depression - it will all still be there once the booze wears off and you'll end up feeling much worse!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Got hit with depression even though I'm on medication for it--I guess it would be even worse without it.

Lots of good support going on here!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

How are you doing, Camryn? Hope you'll check in soon.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi all. Checking in on day 9.
I've read each and every post and thoughts with all who are'nt doing so well.
We are learning to deal with emotions we numbed ourselves from with booze.
It's all pretty exhausting really.
But it's personal growth and better than dealing with shame, blackouts, lies, self loathing..... and the rest.
Love to all
-Tink
Old 02-09-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I too hope you check in Camryn.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good job on making it through another day.

You alright Cam? Let us know.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Big hugs Cam, thinking of you.

Need to hunker down with my book, bath, and fizzante and water tonight. Goooood night anytime, kiddos!! Last night my babe was up at 12, 330, 430, 530, 630 for the day. Six year old came to our bed about 4, and the 4 year old got up at 530 for the day. These are the situations that make me want to drink....and also that make me realize you just shouldn't drink at all with that kind of cruddy sleep. :/
Old 02-09-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Sounds exhausting, Applekat. Can't imagine how much more exhausting it'd be to be drunk/hungover on top of it all. Hope tonight's a little smoother for you...
Old 02-09-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you have any help at home applekat?

D
Old 02-09-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Just realized it's been two years ago today since my mother passed away. She had her own personal demons until the end of her life, but she hated alcohol with a vengeance and would be happy that I'm sober today.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, Chinaski. I lost my father over 10 years ago and it was hard on me for years. He'd be glad I'm getting sober too. Hang in there.

Just watching the election coverage. I get pumped up for days like this, sort of a natural high. The thought of a drink crossed my mind earlier but I'm remembering the tools - AVRT, playing the tape. Allen Carr's book about quitting drinking is helping too. It dispels a lot of myths and brainwashing we've learned about drinking.

Camryn, hope your hangin in. Be well everyone.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Speak soon Camryn.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I just wrapped up day 8 and felt some urges creeping up but silence them with dinner, a pint of haagen dazs and of course a dose of SR!

Keep up th awesome work guys