Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-09-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Jeni
I've felt like that before. That's what drinking day after day does to me. Changes my chemistry and poisons my mind and spirit. I feel what you're going through. If we don't drink, it'll get better.
Pls keep posting, and so will I.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I had to dig deep last night and just get through a few bad moments.

Day 9.

Noticing I need to re-evaluate social media groups I belong to. I can't believe how much of a "thing" it has become to associate moms with coffee and wine and yoga pants. Way too many jokes, which may be jokes to some, but I don't stop at just one glass.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Nice job on fighting through some tough spots guys.

Keep it up.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Just checking in. I haven't posted in a few days. Been very busy. But I'm always here. I never log off of SR!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TaylorSaint View Post
It seems so silly to even say the words day 4, but I'm much better off than I was last week.
I also just got through Day 4. It doesn't seem like much, but we have to start somewhere. I keep telling myself that it will be so much harder to start over at Day 1 again! I know some days are harder than others. We just have to take it day by day & don't give in! Let us know how you make it through today, Day 5!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I haven't caught up on posts but wanted to check in.

Day 6 for me. I slept last night. Hard. Pretty exhausted and groggy this morning but happy to be sober.

I'll check in and get caught up a bit later.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in this morning. I'm not feeling real good right now. My stomach is very upset for some reason. Hope this passes soon. Going to try and get a little more sleep before work this morning. Wishing everyone the best today...
Old 02-09-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good Morning!! I've been sleeping so much better. I can actually lay my head down at night with a clear conscience! When I drank, I didn't slept much unless I passed out. I always felt guilty about sneaking & lying or I was always trying to remember something I had done when I blacked out. It is the best feeling in the world knowing that I have nothing to hide or nothing to feel guilty about! I have a 15 year old son & a fiancé that have been through a lot because of my drinking. They're both very proud of me for making this decision to get sober and I do not want to let them down! And I don't want to let myself down!! I know that the days won't always be easy but I gotta keep moving forward! So bring on Day 5!!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
Just a quick check-in this morning. I'm not feeling real good right now. My stomach is very upset for some reason. Hope this passes soon. Going to try and get a little more sleep before work this morning. Wishing everyone the best today...
Hi Chinaski,

I was wondering it was the Reese's peanut butter cups you mentioned yesterday; I hope it is not alcohol withdrawal persisting. I will be checking back later today and look forward to your update.

My plan for the next ten hours is not to let job stress get toxic. Then some good food followed by an easy-to-understand movie, such as "Sylvester Stallone playing a scientist saves the world from getting hit by a meteor."

Mel
Old 02-09-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Starting day 5. I woke up rested and relaxed. Tuesday's I usually sleep till 11 then nurse my hangover and try to look put together before anyone gets home. That's one of the signs I knew things were going downhill fast. I was starting to lie about how I was spending my days, I was hiding bottles of booze ( still can't find a few). Lying to the people I live the most is NOT who I am. Lying to anyone is NOT who I am. Drinking has certainly caused a lot of pain in my life, but there is no buzz that is worth what I was about to lose. Feeling hopeful and thankful heading into day 5.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone. Sending positive thoughts out to those struggling or not feeling well. I just got done going through a mental checklist of my physical and mental state. Body a bit sore from kickboxing, throat scratchy (touch of a cold), feel a bit groggy since I didn't sleep the best. Mentally I'm adjusting and feeling a little overwhelmed. So thankful for everyone's posts here. So thankful for 9 days sober. I never slept well when I drank. Would pass out for about 4 hours, then racing heart, dry mouth or worse, would keep me up. Even a restless sober night is better then that.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
Hi Chinaski,

I was wondering it was the Reese's peanut butter cups you mentioned yesterday; I hope it is not alcohol withdrawal persisting. I will be checking back later today and look forward to your update.
You're probably right. I really have been eating horribly the last couple of days. Going to do try to do better today. I'm already feeling a bit better. Couldn't fall back asleep so I guess it's time to start getting ready for work. Should be a short shift today.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Morning everyone..Day 10 for myself. Longest stretch in a while. Strange i woke this morning not feeling well. I could feel a headache in the back of my head and had a extremely dry mouth.

When I first woke I thought for a brief second that perhaps I had drank last night.

I am very grateful that I did not.

Hope everyone has a safe Tuesday.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congrats on double digits, soberjim!
Old 02-09-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Well i think i need to make sure i check in here more often. I have been doing awfully. Feb has started out just like January. So today is day 3. My mental health is just shot. Not sure if its from booze or just because it was shot already. All i do know is that alcohol is not helping anything so i better stop. I beat myself up so much. I tell myself i am a failure all the time. Can't seem to keep a job, or get my crap together. I am in college again though and doing good so far. I need to read what everyone is doing here. I am planning to post a lot more often, sorry guys, lol. I just need to have a safe place to go and vent. AA does not work for me. Tried it, don't like it.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days Soberjim!
Old 02-09-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Well done Soberjim.

I'm just home from work and feeling better than I have for a while. Sorry if my last post worried anyone. I'm not suicidal, but I just needed to write that out because that's where drinking takes me...I need to treat this as a battle for my life.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in real quick - have a really busy today with it being my daughter's bd. Day 4 and so grateful to be sober and hangover free today. I can already feel my mood starting to even out. Would get such mood swings while drinking or hungover Taking a minute at a time right now - I can feel my AV just lurking around the corner. Will check back later. Congrats to all for being sober another day and thoughts going out to those who are struggling or not feeling well.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Happy 6th to your daughter Ladybug! Stay strong through all the feelings. Ironically it was my daughter's 6th bday in January where I decided to have a couple glasses of wine bc it was just such a great night (Friday night too, convenient) - and it was fine that night but it started my next little wave of "screw it" nights. Don't make my mistake. If I could go back I would just order a Diet Coke that night.

Onward, anyway.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday little Ladybug!!!

Hub and I will be out furniture shopping which will undoubtedly lead to bickering. I always say we are a younger Frank and Estelle Costanza but I'm getting new furniture so yaaaaaay for that! The AV popped in for a minute and it sounded absolutely disgusting so she didn't stay long. Have a great day everyone!